Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Fun with email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Fun with email Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm getting a little tired of seeing the "hook a brother up" thread, so I thought I'd start a thread full of Utter BS. Should the Mods feel this thread becomes popular or is a "game" please feel free to move it to another section. I can't judge if anyone would reply, so I put it here.

1. For his thread, please post utterly horrible emails that you've received. They can have poor grammar, stupid typos or be completely off-the-wall, etc.

2. Please refrain from posting the senders email address, personal information etc.,

3. Copy the content of the letter and then "grade" it -- maybe put it into a power point slide, photoshop -- whatever and repost it (or post a summery of why a particular grade was assigned.

4. Provide relevant background information, if required.

As an example, I think the following email rates a "C-" (about a 2.0 or a 2.1 on a 4 pt scale -- If I were to take into account the legal mistakes, I would give it an F, but that is another story). Briefly, I live in a Home Owners Association (HOA). Residents of an HOA aren't necessarily a "part" of a city in the traditional sense. As an example, that the city doesn't come and plow our roads if it snows. Rather as an association, we pay a monthly fee and things such as snow removal, landscaping, upkeep of the property (roads, sidewalks, etc.) are taken care of by independetly hired companies. Surprisingly, we have an unexpected number of "alternative-lifestyle people" living in the community and the email below is from one. Not sure if it is relevant, but I thought I'd throw that in there. Anyway, without further ramblings, here is the email. Get out your red pens!!! Please note, extra credit will be granted for those graders who spot, not only the grammatical mistakes (and the like) but the error in reasoning.

"Dear Homeowners,

Another home has been sold and one remains that is being shown. Our opportunity to exercise any leverage is fleeting. I have place several calls to R. J. , none of which have been returned.

We must take action to lean the final house or we will be stuck with nothing being completed or fixed and tens of thousands of dollars in repairs and possible future liabilities.

If this community wants nothing to be fixed and be exposed to future liabilities we cannot do nothing as you are doing now. We are all busy but we must act together with one strong voice.

1. We must find out if the new management company has taken over and find out any details. I have heard nothing.
2. Parking buy residents is becoming a safety problem as well as damaging the sidewalks we, together, will be responsible for repairing.
3. Numerous repairs and replacements etc. are in limbo.

Please let me know if we need to schedule a meeting that will result in moving forward and achieving results.

Yours sincerely,"
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what the hell... that dude was probably tripping.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Cpl_Mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That email shows many reasons why the human race isn't gonna make it. Sad

O well what can ya do?

Other then eat tacos.....CHOCOTACOS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: