Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Why is there so much focus on gramma its alp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
u r awakened by my fart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Why is there so much focus on gramma its alp Reply with quote

NOW THAT URE AWAKE
this shouldnt be a site in wich a person should hav to write in a propper manner. this is a forum in wich we share muetral ideas of how we like alp not an english lesson with my 7th grade teacher. I think that people should be more focused on the talk not thier gramma. So people who come on this site just to show off thier gramma are on this forum for the wrong reason

p.s all spell mistakes where done on purpose

so yes if u reply please dont mock the gramma otherwise u are a sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad nerd who does nothing else but mock people because ure a loser
u r awakened by my fart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW THAT URE AWAKE
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u r awakened by my fart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now That Ure Awake
umm u r aloud to reply i mean this is to talk about how alp forums hav been turned into english lessons and people who dont think so must be the people that turn it into class

also Blaster as in the mod wat is 20 cc of gramma supposed to mean
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Why is there so much focus on gramma its alp Reply with quote

u r awakened by my fart wrote:
NOW THAT URE AWAKE
this shouldnt be a site in wich a person should hav to write in a propper manner. this is a forum in wich we share muetral ideas of how we like alp not an english lesson with my 7th grade teacher. I think that people should be more focused on the talk not thier gramma. So people who come on this site just to show off thier gramma are on this forum for the wrong reason

p.s all spell mistakes where done on purpose

so yes if u reply please dont mock the gramma otherwise u are a sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad nerd who does nothing else but mock people because ure a loser

Because most people here find it easier to write properly than to 'translate' what they're going to say into... whatever you want to call it.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?
a) It's more legible and easier on the eyes, and is not nearly as ambiguous.
b) Many users here know english only as a secondary language. Good spelling makes it easier for them to understand. Also, translators require proper spelling in order to function.
c) It doesn't make you look like an illiterate moron.
d) This is a forum, not a chat-room. You shouldn't rush with your posts.
e) If you're using firefox, you get a spell-checker installed already, so there's no reason not to use it.

Also, in each of your posts, at the top right corner, there should be something like this:
Use that instead of triple posting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you is the real question. If you're young then you'd naturally be too lazy to type out your posts correctly.

Me, I'm lazy, but I don't really have a reason to be.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, fully support this gesture. It's about time grampa got some due attention.
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ the author of this thread whose name I would rather not type: Are you deliberating being obnoxious, or are you just a product of the Whole Language movement?

It would seem that everyone else already explained the benefits of proper grammar, so I will not be redundant.

Do not expect replies immediately; this is no chat room.

"20 cc's of [blank], stat!" is a hackneyed expression used in various TV show which are set in hospitals. "20" is number in the Arabic numeral system which is here representing a physical quantity. "cc's" is an abbreviation for cubic centimeters, a unit of volume. "Of" is a preposition which can signify origin, close relation, membership, etc. "Stat" derives from the Latin word statim, and means "immediately" in a medical context.

So, my phrase could have been humorous, provided that a reader had sufficient familiarity with the context. I find that it is often better to make a joke than to directly call attention to the glaring deficiencies of an individual.

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
I, for one, fully support this gesture. It's about time grampa got some due attention.

Nice.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digit wins annual quote of the week award... again.
Blaster, A+.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now That Ure Awake

if gramma is so imortant how come Digitaaliklosetti wrote gamma as grampa and why are u mocking me this is stupid this is a forum to discuss none of u hav actually answered it fully. someone that english is a second language to them. now that is fair that they would write in proper sentences but he rest of u should be here to discuss not to mock.

also Blaster i asked wat it ment in the text of 20cc's of gramma. u start to blabber on like a moron not answering my question. If context is everything why is it something that u lack greatly. So instead of sounding stuck up and being annouying u could actually try to answer the actual question. u obviously didnt read the question it said 20cc's of gramma so ure rambling of the explanation to each word was useless. If ure going to be a know-it-all then at least answer the question fully. So next time u mock someone Blaster realise ure obviously no better. If im banned for this i think that it is unfair that the mod Blaster can give out his critisisim but cant take it back. So blaster when u wake up reply.
Also my name is a joke at least its not plain and boring. So as u said "So, my phrase could have been humorous, provided that a reader had sufficient familiarity with the context. I find that it is often better to make a joke than to directly call attention to the glaring deficiencies of an individual."

Thank u
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if gramma is so imortant how come Digitaaliklosetti wrote gamma as grampa

Think about it long and hard. Maybe you'll get it eventually.

someone that english is a second language to them. now that is fair that they would write in proper sentences but he rest of u should be here to discuss not to mock.

We have plenty of people on this forum for whom English is not their first language. They all write better than do you. I seriously think that it takes a sustained act of concentration and will to write as unintelligibly as you do.

I sure hope that "u r awakened by my fart" is the alter ego of some performance artist who is trying to make some kind of social statement.

As for all the rest of the crap that you said, somebody help me out here.
u r awakened by my fart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u r a sad sad sad person Blaster ok i got Digitaaliklosetti thing but u r still pathetic and read the other postes and u might actually gain an understanding of ure second quote. but dont despair ure pathetic comebacks is just to show how sad ure life must be blaster because u reckon that that coment was supposed to upset me, it just shows how much of a wimp u r. oh and the supposed crap i said was mearly the insults that u r 2 stupid to take on board. and i know u cant say anything back to them because they are all true
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside to everyone else: Now that this thread has been moved to a more appropriate place, I feel less guilty about responding. Perhaps I am bit of a masochist, but I suspect I will tire of this eventually.

Now, on to the fun:
1)My comebacks are not meant to upset you. Nay, they are intended to show you the error of your ways and inspire some kind of epiphany followed by an alteration of the tenets of your existence.

2)Wimp, eh? Well, I reckon I wasn't able to go to the gym this week, but I still have a good deal of confidence in my thews.

3)Stupid am I? Hm, I suppose that the University of Chicago just gives physics BAs to everyone, eh? And perhaps any idiot can earn a Masters in Teaching Mathematics (pending).

Hm, I suppose you have achieved a small victory; you persuaded me to respond to your claims in a quasi-serious manner. Perhaps my ego is my weak point.
u r awakened by my fart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yer ure actually not that bad blaster it is ure ego that is agrivating. e.g the post above shows ure incredibly large ego but its good that u can admit it
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we finally got some heated discussions between a giant moron and one of the forum residents...

PARTY TIME!!!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Sal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, allow me to take a shot at explaining the problem to the youngling.

dude, you don't have to write proper grammar and ortography if you don't want to. there's no law against it, you don't have to sign anything on registering here, no one's gonna ban you for writing like a 3-year-old (but you might get banned for ass-being, mind you).
similarly, you don't have to wear your underwear underneath your pants because there's no regulation that tells you to. you can wear it on your head if you feel like it and no one's gonna punish you or anything.
but don't blame people who wear it in a traditional manner to point fingers at you and laugh at you because to them you will look ridiculous, deal with it.

also, alp is us. we are the alp. if we wanna discuss the comic, we do. if we wanna spell grampa "grampa", we do. if we feel like writing proper english, we do. that's all there is to it. maybe you should simply look for a forum where members like to spell wrong, you'd feel more at home there. if you stay, you're most welcome, but don't go on bitching about the way this forum works because it wasn't all set up overnight.

thank you for your attention.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a sidenote, when are you gonna buy a new Shift key? Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
ONIKAGE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ai lawl`d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: