Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Joost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Joost Reply with quote

What's the biggest threat to the cable and satellite TV corporations right now? The obvious answer is the internet.

YouTube is arguably un-gluing the eyes of the television drone from the tv set and giving people a new reason to get that high-speed broadband connection. Corporations like ComCast and Verizon have moved in and laid enough FiOs and copper wire to serve the earth as a belt dozens of time over in the United States, but now, even though the internet is their domain, another program comes along that threatens their monopolistic domination. TV channels like BET have signed up, and Viacom is on their side as well. Goodbye cable box and remote, hello Joost!

Right now Joost is in its infancy as a program, a beta, and still in its .8 version. However, despite its youth, the program is spot-on. It's brilliant, beautiful, glitch-less, and say goodbye to watching low-quality videos in a small window. In full window glory, there is only a slight hint of the polygonal effect that is the result of compression. Joost, although its not open to the public, is already here to stay. Just thank the Swedish and Danish creators of Skype and Kazaa, the crusaders for free stuff.

Pardon me for my manner of speaking, but I've just been viewing Fifth Gear for the past two hours and every word I think or speak is coming out British (or at least as far as I know, I probably sound like an idiot, like if Cristopher Walken were to do an impression of James Bond).
Bloo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Youtube. It's the only place I get to see everything ranging from hit-movies to funny home-videos. It's got HBO, food channel, A'sFHV, and Discovery all mixed into one great ass package.

Too bad I still watch TV for the bigger screen.

Hey wait... I just figured out that my TV can hook up to my computer acting as a monitor. Sweet.

If you say this thing is better than Youtube, then I can understand why it's not open to public. They want to torment us. Those assholes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: