Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
inhumanity
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'cause everyone knows you go to the internet for advice on romance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. And the line in the supermarket.

cfos wrote:
I'd still make sure you know whether she is a veggie or a vegan before preparing.

I told her she should tell me if there's anything she doesn't eat. But anyway, she's Turkish and their regular food is meat with meat, so chances are small she's a vegetarian.

And a coffee-shop is hardly a place I'd take a girl to on a first date.

Anyway, Aramor, he means "ledikant". Native English speakers are phonetically challenged and therefore may think that's pronounced "ladycunt"

(^that's meant as a joke, not an insult Wink )
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And a coffee-shop is hardly a place I'd take a girl to on a first date."

Yet another cultural difference, mayhap? I think it is fairly common over here. I mean, coffee shops aren't necessarily loud, you can get a beverage, people-watch and have a conversation at a decent volume without having people bump into you or spill drinks on you do to crowd volume.

No offense taken. I will freely admit we often murder languages including our own.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
Anyway, Aramor, he means "ledikant". Native English speakers are phonetically challenged and therefore may think that's pronounced "ladycunt"

Hehe, now it's even more hilarious ^^

Anyway, just to get this straightened out... a coffee-shop in Holland is something else then a coffee-shop in... the rest of the world I guess.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster wrote:
Maybe she has a boyfriend already?

Congratulations. You win first prize.

Spoiler:
No, I'm kidding, actually, the dinner went really well. We did not need to go anywhere afterwards, finished two bottles of wine and talked until two in the morning, which was a bit troublesome, because I had to teach at 9 in the morning.

Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's nothing better than a hung-over teacher with butterflies in his stomach.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
So what would it mean in Poland if you'd invite a girl over to make dinner for her?

i'm afraid we are still in the "i'm macho i don't cook fetch me a beer bitch" stage, sorry.

cfos wrote:
You could find out if she likes Jazz and then suggest it as a night-cap.

and what if she likes Utah Jazz?

and it seems i missed most of the anticipation fun. damn busy life.
so you're meeting again or not?
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, certainly. On friday, for lunch.

Then she has to go to Turkey for 1,5 week and will be back four days before I go to Indonesia for a month Confused

So there will be much more anticipation fun to come...

Edit: no, we just had a cup of coffee together - she also works for the university, albeit for another faculty.
Here I'm confused though - how do you greet someone you've been... ahem, I think petting heavily is the right word...?

The normal two kisses on the cheek felt weird, but a kiss on the mouth was also not done...
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal wrote:
Munan wrote:
So what would it mean in Poland if you'd invite a girl over to make dinner for her?

i'm afraid we are still in the "i'm macho i don't cook fetch me a beer bitch" stage, sorry.

cfos wrote:
You could find out if she likes Jazz and then suggest it as a night-cap.

and what if she likes Utah Jazz?

and it seems i missed most of the anticipation fun. damn busy life.
so you're meeting again or not?

If she likes the Utah Jazz... I'd suggest marriage. Well, maybe that's rushing it. Check first if she can recite a World Championship Yankee lineup or can quote a simple verse from Vonnegut.
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
Yes, certainly. On friday, for lunch.

Then she has to go to Turkey for 1,5 week and will be back four days before I go to Indonesia for a month Confused

So there will be much more anticipation fun to come...

Edit: no, we just had a cup of coffee together - she also works for the university, albeit for another faculty.
Here I'm confused though - how do you greet someone you've been... ahem, I think petting heavily is the right word...?

The normal two kisses on the cheek felt weird, but a kiss on the mouth was also not done...

Hmmm... I'm confused by two things:

(1) Are there rules for comma placement with numbers? Americans are taught to use periods where it seems, Europeans (others) use commas. What are the "rules" for use of "." and "," in regard to numbers. Are there any?

(2) You shared a cup of coffee, huh? Interesting change of heart on having a cup of coffee... I thought that wasn't something on the agenda?

In answer to your question, I don't see what was wrong with the 2 cheek kisses -- you do realize that you may be more into her than she is into you...? Of course, if you both work at the University, perhaps you have no PDA rules for faculty. Most people don't appreciate that faculty may have a life outside of teaching students.
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
[(2) You shared a cup of coffee, huh? Interesting change of heart on having a cup of coffee... I thought that wasn't something on the agenda?

A coffeeshop was not on the agenda, coffee might very well be. As Aramor said, coffeshops are something different over here.

Quote:
In answer to your question, I don't see what was wrong with the 2 cheek kisses -- you do realize that you may be more into her than she is into you...?

On sunday, she actually pointed her finger at me and blurted out: "if you're not serious about this, then let's stop meeting each other here and now", so I think chances are small that that's the case.

I'm not saying two kisses were "wrong", it was just a bit weird, because we're in a sort of limbo now, not being girlfriend/boyfriend (in which case a kiss on the mouth or nothing at all would have been normal) because we both agreed on taking it very slow, but also beyond mere friends (i.e. two kisses) - there should be a greeting for that!

Quote:
Of course, if you both work at the University, perhaps you have no PDA rules for faculty. Most people don't appreciate that faculty may have a life outside of teaching students.

Yeah, but she's in the faculty of psychology and I'm in the faculty of arts, so that's almost like a different company. Anyway, my department is quite small, so all students sort of know about it by know, I guess (since everybody knows when they look at us/of course they do - it must be obvious!).
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
cfos wrote:
[(2) You shared a cup of coffee, huh? Interesting change of heart on having a cup of coffee... I thought that wasn't something on the agenda?

A coffeeshop was not on the agenda, coffee might very well be. As Aramor said, coffeshops are something different over here.

Quote:
In answer to your question, I don't see what was wrong with the 2 cheek kisses -- you do realize that you may be more into her than she is into you...?

On sunday, she actually pointed her finger at me and blurted out: "if you're not serious about this, then let's stop meeting each other here and now", so I think chances are small that that's the case.

I'm not saying two kisses were "wrong", it was just a bit weird, because we're in a sort of limbo now, not being girlfriend/boyfriend (in which case a kiss on the mouth or nothing at all would have been normal) because we both agreed on taking it very slow, but also beyond mere friends (i.e. two kisses) - there should be a greeting for that!

Quote:
Of course, if you both work at the University, perhaps you have no PDA rules for faculty. Most people don't appreciate that faculty may have a life outside of teaching students.

Yeah, but she's in the faculty of psychology and I'm in the faculty of arts, so that's almost like a different company. Anyway, my department is quite small, so all students sort of know about it by know, I guess (since everybody knows when they look at us/of course they do - it must be obvious!).

Good to know the coffee shop thing should I ever go looking for one over there.

Even after hear what she said, I still wouldn't bank on her being more into you. IMO, I think she is just setting the foundation of what to expect out of a relationship. I'm not doubting that she "likes" you, I just don't know if it qualifies as "like-likes" you. Not every woman is interested in a one-night stand; some are comfortable in relationships and don't know exactly how to act when not in one. Did she seem uncomfortable with the greeting? If she did, then maybe you are on the same page. Of course, again, IMO, I think starting new relationships are always weird. There is no familiarity and people don't know how to act because there is no definition for what "they" are.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:

Aramor probably knows...

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how that stuff works... mainly because half of the girls I know automatically give me a kiss on the mouth when we greet. Some like 3 on the cheeks and then one on the mouth. With some it's just some heavy hugging. It's like totally random.

I even played tonsil hockey with a girl for a cigarette.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arm Romeo wrote:
I have no idea how that stuff works... mainly because half of the girls I know automatically give me a kiss on the mouth when we greet. Some like 3 on the cheeks and then one on the mouth. With some it's just some heavy hugging. It's like totally random.

is this random with all the guys you kiss too?
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Aramor. You're quite the whore aren't you?

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal wrote:
is this random with all the guys you kiss too?

Well, most guys I just greet with a hug. Actually, there's only one guy I give a kiss on the mouth as a greeting.

Spidey wrote:
Wow Aramor. You're quite the whore aren't you?

THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!

Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you made out with Captain Obvious for a pack of cigarettes as well?

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Captain Obvious is one of those people who have bad morning breath all day.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
I'm pretty sure Captain Obvious is one of those people who have bad morning breath all day.

Probably depends on whether Aramor's been in there or not...

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: