Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Favorite Member of the X-Men
    page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Well?
Professor X
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Wolverine
35%
 35%  [ 18 ]
Rogue
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Marvel Girl
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Cyclops
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nightcrawler
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Colossus
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Gambit
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Storm
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 51

RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Favorite Member of the X-Men Reply with quote

Well, given the apparent fan base, this particular thread seemed only appropriate. If anyone wants to start a villain thread, please by all means, do so--this'll be mostly be the movie X-Men so everyone can participate, with a few crowd favorites that haven't fully come into the film franchise just yet. Sadly, the poll won't let me enter everyone, so I had to cut folks like Shadowcat, Iceman, and Beast.

Personally, it's a tie between Wolverine, Beast, and Nightcrawler. Beast is just so darn smart, Wolverine kicks so much butt with the blades and is also super-old (even if not necessarily super-wise), and Nightcrawler can swashbuckle with his tail--how cool is that?!

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine rules.

Anybody who dare question that will feel my wrath!!! Well actually not... just felt like saying that... Rolling Eyes

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit!

Did he ever figure out a method by which to bone Rogue? That was such a cruel trick, to make the hottest chick untouchable.

And did anyone else think Halle Barry made a shitty Storm? She was all... short.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, what was the name of the chick with the Adamantium fingernails? She and Wolverine would've made a perfect couple...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was Lady Deathstrike. And you know that Wolverine's not likely to settle down anytime soon...

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well but I mean look at her... he can cut her up and she still lives... lol...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go gambit.
Wize

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
And did anyone else think Halle Barry made a shitty Storm? She was all... short.

Yes-I feel that was the effin' worst casting call ever. My personal pick would have been Angela Basset.

One good thing though---her contract for X3 is still being negotiated, so it is possible they may pick someone else.

And when the fuck are they going to introduce Gambit?!?!?! I'm seriously pissed about this. And he better have a fucking trenchcoat or I will fly to hollywood and begin the severe beatdown.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wize wrote:
One good thing though---her contract for X3 is still being negotiated, so it is possible they may pick someone else.

You think that's a good thing? I hate it when they make a sequel with a different cast. Like in Terminator 3, we see John Connor after Judgement Day. But we already saw him in T2 and there it was a different actor.
Ok, in the Matrix they had to, since the lady playing the Oracle died.
But what if they had a different Frodo in The Two Towers and yet another one in The Return of the King.
Flawed as she may be, I still hope Halle Berry will be playing Storm in X-Men 3...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Wize

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Wize wrote:

You think that's a good thing? I hate it when they make a sequel with a different cast. Like in Terminator 3, we see John Connor after Judgement Day. But we already saw him in T2 and there it was a different actor.
Ok, in the Matrix they had to, since the lady playing the Oracle died.
But what if they had a different Frodo in The Two Towers and yet another one in The Return of the King.
Flawed as she may be, I still hope Halle Berry will be playing Storm in X-Men 3...

Seriously-even though she can act I think I could play a better Storm. Storm is supposed to be this badass african chick who demands attention and is a natural born leader, not a hottie from DC with a white wig.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but still. When X-Men 3 comes out, you now she just ain't right, but it would be even more wrong if they had another actor.

I mean, just like XXX2 and 2 Fast 2 Furious... why the fuck didn't they have Vinnie play in it? I'm just glad they decided to have him play Riddick again in the Chronicles...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wize wrote:
Seriously-even though she can act I think I could play a better Storm.

I think Ru Paul could play a better Storm Laughing You're right about Halle, she really made Storm into a wuss and an attention hog. She's supposed to be wise, powerful, restrained and brilliant. And I'm pretty sure Halle will be back for the third movie, although there isn't any definitive news on that yet.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Isaac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is a tough call... well, when I was a kid everyone's first pick was Wolverine and so one kid got to pretend to be him and everyone else got screwed over with the other characters. However, now we know that his mutant power is just to heal himself, and not to have big claws and crap. Those blades would freaking hurt like crazy. And, Magnetto could just pick him up and throw him around like a rag doll.

Gambit and Beast are two of my favorites from the cartoon from when I was a little kid. They were truely missed in the movie.

But still, out of all of them Professor X has the sweetest power of all. He can do a ton of stuff just with his mind. In the movie, he even stopped time in the freaking crowded museum. He can talk to people with his mind and he can do all sorts of stuff. Everyone else's powers would be kewl to have, but Professor X is the true badass of the group, since he is like the most powerful of all.

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember after the first X-Men movie came out my cousin bought all the toys they sold of it. He even got the Professor X toy, and it was specifically designed so that its legs hung limply and he couldn't stand on them (like a rag doll). The only Gimp toy I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, Professor X CANNOT stop time. That was the point of the ice on the guy's face dripping and the point of the person on the other end of a cell phone asking what went wrong. Professor X's power in that particular case was freezing everyone's MIND at that point in time so that they didn't receive any input during the period of time that they were frozen--basically, a temporary coma. Just wanted to make that clear. Personally, I think Professor X is cool, but his power relies on the presence of other people to be remotely effective, and although this usually isn't a problem, he wouldn't stand up (if you'll excuse the expression) particularly well against a crew of Sentinels.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that. Didn't Professor X have telekenetic powers as well as telepathic? I don't think pitting him against a butt load of mindless atomotons would do much good if he could just pick 'em up and toss 'em around.
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InvaderJess wrote:
I don't know about that. Didn't Professor X have telekenetic powers as well as telepathic? I don't think pitting him against a butt load of mindless atomotons would do much good if he could just pick 'em up and toss 'em around.

I can't remember seeing that in the movie. Jean Grey is a telekinetic though... maybe the two of them should get kids Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't work like that. Kids of mutants with different powers don't get the sum of those powers.

Like, Cable is the son of Cyclops (optic blasts) and Madelyne Prior (no powers, but she's a clone of Jean Grey, who is a telekenetic and occasionaly a telepath). But Cable himself is only a minor telepath and has some telekenetic powers and he sure doesn't shoot optic blasts.

I think of this list, my favourite would be Nightcrawler. He's just so cool and charming. AND he's an acrobat!

For sure it's not Cyclops - his character is just too similar to my eldest brother's: always on a moral high (actually, he also reminds me of our current prime minister, which maybe Aramor could confirm)
Artemorra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why to use a poll? Wolwerine ofcourse! Very Happy
Damn he's a mean guy. Twisted Evil
power pervades me and lies
me low, but as the same time
a new strenght is born in
my soul."
-Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munan wrote:
No, it doesn't work like that. Kids of mutants with different powers don't get the sum of those powers.

Like, Cable is the son of Cyclops (optic blasts) and Madelyne Prior (no powers, but she's a clone of Jean Grey, who is a telekenetic and occasionaly a telepath). But Cable himself is only a minor telepath and has some telekenetic powers and he sure doesn't shoot optic blasts.

I think of this list, my favourite would be Nightcrawler. He's just so cool and charming. AND he's an acrobat!

For sure it's not Cyclops - his character is just too similar to my eldest brother's: always on a moral high (actually, he also reminds me of our current prime minister, which maybe Aramor could confirm)

Yeah well, I don't know that much about muties... I know Super Mutants are sterile... and they don't like Rocket Launcher... unless they are wielding them...

Anyhoo, yeah, Balkenellende is on a constant moral high I think...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
megas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think night crawler rules what i wouldnt give to have teliporting powers
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, in practice, wishing for teleportation powers starts to meddle with the messy issue of whether your clothes go with you (ditto for walking through walls). This is why I wish for either flight or gravity powers at a wishing well, they're more straightforward (hey, it's worth a shot).

And no, Professor X has absolutely NO telekinetic powers. Just telepathy/mind control. In the words of Patrick Stewart himself, he's a "brain on wheels."

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I wasn't talking about in the movie, I was thinking about the cartoon. I loved that show. Rogue and Gambit were my two favorite mutants.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super muties? Pffft. What're really nasty are those damn bounty hunters. I'll go up against a team of unarmored Super mutants with plasma rifles over a team of six bounty hunters with Gauss Rifles in powered armor any day. (Bounty hunters don't come after you unless you're evil... but it gets boring being good every single time anyway Twisted Evil )

Back to the topic, Gambit is easily the coolest. He's a pimp, a ladies' man.

He only loses points for being French.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crotchfire wrote:
Super muties? Pffft. What're really nasty are those damn bounty hunters. I'll go up against a team of unarmored Super mutants with plasma rifles over a team of six bounty hunters with Gauss Rifles in powered armor any day. (Bounty hunters don't come after you unless you're evil... but it gets boring being good every single time anyway Twisted Evil

I never said I had a problem with Super Muties. I just love the way they die. Cut 'em in half, turn them into goo, fry 'em, zap 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: