Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
inhumanity
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: inhumanity Reply with quote

Saturday evening, after going to the opera, I met a girl.

We kissed.

We exchanged text messages.

Now she doesn't answer my text message inviting her for dinner.

I realise it doesn't mean a thing she hasn't answered yet (it's only three hours ago and for all I know, she doesn't use her mobile phone while working) but still...

IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Munan on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY?!

Why not answer immediately? Why this torture? Is it a woman thing to let men suffer a bit? Is it meant to make us meeker?

By now, my office has footprints on the walls and ceiling.
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANSWER HIM YOU INHUMAN BITCH!

i mean, i feel for you, man.
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
WHY?!

Why not answer immediately? Why this torture? Is it a woman thing to let men suffer a bit? Is it meant to make us meeker?

Sucks when you don't have "hand", doesn't it?

sorry.
Ipsa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
WHY?!

I was going to suggest that maybe it came on as too strong, but you did kiss. But maybe you surprised her and she didn't know how to react. That's how I react (surprised), because I'm not one of those girls that gets asked out often.

Maybe her phone's dead. Or she could just be mean. *shrug*

edit: It's cold and the heater in my apartment doesn't work right. For the first time in days, the room is just barely above 68F (20C).

Last edited by Ipsa on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Sal.

It certainly works, though.

Whereas yesterday, I would have told you I'm not sure about my feelings, whether I'm ready for a new relationship etc. etc., I am now utterly convinced that I am madly in love with this girl and that my life depends on her answering or not.

Also, did cfos just use the "Quote" function? Who would have ever thought we'd see that day...

Oh, and Ipsa, she took the initiative for the kissing.

If you don't mind, I go back to banging my head on my desk now.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cute. I wouldn't worry, she's probably just working. I mean, you more than likely nailed her with one of your smouldering off-camera looks and she was putty in your hands, right?

@ cfos. This is an important step, man.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
WHY?!

Damn, you are seriously losing some "stoic, wise moderator" points right now.

Be patient. If she doesn't respond, maybe try again later?

Maybe she has a boyfriend already?
MrCeleron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word back from that girl yet?

AKA Mordekainen
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for passing, cfos!

cfos wrote:
I do have to admit, I find it odd that Munan has gone all adolescent over a chick. She must be real purty.

I'm quite surprised myself. I never thought I would, actually, being the stoic wise moderator that I am.

But let me tell you that she's quite amazing. Also, she answered. She'd be "happy to have dinner" with me. Now I'm nervous about: asking her for dinner at my place and use my amazing cooking powers on her, or taking her out to what will have to be a cheap place, considering my current financial state.

Also, Ipsa, do you mean that you act surprised when a guy tries to kiss you or when he tries to ask you out.
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there really a choice? Have her over for dinner! It will be more impressive if you cook it yourself. Plus, you won't have to deal with that awkward "Do you want to go back to my place?" question.
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if she were a Dutch girl, I would not hesitate a moment and give her that four course sweet cuisinal extravaganza that I do so well.

But she comes from quite a conservative country, and I don't want to give her the wrong impression by inviting her over to my place on our second date already.

Edit: Why is google giving these ads?

Ads by Google wrote:
Do a Background Check of anyone that has contact with your Child.

Aurelyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got male friendship and liposuction up now... I guess it's picking up on your adolescent nerves and cfos' surgery. Heh.

Master Chainsaw wrote:

Simon_Says wrote:
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting the call back, Mu. I'm with Blaster on the home cookin'. American chicas would be impressed by that. Depending on the age and disposition of said lady, she might also be impressed that you have a cat (In my experience women that are 25+ feel that owning/caring for a pet demonstrates committment and future skills at parenting).

I am a little confused though regarding the "conservative" country remark -- Are you giving her enough credit? She must understand that she is in another country with different norms, etc. Likewise, if she seems odd about the quest, you could certainly explain how it isn't that uncommon or plead that restuarants wouldn't allow you the opportunity to get to know each other due to distractions, etc. Just don't show her your ladycunt (I'm told that word is "dutch" for "crib").
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's from Turkey. And yes, of course she's aware of that and she is actually very progressive - but sometimes you're not aware of what you should be aware of. What if "come over to my place to have dinner" in Turkey is code for "I want to show you my 'ladycunt'" (I have NO idea what that is suppose to mean)?

Since we kissed, she might expect me to have expectations that I don't necessarily have...

Anyway, I found the solution: I'll invite her over for dinner at my place and at the same time say: and after that we can go to a nice place with live jazz to have a drink or two.

I'm such a smooth player...

(bear in mind, by the way, that this is my first date in something like 12 years - it's not really weird that I'm a bit adolescent about it, right? - and that's another reason for putting this in the utter b.s. section...).

I was thinking about preparing Aurelyn's stew, but I think I'll settle for a four course dinner: stuffed mushrooms as an apetizer, then cornsoup, then a lovely cajun jambalaya and finish with dessert.

Anybody got any ideas for dessert?
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't every country conservative compared to Holland?
just a thought...
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would it mean in Poland if you'd invite a girl over to make dinner for her? The date is set for next tuesday, btw.
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if she's into jazz? Otherwise that could be the date equivalent of a sauna followed by an ice bath. Come over to my place for some dinner (trans. I'm gonna impress you with my culinary skills and new-mannishness so much that you mind me getting the leg over) and afterwards we can go somewhere for a drink and listen to some jazz (trans. Let's go somewhere where the music will be so boring that you'll drink quicker, thus providing me with a shortcut to getting the leg over later).

I really like jazz, btw, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Master Chainsaw wrote:

Simon_Says wrote:
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
What if "come over to my place to have dinner" in Turkey is code for "I want to show you my 'ladycunt'" (I have NO idea what that is suppose to mean)?

... then a lovely cajun jambalaya and finish with dessert.

I have some friends who have parents that are Dutch and they've mentioned a few words that I find funny in translation, ladycunt, being one of them which I was told was the word for a "crib". There was another word that meant "swollen" or something as my friend's grandmother made a comment that he had a dick(er?)head after having some teeth pulled.

Hopefully, she hasn't spent time in N'awlins or is a vegatarian. Jambalya isn't a fancy dish or anything. It's a basic spanish rice where you throw all the meat/seafood crap you have laying around and add spice(s). Zatarain's makes a fairly authentic Jambalya in a box for less than $2.

http://www.zatarains.com/

If it were me, I would take her out for ice cream (if you are concerned about the whole inviting-her-over-will-give-her-the-wrong-idea-thing). Like Aurelyn said, she might not be into Jazz and, not sure how you do it in your country, but I don't see watching a Jazz performance as an ideal setting for talking and getting to know one another. An ice cream (or whatever sort of dessert places y'all have) social would provide some comfort associated with being out and allow for you to continue to talk. You could find out if she likes Jazz and then suggest it as a night-cap.

As for your question pertaining to the appropriateness of your puppy-dog eyes and 12-year off the market streak... I'd hope you'd play down the adolescences as my guess is it doesn't play well coming from adults. My assumption is that she was attracted to you as you normally are. Of course, it all depends on what your expectations are.
Ipsa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Munan"]Also, Ipsa, do you mean that you act surprised when a guy tries to kiss you or when he tries to ask you out.[/quote]
The latter.

Munan wrote:

If you know how to make a cheesecake, do that! Unless she doesn't like cheesecake, in which case she's weird and you should make it anyways. Being a female, I like cfos' idea of going out for ice cream. But maybe it's too cold for that.

Though, with the menu you've suggested, I'd say something light and fruity or sweet and crunchy or a combination of both.
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Jambalya isn't a fancy dish or anything. It's a basic spanish rice where you throw all the meat/seafood crap you have laying around and add spice(s).

Yeah, I know what Jambalaya is, it happens to be one of my specialities, I learned it from an American girl when I was 18 and have made it my own in the following years. I have impressed quite a few people with it.

It's probably like the Indonesian nasi goreng (fried rice with chopped vegetables) - you're not going to impress any Indonesian with making that, but if you do it right in Holland, people tend to swoon over it.

Quote:
If it were me, I would take her out for ice cream

We don't have dessert places in Holland as far as I know. Dutch consider it weird to eat icecream out of the summer and the only places you could only eat dessert arem, like, McDonalds.

Quote:
As for your question pertaining to the appropriateness of your puppy-dog eyes and 12-year off the market streak... I'd hope you'd play down the adolescences as my guess is it doesn't play well coming from adults. My assumption is that she was attracted to you as you normally are. Of course, it all depends on what your expectations are.

Well, none, actually. I know this sound weird, considering all the above, but I'm not ready for a relationship and I don't want to sleep around, so...

Just friends, I guess, with a clear intention to get to know each other for maybe something more during the next months.
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
Just friends, I guess, with a clear intention to get to know each other for maybe something more during the next months.

That's a very reasonable plan. Good luck with that. Wink
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

The whole thing is set now, we rescheduled to tomorrow (!), I will cook dinner, we eat and then we go to catch a movie.

I have no idea why I'm telling you all about this. I am also doing it to colleagues, friends, my sports instructor and the man behind me in line at the supermarket.

But thanks for all the advise etc.
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Munan"]
Munan wrote:

Yeah, I know what Jambalaya is, it happens to be one of my specialities, I learned it from an American girl when I was 18 and have made it my own in the following years. I have impressed quite a few people with it. (1)

We don't have dessert places in Holland as far as I know. Dutch consider it weird to eat icecream out of the summer and the only places you could only eat dessert arem, like, McDonalds. (2)

Well, none, actually. I know this sound weird, considering all the above, but I'm not ready for a relationship and I don't want to sleep around, so...

Just friends, I guess, with a clear intention to get to know each other for maybe something more during the next months. (3)

(1) Well, to each their own. Obviously, there will always be differences based on customs. Having lived in New Orleans for 5 or so years, I just don't consider Jambalaya as anything that special, kinda like Red beans and Rice. Of course, good food is still good food whatever it is. I'd still make sure you know whether she is a veggie or a vegan before preparing.

(2) No dessert places at all (not just ice cream)? Huh. Back when I was in college, there was a great place in "college-town" (near Cornell, Ithaca NY) called Cafe Decadence. Wonderful place. In most other places I've lived they have either "Baskin Robbins", "Marble Slabs", local places or "Cold Stones". The wife is partial to "Cold Stone" as they mix ice cream flavors and toppings on, you guessed it, a slab and put in bowls or chocolate-covered cones. What about a coffee-shop? I suppose you could just go to a restuarant for dessert or would they not set you if you only ordered dessert. The only reason I suggest this as a possibility is that you would still have the opportunity to talk. Not sure how much time you'll get at a club, or a movie.

(3) Good luck.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, now I get it! Ladycunt... kutwijf... I think...

I believe French Toast in Dutch translates to English as "winding bitches"...

Razz

Oh yeah, Munan, good luck Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: