Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Alien Lifecycle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippy666

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Alien Lifecycle Reply with quote

Excellent documentations and descriptions ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenomorph
the great Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool... I had no idea something like wikipedia would document this sort of thing.
My understanding, however, was that there were only stages of life for an alien/xenomorph: (my source is the special features section of the special edition collection of DVDs)
1. Egg
2. Facehugger
3. Chestburster
4. Adult alien

It also covered the very interesting subject of the alien skin. Notice that the aliens are white upon chestbursting, but onyx black at the adult stage? Thats because (once again, according to special features of DVDs) the alien bruises over the course of its life, quickly blackening. This accounts for a short lifespan, and thus the voracious killing and breeding cycle of the alien race.
The Great Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Regarding Xenomorph Survival In the Absence ofOtherLifeforms Reply with quote

I have wondered, how would the Aliens survive without a host species?
The problem, as I see it, stems from the reproductive method. The Aliens, as far as I know, seem to need some other species, with an orifice and a neck for the facehuggers to take advantage of to create drones/soldiers. How would they continue to exist without a host species?
Perhaps could a facehugger implant an alien of its own species to beget new life?
My theory is that alien life is cyclical, and that in the absence of a host species, they lie dormant, waiting for a host species. The aliens would live out their normal lifespan, and at the end of it, would die, and only the eggs would remain. Eggs, according to both the Wikipedia source above, and the original Alien film, have an incredibly long life span, allowing them to wait years or centuries for a host species with which to start over.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who dosent know the Alien lifecycle
akito

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alien lifecycle:

step 1. hatch
step 2. get killed by predator
step 3. go back to step 1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear that akito
JacKThERiPPeR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then... how did the Alien Mother became Alien Mother?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacKThERiPPeR wrote:

Chicken or the egg...

Unless it was some other species scientific experiment.
Mr. Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does a alien get born, in lamens terms:

1. Queen lays an egg with face-hugger in, that activates at the first sign of life.
2. face huggger hatches and impregnates something.
3. After a while, bones break and the Chest-burster pops out.
4. After a short period of time, the Chest burster grows to a drone/predalien/praetorian/dogg alien etc, depending on host.
5. After longer time, Alien becomes adult xenomorph (like abe in the comic) with indentations on the skull
6a. It is hunted by a predator, killed, ripped to pieces as a rite of passage, and sits collecting dust in a trophy cabinet.
6b. Alien kills predators over and over again 'til death.
6c. Alien breaks loose and tries to get to earth with mommie Alien queen.
7. At end of life, alien produces another egg with a super face-hugger in it.
8. Super face-hugger impregnates victim with an Alien queen embryo, or Alien lives on to grow into a queen.
9. Alien queen produces egg, and the cycle starts again.

life goes on,and on, and on, and on.....
im the 9001 drone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: alien predator lifecycle Reply with quote

here is my guess of lifecycle
1.egg
2.facehugger
3.chestburster
4.drone/predalien/runner/pretorian
5.colony
6.kill all intruders on lv426 includes predators/marines
7.go to predator planet <hide in their ships>.
8.build colony there.
9.conqure planet.
10.go to earth <hide in their ship>
11.do same thing like on predator planet.
12.destroy all who lives there.
13become the most fierce species in the galaxy. Twisted Evil
nicholas kang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the superfacehugger is created when the drone catches prey and coocoons it then it pricks it wit the tip of it tail and the prey slowly become the queen egg if u dont believe me u better watch alien 1 the directors cut and if u want the alien lifecycle u can also go to this[url] url p.s. it is created by someone deathdrop knows ask DD if u want the owners name im not givin it 2 u
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacKThERiPPeR wrote:

its simply:

a drone evolved to a praetorian. and after several thousands of years, it was big enough to stary laying eggs
and it is called a queen Razz not a "Alien mother"

did u know that all aliens are Female????

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know the xenomorphs and face huggers are sexless?

The queen does not need fertilization to produce offspring, so technically they are not female, and they do not fertilize the egg so they are not male.

Species with genders on earth require the male parent to fertilize the egg(s) of the female parent. Using combinations of different organisms genetic structure allows for a reletively wide variation between individuals of a species.

The xenomorph queens, requring no fertilization of the face hugger eggs, so by our definition, they do not have gender. We only refer to them as 'queens' or 'mothers' due to our earth-based mentality based on our own social references.

Ants, bees, naked mole rats, and other species with similiar organization structures are in fact, not completely female. Male individuals do exist within these species, though they are rare. These rare male individuals are often refered to as 'Kings'.

As we have no evidence that xenomorph 'kings' exist, we must conlude that the xenomorphs are completely sexless. Note that sexless (without gender) is not the same as being hermaphroditic (having both genders.)

Please also note that Abe is a member of a special sub-breed of xenomorph, where genders do exist, and that the majority of individuals are male apparently.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The queen, conciously or otherwise, lays eggs with huggers containing one of two specific embryos. The concept of a 'super hugger' as lain out in the 3rd alien movie is flawed, as you'll see there were actually two egg sacs. But since the queen can't lay without an ovipostor anyway, (Which takes time to re-grow if she becomes detatched) There's no point in debating that aspect. Smile

Drone huggers, like any zygote, take a certain measure of the host's genetic material whilst in the larval 'burster' stage, which is uniform regardless of host. The first mutation is the one which gives the distinction to the drone (IE, quadrupedal 'runner', bipedal 'warrior', hexapedal... well, they haven't entered into that yet. Smile )

Queen huggers are often referred to as having 'dorsal ridges' or spines down the dorsal line. Praetorian or royal guards do not have specific huggers, being instead 'supercharged' drones brought about by eating the genetic soup called 'royal jelly' from sacs in the queen's ovipostor.

A Queen mother is the only queen who can lay queen eggs, but that's a matter of conjecture considering all a queen mother is is the queen whose hive has become the dominant of the planet. Thus the genetic split between the two hives in Alien: Genocide.

As for how a hive reproduces without hosts, there is no need to. Like any other collective species, aliens have no sense of self preservation, the maintenance of the genetic line and the preservation of the queen/hive being of utmost importance. If the hosts become extinct, and the drones starve to death, the queen is capable of entering deep hibernation, and even if she dies, there are still at least two or three queen eggs awaiting hosts within the birthing chambers, and these can survive for an unmeasurable length of time.
Become one with the Goddess!

Aliens: The Female War
slippy666

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what have i started ..... lol
Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna here more about this pred queen and hive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: