Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Politicians + sex = scandal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do political scandals shake your belief and trust on politics and the government?
Yes they do
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No they don't
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
I don't know
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
A little
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Twistys

Location: Finnland, I think. Not sure... Is that a Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Politicians + sex = scandal? Reply with quote

These days politician's life is as public as celebrities'. Nothing is sacred and everything is public. I'm talking about the sex scandals like Spitzer or Clinton. Also in Finland we have a scandal involving the middle-aged Foreign Minister and twenty-something show girl/stripper. She sold his sms to a tabloid and today, after two weeks from the beginning of this scandal this tabloid's publication hit the stands with 25 of the 200 sms. They were rounchy and dirty and the Foreign Minister was made to leave his position earlier today.

When she told that she was having an sms affair with the Foreign Minister, he immediatelly denied it and told the media the messages were work related and there were nothing sexual about them, or like he put it there was nothing involving the nether regions in them. This wouldn't be such a big deal IF the minister hadn't send those messages from his work mobile and after the matter came to light hadn't lied to the people about the manner of the messages. The minister also has a fiancee.

When does the politicians realize that everything done in dark will eventually come to light. And covering up the scandal doesn't help a bit, it only makes things worse in the public eye. If he just had admitted on having a rounchy sms affair with this women and had regret it, this whole incident would've been forgotten. But when you start covering it up it only leads to the result that you originally wanted to avoid.

This type of scandals also tend to decrease the publics trust to the goverment. If you get elected you don't need to stop living but you should still have enough consideration about how your acts affects on the government and the trust. As a politician you don't need to become a monk/nun and stop having a healthy sex life but you should consider with whom you have it and the way you have it. This wouldn't even be a matter if he hadn't send those sms' from his own mobile and lied about it afterwards. If that had been the case the woman would have been labeled as gold digger and the only person he had to explain would had been his fiancee.

The public, especially in Finland, accepts a lot from the politicians if after a mistake they apologies their acts and come clean without any covering up. Usually, as long as they act humble in front of the people is enough for us to forget it. But of course this depends on what they have done. Eg. Max Mosley, okey, he is not a politician but damn close to it, was caught on tape having a sexual act which included nazi and consentration camp props. If a politician gets caught in this kind of act he will be immeaditely fired and will lose his face for a long period of time. Also it debends on what country it happens. In muslim countries you could even loose your life when for example in Russia you woudl just have more credibility.

I understand that they have all the rights to have a private life of their own but what I can't understand is that some of them act as they are above the laws, norms and restrictions. If I had a mobile from my work and I sent sex messages to some low life and the employee would find out about it, I'm pretty sure no explanations or apologies would work. I don't also understand that when the boat is sinking, so to speak, everybody is clinking on it and telling it wont sink as long as we lie to everybody that it isn't sinking and when it finally sinks everybody leaves the boat. If the boat is sinking you leave it immeaditelly because there's nothing you can do. You just need to be humble and realize that there's no way you can leave the ship without thouching the water. You can't escape the scandal if you don't admit anything and keep denying everything.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. NYC has a new Governor and he came out with all his infidelities and drug use before he even got down to business. Even his wife had an affair. Everyone was all for having a Blind and Black Governor. Could you imagine if we all found out about his wrong doings after years of having him in office? He would have been crucified. They would have made fun of him, called him a cheater, and take away all he worked hard for. Not only because he was doing something bad because after all a crime of passion is still a crime. It doesn't matter if someone dies or if someone is using tax dollars to pay for getting spanked and ridden like a pony. And his wife? If it came out that she cheated on him years from now instead of weeks ago...she would have branded a whore. And it doesn't help that she's black as well. People are going to think "You can take the hood rat out of the hood...but you can't take the hood out of the hood rat." She won't be viewed as a respectable woman anymore. And not even a respectable woman...but a respectable black woman. Society likes to point fingers. We forget that the people we put into office are still people and these officials we appointed to lead us are forgetting it too. How high must the pedestal be before even a simple human mistake is taken with such reaction? God forbid we find out they eat, drink, sleep, and take a shit like everyone else.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This quiz erroneously assumes that I had any trust in politics to being with.

I really don't give a shit about what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. For me it only becomes an issue when there is hypocrisy involved (e. g., a conservative politician who is trying to legislate our sex lives gets caught in some compromising situation) or if there is misuse of funds involved.

Alternate Spideygal wrote:
And it doesn't help that she's black as well. People are going to think "You can take the hood rat out of the hood...but you can't take the hood out of the hood rat."

Huh? I really doubt that people will think that. It's more likely that they perceive business as usual among politicians. Is there is some stereotype about black women cheating on their husbands that I don't know about?
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Blaster - I don't really give a shit about what a politician does with their own time, unless, as he says, they're hypocritical, or if it interferes with their ability to do their job. Today is a very fine day in Irish politics (depending on your party alliegance, I guess), because our Taoiseach (prime minister) resigned today after a tribunal uncovered a load of bribe taking etc back when he was Minister for Finance. Corruption of that type is a different matter entirely from dressing up like a schoolgirl in the evenings and getting spanked around the bedroom.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Ipsa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
Taoiseach

Out of curiosity, how is that even pronounced?
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I guess it would be something like Thee-shuck. Almost.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: