Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
HALO.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you excited?
Like fo'rizzle, my nizzle. (yes)
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Like ANY Halo movie would be good. ( no)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I'm tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Message
Bloo



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 3137
Location: vertigo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: HALO. Reply with quote

Fans got excited. Fans got scared. Then it it was scrapped.
Now, it's back on. Personelly I don't like the idea of a movie and the director's supposed to be a newcomer, but has huge experience in mini movie projects over the web or something like that. This movie has a 90% chance of being the worse movie ever made.





This may be old news but whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Keep on milkin' it! Milk it! Milk it! Milk it good!"
Simon_Says to Microsoft, regarding the Halo Cash Cow
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if Weta Workshop are involved, it can't be all bad...
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frost



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 2442
Location: The Realm of Suck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: HALO. Reply with quote

Blue Twinkies wrote:
Fans got excited. Fans got scared. Then it it was scrapped.
Now, it's back on. Personelly I don't like the idea of a movie and the director's supposed to be a newcomer, but has huge experience in mini movie projects over the web or something like that. This movie has a 90% chance of being the worse movie ever made.
This may be old news but whatever.


Quoting Mr. Luthor from Superman Returns...

WRONG!!

That's for the new Blomkamp short flick (that just came out). Remember Arms Race? Yah, that was number 1 (or maybe a trailer).

THE MOVE IS NOT BACK YET! Peter Jackson is still wanting to do it, and Bungie says it's okay as long as it's done right. The problem still is with the money. Someone needs to back them financially after Universal and Fox backed out.

And how in the fuck could this possibly be "the worst movie ever made". Tell me that...

1. Bungie has an ENORMOUS say in the making of it. Without said amount of say, we get movies like Doom.

2. Peter Jackson's Weta Workshop is doing the special effects, as Aurelyn wisely stated. The computer generated effects are probably being done by a mixture between Weta and the director. Neill Blomkamp is arguably the best cgi man in the world; able to take an incredibly small budget and churn out mind-blowingly convincing cgi effects.

3. Aforementioned Mr. Jackson was/is executive producer! He's got final say in most everything that goes into it.

Now I'm not trying to say this will be the best movie ever (but even if it is bad, it's gonna make so much money, it's just insane), however, I am just curious why everyone thinks it's going to be the worst movie ever...


P.s.- @ Simon: I get where you're coming from (Halo 3 the ride anyone? Gamer Fuel?) but still, Bungie is the one who wants to do the movie. Not Microsoft. In fact, Microsoft won't even back them financially.
_________________
You forget one thing: rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and
scissors cuts paper... Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and
bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HALO. Reply with quote

Frost, Lord of KaiserKold wrote:
1. Bungie has an ENORMOUS say in the making of it. Without said amount of say, we get movies like Doom.

That in fact could be the very death of the movie. Doom was supervised by id, very thoroughly. You know what happened. Yes, with Bungie riding shotgun the movie will probably at least aesthetically tie in to the core source and be consistent with what's been done. However, it would also mean that Microsoft will milk its pet franchise by proxy. Considering what Microsoft did with Vista, Office '07, and Halo 2 for PC, any expectations should be kept at a ridiculously low threshold despite whatever ridiculous amount of hype will surely pop up.

That is, will pop up if the production can actually go anywhere. Considering that the forecasted release date keeps lurching forward like Vista's had, I don't expect Peter Jackson or Neill Blomkamp to stop having to jump through corporate hoops any time in the foreseeable future. Even then, they'll have a ton of work ahead of them, in light of the fact that they don't appear to even have a cast signed up, and that a movie based on Halo would require an ungodly amount of CG. Also tell me of one good film that has suffered setbacks time and again that was worth the final product. There isn't any I can think of.

And that short, 'Arm's Race', proves my next point. There are good people heading the project with extensive histories as geniuses in their field, but they are not infallible and cannot save the film singlehandedly, as the frankly crappy short showed. It had par graphics, little imagination, and no 'halo' (sense of belonging in the world the film was based on) in it, despite what the two starry eyed legends are credited for in previous works. And does even Jackson have the ability to coordinate the film crew effectively when Bungie is going to be dipping its fingers?

And is having two geniuses working together really a good thing? One man's vision will likely conflict with the others. Lord of the Rings came across to me as primarily Peter Jackson's baby, and so did King Kong (I admittedly never seen any of Jackson's earlier works, and I'll try to rectify that asap). And I'm suspecting that Tetra Vaal, Alive in Joburg, and Tempbot were similarly Blomkamp's creations. We don't know if there are creative abrasions between these two. Yes, Spielburg and Lucas (before he went bat-shit crazy) made the best adventure series of all time in Indiana Jones but they were working on original material in a time before the internet. Since the 80's a lot has changed about what makes a blockbuster and what doesn't. Truly ambitious efforts appear to be far less common nowadays.

Even if it is going along and is set for an '08/'09 release, I bet they're just masking the info so that the Halo hype isn't diluted. Bungie and Microsoft are pushing Hmalo 3 into unbelievably deep marketing territory. If the hype is to be believed, Halo 3 will be the best thing ever since Rock. It will restructure civilization and forever change the fundamental nature of humanity. It will not only be the most awesome game of all time, but it will do your homework, pay your taxes, dish out free porn, and cure cancer while tap dancing in high heels. Basically, they're doing Halo 2 all over again, this time on acid. If I'm right, and if the Halo film is on a healthy development track, then we will be receiving a fire hose of news and information on the film either just before or shortly after Halo 3's release.

That bitch is going to surf Halo 3's wave, just as Halo Wars is now and the as-yet untitled Halo project will. And if history has taught us anything, that hype will kill the final results.

Moo. Moooo. Moooooooo. Moo! Mooo...

Also Twinkies, please link the images instead of posting them. They're deforming the borders pretty badly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Azrael



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 4810
Location: AWOL no more

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That damn "Untitled Halo Project" it annoys me so. If it's not a game what is it? An interactive Halo project, what the hell does that mean? I want to know... Mad
_________________
Only the strongest will survive.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frost



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 2442
Location: The Realm of Suck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: HALO. Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

That in fact could be the very death of the movie. Doom was supervised by id, very thoroughly.
Source please, because everything I've ever been able to gather out of it is to the contrary.
Quote:
You know what happened.
Ultimately, they made a decent movie, but it wasn't very true to the source material. So again, tell me how you know id had final say in everything.
Quote:
Considering what Microsoft did with Vista, Office '07, and Halo 2 for PC, any expectations should be kept at a ridiculously low threshold despite whatever ridiculous amount of hype will surely pop up.


Why are you comparing this to Microsoft products? This movie is not being made by Microsoft.

Quote:
Considering that the forecasted release date keeps lurching forward like Vista's had, I don't expect Peter Jackson or Neill Blomkamp to stop having to jump through corporate hoops any time in the foreseeable future.
The release date isn't jumping forward. The last official statement made by Jackson states that they are not currently in production. They have no money, how could they?

Quote:
Also tell me of one good film that has suffered setbacks time and again that was worth the final product. There isn't any I can think of.
Spiderman, but now I'm just being contrary...

Quote:
And that short, 'Arm's Race', proves my next point. There are good people heading the project with extensive histories as geniuses in their field, but they are not infallible and cannot save the film singlehandedly, as the frankly crappy short showed. It had par graphics, little imagination, and no 'halo' (sense of belonging in the world the film was based on) in it, despite what the two starry eyed legends are credited for in previous works. And does even Jackson have the ability to coordinate the film crew effectively when Bungie is going to be dipping its fingers?
Lottsa opinions in here... And if you haven't seen the new flick, watch it before you dis the cg. http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14287

Quote:
Even if it is going along and is set for an '08/'09 release, I bet they're just masking the info so that the Halo hype isn't diluted. Bungie and Microsoft are pushing Hmalo 3 into unbelievably deep marketing territory. If the hype is to be believed, Halo 3 will be the best thing ever since Rock. It will restructure civilization and forever change the fundamental nature of humanity. It will not only be the most awesome game of all time, but it will do your homework, pay your taxes, dish out free porn, and cure cancer while tap dancing in high heels. Basically, they're doing Halo 2 all over again, this time on acid. If I'm right, and if the Halo film is on a healthy development track, then we will be receiving a fire hose of news and information on the film either just before or shortly after Halo 3's release.
Again. The film is not in production.

Quote:
That bitch is going to surf Halo 3's wave, just as Halo Wars is now and the as-yet untitled Halo project will. And if history has taught us anything, that hype will kill the final results.
Because Halo 2, being heavily hyped, did so bad?
The only thing that hurt Halo 2 is the hype about certain things in the game (such as real time relfection, the mongoose, real time damage, different hogs...) that ended up not being in it. Bungie has been extremely careful about what info they release and when. You may have noticed that most of the hype didn't even begin until about a month before release? And in my opinion, Halo Wars looks absolutely fantastic. Well designed and true to Halo in feel and in universe.
_________________
You forget one thing: rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and
scissors cuts paper... Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and
bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bloo



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 3137
Location: vertigo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: HALO. Reply with quote

Frost, Lord of KaiserKold wrote:
And how in the fuck could this possibly be "the worst movie ever made". Tell me that...


Maybe not the worst, but you have to admit that most movies made from games are total bullshit. This time notice I said most. Doom wasn't horrible, Tomb Raider was awesome and Silent Hill actually did kind of good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Frost



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 2442
Location: The Realm of Suck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: HALO. Reply with quote

Blue Twinkies wrote:
Frost, Lord of KaiserKold wrote:
And how in the fuck could this possibly be "the worst movie ever made". Tell me that...


Maybe not the worst, but you have to admit that most movies made from games are total bullshit. This time notice I said most. Doom wasn't horrible, Tomb Raider was awesome and Silent Hill actually did kind of good.


True... This is ompletely unrelated, but did anyone else really love the first Mortal Kombat movie?
_________________
You forget one thing: rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and
scissors cuts paper... Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and
bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think stunningly average would be a better description of Tomb Raider...
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frost



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 2442
Location: The Realm of Suck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
I think stunningly average would be a better description of Tomb Raider...


Never saw it, actually, so I can't say.
_________________
You forget one thing: rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and
scissors cuts paper... Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and
bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group