Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
AvP2!
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen the new AVP:2 and GOD DAMN the new Predator was one of the hottest thing I have ever seen in a while. I mean he looked totally bad ass. You best believe I had some nice dreams about him last night. Wink

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ProtonEmission

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who was mrs. Utani at the end of the movie? I can't figure it out.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually she's called Ms. Yutani.

If you watched Aliens you would know all about the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yutani

There.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still.... it kinda feels wrong that the Yutani Corp already exists.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Frost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it. I liked it very, very much but I have some problems with it. It was too short and paced oddly and it started off too quickly and ended unbelievably unsatisfyingly. Spoiler:
Obviously, I find the whole predalien thing irritating and to top it off, what the hell is with that impregnating thing it did? I thought the way the kids girlfriend dies was very out of nowhere. Anyone else think she was a little too important of a character to just kill like a red shirt?

But thats it. I have no other complaints. The predators and aliens looked excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even more than the first one.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Azrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
But Frost you've got to admit, that was a pretty cool death.

Well, yes, I did like the movie, too. But I still expected much more out of it. Oh well, I guess it was over-hyped through my eyes. But hey, they promise AvP3 will be set in the future, back to its roots. Very Happy

Married to SpideyGirl.
Twistys

Location: Finnland, I think. Not sure... Is that a Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVP3 back to future. Starring Michael Alien Fox and ChristoPred Lloyd.

Tonight is the movies premiere in here. I am tempted to go and see it but I'm quite uncertain about one scene. Those of you who have seen it please do tell me
Spoiler:
is there some infamous maternity ward scene? Just read about it on a review. It's just quite too disturbing thought.
?
Smiley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go catch the 2pm show here in just a bit. I love being able to walk to my local theater. It's only four minutes from apartment.
DarthDidious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost wrote:
Spoiler:
Obviously, I find the whole predalien thing irritating and to top it off, what the hell is with that impregnating thing it did? I thought the way the kids girlfriend dies was very out of nowhere. Anyone else think she was a little too important of a character to just kill like a red shirt?

I guess I ought to hide my response to this as well.

Spoiler:
Yea, that predalien impregnantion scene was a little over the top I think. From my point of view the directors (or who ever came up with the idea) were just trying to add some shock-value to the movie, kind of like what the original Alien had with the chestburster scene. But this was just stupid.

And the girlfriend getting offed so suddenly? There wasn't nearly enough character development in that movie for you to even care when anybody dies, let alone that girl. Actually I thought that was probably the neatest scene in the movie. Me and my brother laughed out loud when it happened. But that's also one of my biggest gripes about the movie. They give me absolutely no reason to give a shit about any of these characters and they end up just being an irritating nuisance in the movie, so the faster they get offed the better.

DarthDidious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twistys wrote:
AVP3 back to future. Starring Michael Alien Fox and ChristoPred Lloyd.

Tonight is the movies premiere in here. I am tempted to go and see it but I'm quite uncertain about one scene. Those of you who have seen it please do tell me
Spoiler:
is there some infamous maternity ward scene? Just read about it on a review. It's just quite too disturbing thought.
?

Spoiler:
yes there is

Azrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought about this; Spoiler:
How the hell did that kid survive after being impaled by the predalien? The tail went through his whole chest and everything, then he just walks it off.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Frost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
Spoiler:
But Frost you've got to admit, that was a pretty cool death.

Well, yes, I did like the movie, too. But I still expected much more out of it. Oh well, I guess it was over-hyped through my eyes. But hey, they promise AvP3 will be set in the future, back to its roots. Very Happy

Perhaps, but this movie was sort of a little dream of mine come true. Aliens infesting a human inhabited area on earth. I just wish it was done a little better.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray, it's coming to cinemas around Holland near the 16th!!!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
DarthDidious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
I also thought about this; Spoiler:
How the hell did that kid survive after being impaled by the predalien? The tail went through his whole chest and everything, then he just walks it off.

Spoiler:
Well I think it got him more in the shoulder, which I suppose is excuse enough in a movie. I was kinda baffled by that too though.

What was really funny was the part after where the four of them are making their way across the roof to the helicoptor (excuse me...CHOPPA!!!) and while the older brother helps the woman across the ducts, the younger brother, recently impaled by an alien, is forced to roll across them on his own. What a jerk of an older brother he has. That bit, like the bit where the girlfriend gets shurikened to the wall, made me laugh.

I like a funny movie, but I don't think they meant either of those scenes to be funny.

Geez, all this spoiler talk.

Smiley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
So many parallels between this movie and the original Predator and Alien movies.
1. A badass woman with a single surviving female child. (see Aliens)
2. Said badass chick drives the ATV and yells back to her passengers, "HOLD ON!" as she hits an obstacle.
3. A main character named Dallas. (see Alien)
4. "Get to the chopper!" (see Predator)
5. The drum-beat syncopation announcing the Predator's arrival. (see Predator)
6. The trophy room on the Predator ship with all the different skulls. (see Predator 2)

I found this movie to be extremely fun to watch. Good action. Needed to be longer. Needed more character development.
Azrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really needed more plot.

Spoiler:
The first AvP still had more references though, but mostly Alien references. "GET TO DA CHOPPA!" still beats "Get to the chopper!" any day.

Also the whole 'Oh man, the aliens are trying to escape, we can't let them spread, let's blow this place up' is starting to get dull now.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And better dialog.

Spoiler:
I mean Captain Obvious practically wrote the script! "People are dying! We need guns!" DUH. And the best one yet, "The government doesn't lie to people." It made the whole audience laugh. Oh and when the girl got shurikened into the wall, I stood up and clapped along with the rest of the audience. We were totally waiting for her to die. But after that wasn't it totally Bad-ass the way the Pred held his shoulder cannon like a gun? I damn near creamed my panties when I seen him do it. It gave me the most satisfying eyegasm I have ever had. It was so serious I had to hold my best friend's hand to keep my hormones in check and you best believe I damn near broke the poor thing.

This movie was made for people who like to scream at the movie screen. I laughed, rolled my eyes, and was totally giddy when the movie was over. I had a good time watching it.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Twistys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowza I'm Spidey-babe wrote:

This movie was made for people who like to scream at the movie screen. I laughed, rolled my eyes, and was totally giddy when the movie was over. I had a good time watching it.

Scream or cream? Freudian? Nou, I had a visual image about that... nevermind.

Yeah, umm. Maybe I go and watch it tomorrow. Tonight I can't because I'm going out with a friend who really doesn't appreciate my affection to these lethal weapons from outer space.

I have love-hate relationship with movies where it's difficult to put myself to the position of a charachter. It's like what's the point watching a movie when you couldn't care less about the charachters. On the other hand when some charachter is truly annoying I feel relief for their dead. My pleasure is in a straight correlation with the stubidity of the character. I hate stupid people...
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. The creaming part came after the movie when I went home. I a lot of time to myself.

But at a scary movie I tend to talk to the tv/movie screen. It's like "Bitch run!" or, "Oh you know he's about to die." I like to have fun at the movies. Also I'm rather talkative at movies. But that's only when I'm with friends. If I'm alone I'm quiet and after the movie I'll call up a friend to blab about the movie. My Mom is the same way. But instead of calling a friend she'll call me up.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Twistys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I feel like old perverted old man... Yeah, twice as old man as old man.

Very Happy When I watch a movie home alone I also tend to talk to them... Usually it is "don't go there, Are you idiot... Nice now you're dead, are you happy?" That's why my all time favorite movie theater film is the Rocky Horror Picture Show because you can interact in it. It's fun when everybody is throwing rice and such.

If anything of this doesn't make sense, blame the wine.
Forumgoer Unavailable

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
I dunno. I liked it. That Predator was cool, he was kinda like the John Wayne of Predators. Also, I cheered when the following people died: the popular girl, the little girl's father, the little boy who got facehugged, and the pregnant woman. It was just nice to see someone finally break the "horror movie rules". Ya know, childrens are innocent, the hawt girl always gets together with the nice nerd.

The predalien was cool, but unnessecary at times. I disliked how it was clouded in darkness all the time. Half the time it was on-screen, I couldn't see the damn thing. But I did shout "WOO! XENUT'JA!" every time it came on screen, much to the irritation of everyone sitting in the theatre. I'm such a annoying nerd.

Finally, I read somewhere that Ridley Scott was planning on making an Alien 5 at some point soon, having to do with the space jockeys, but because of the AVP series, has cancelled it. That really, really sucks. I'd prefer to see one last Alien film than any other AVP movie.

But now it will never happen. Ohh, snivel.
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
Have you guys noticed that the Predalien would approach female, and female only victims? With the exceptions of the Predators at the beginning. It would only really attack and impregnate the women but left the rest of the Aliens to slay the men. In fact whenever an Alien was about to headbite a women, the Predalien would storm in and whack the Alien away to save her for itself.

Married to SpideyGirl.
DarthDidious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
Spoiler:
Have you guys noticed that the Predalien would approach female, and female only victims? With the exceptions of the Predators at the beginning. It would only really attack and impregnate the women but left the rest of the Aliens to slay the men. In fact whenever an Alien was about to headbite a women, the Predalien would storm in and whack the Alien away to save her for itself.

Spoiler:
jealousy, perhaps?

Twistys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGRET wrote:

Finally, I read somewhere that Ridley Scott was planning on making an Alien 5 at some point soon, having to do with the space jockeys, but because of the AVP series, has cancelled it. That really, really sucks. I'd prefer to see one last Alien film than any other AVP movie.

But now it will never happen. Ohh, snivel.

Oh no... That would have been totally different movie than what we have used to get from the alien francising. It really would have been intresting to know what happened to those jockeys. Great way to bind the whole series together... And now it's not happening... perkele.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
THEY KILLED RICKETY CRICKET WTFF!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: