Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Disappointment
    page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Disappointment Reply with quote

Ok, this whole section has devolved into some kind of online role-playing setting. I don't think I've seen a topic worthy of debate here in weeks. Sad
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should try starting one.....

Just a thought.
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me start something.

Personally, I think Alien: Resurrection was a nice movie. I have noticed there are some people here that don't... let the flame wars begin!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it as well. Call me sheltered, but I'm not sure I've heard any sort of well thought out or compelling argument from the other side of this fence.

How's that for fuel to your fire? Burn baby!
KittyKat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you not like ressurection the most out of the four? The acting, the plot, after all those many many years of waiting Im glad they didn't just cash in on the Alien name, infact Aliens 4 is a very good filom in its own right.

(Where do you want these canisters of napalm?)
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno , I knida didnt like it...it was a bit farfetched, didnt see another alien, too much bllah blah and drama between them and the queen who gets her jaw rip apart from the alien thing....a bit weird...
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heey..
if there aint nothing to talk about.....

why not start roleplaying... Razz

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot to like about Alien 4. The new Ripley is very badass, although I didn't care for the way she flirted with everybody. She was never overtly sexual before, which was one of her strong points, I thought. And I really don't get how they could get a clone of the xeno from cloning Ripley, they never made it clear how that worked. As I understand it, the xeno may take on attributes of its host, but it doesn't blend its DNA with that of its host, so that if a sample is taken from the host and cloned, then the xeno would not necessarily pop in there too.

Anyway, she's cool, the crazy doctor played by Brad Dourif is cool, the Hybrid is cool, and the xenos are cool. I also like the team of mercs pretty well, and at least, say it with me, it was rated R. There were some problems with Call, I thought, and the pacing is too slow sometimes (this is an action movie, after all, not a horror movie) but otherwise I find it very enjoyable. Good to see Ripley return home, even if she isn't really the same person.

*edit* And Blaster, I agree with you, I'm sick of all the rp-ing as well. I'm not telling people not to do it, but there are threads I don't bother with anymore because they've broken down into two or three posters trading blows. Eh. I prefer discussion. All the more reason to start more threads!

Still internet married to Tripper.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
There's a lot to like about Alien 4. The new Ripley is very badass, although I didn't care for the way she flirted with everybody. She was never overtly sexual before, which was one of her strong points, I thought. And I really don't get how they could get a clone of the xeno from cloning Ripley, they never made it clear how that worked. As I understand it, the xeno may take on attributes of its host, but it doesn't blend its DNA with that of its host, so that if a sample is taken from the host and cloned, then the xeno would not necessarily pop in there too.

Anyway, she's cool, the crazy doctor played by Brad Dourif is cool, the Hybrid is cool, and the xenos are cool. I also like the team of mercs pretty well, and at least, say it with me, it was rated R. There were some problems with Call, I thought, and the pacing is too slow sometimes (this is an action movie, after all, not a horror movie) but otherwise I find it very enjoyable. Good to see Ripley return home, even if she isn't really the same person.

*edit* And Blaster, I agree with you, I'm sick of all the rp-ing as well. I'm not telling people not to do it, but there are threads I don't bother with anymore because they've broken down into two or three posters trading blows. Eh. I prefer discussion. All the more reason to start more threads!

about the merc., the black dude, is in CSI!
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he plays Warrick Brown in CSI: Las Vegas. I don't really know his real name... but who cares... when my dad and I watch CSI we already call everybody by their first name... we are CSI nuts...

Anyhoo, the mercs we're really funny. Especially Johner. "I say we let the army guys deal with this... where the FUCK are the army guys!!!"

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
A1i3N

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien4 is great. The aliens in it look great. Kudos to Alec Gillis Jr. and Tom Woodruff their work is great. The only REALLY bad thing about that movie was the Freakin' newborn. That thing sucked it had man titties and a beer gut. And it killed Distephano. The best Alien movie was Aliens.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, why did Distephano had to die? It was so unfair. I was all like, dude... you rock... and then he got killed... stupid wannabe humanomorph...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my personal favorite is Aliens, then Alien, then Alien resurection, but the third...it was good, but maybe a bit too dark and not enough alien.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1i3N wrote:
That thing sucked it had man titties and a beer gut.

I think it was supposed to be a girl, but I'm not sure.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it was a little boy... but then again, thinking it's a girl would be way more kinky Wink I mean, it was kissing with Ripley... oh wait... isn't that incesteous? Thingy?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's kind of a creepy thought. Interspecies incest? *shudders* I think that would fall under "things that make ya go buuuhhh"

My favorite line from Aliens Res. was when ripley said "Now who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?" and Johner says "I can get you off. Maybe not the boat, but I can get ya off."

That was fricking great. I laughed my ass off.
amyltrer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i thought to a scenario for AvP 2. In fact , at are two.

FIRST ONE: Placed in the same time and space as the originally AvP.
The predator ship breakdown in Antarctica(because of the predalien((which was in fact a qeen)) and only few predators and the PAQ((predalienqeen)) survive (the old pred we've seen in AvP is one of them). They captured by F.B.I. ( i dunno how the hell F.B.I. gets there). They are brought in an secret , isolated millitary base in Nevada. A mediums psychologist (ia a she) manage to comunicate with the predators and gain their trust. The PAQ escape from it's cage and start to kill everything he met in his way.(damn xenos, they allways do that Evil or Very Mad ) The predators help humans (left alive) to regain the control(as if they had other option) The PAQ stars to lay eggs and so we have some nice predalien drones ( i want them to look like this) . It starts a bloodly battle between predalien team and predator+humans team.
I the end all the aliens get killd and predators too, except the old one and the human mediums. An HUUUGE predator ship comes and bring the old pred back home (with a fastuos ceremony)
THE END !

THE SECOND ONE : is like the first, except the action is placed in the future (about 2500) and humans have some advanced, interesting technology.

P.S. I know this is crap , so don't bother yourself telling me this
A1i3N

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see something in the jungle with aliens and preds. It'd be great to see a anaconda alien or monkey or something like that. then the wierd mutant alien goes one on one with a blooded pred. Aaand this thime there is way more Alien vs Predator. I also thing that the Pred should be more ninja like and the alien not as wierd thrashy aropund like when the pred knocked it down and all it did was thrash around in the steam.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amyltrer wrote:
Well, i thought to a scenario for AvP 2. In fact , at are two.

FIRST ONE: Placed in the same time and space as the originally AvP.
The predator ship breakdown in Antarctica(because of the predalien((which was in fact a qeen)) and only few predators and the PAQ((predalienqeen)) survive (the old pred we've seen in AvP is one of them). They captured by F.B.I. ( i dunno how the hell F.B.I. gets there). They are brought in an secret , isolated millitary base in Nevada. A mediums psychologist (ia a she) manage to comunicate with the predators and gain their trust. The PAQ escape from it's cage and start to kill everything he met in his way.(damn xenos, they allways do that Evil or Very Mad ) The predators help humans (left alive) to regain the control(as if they had other option) The PAQ stars to lay eggs and so we have some nice predalien drones ( i want them to look like this) . It starts a bloodly battle between predalien team and predator+humans team.
I the end all the aliens get killd and predators too, except the old one and the human mediums. An HUUUGE predator ship comes and bring the old pred back home (with a fastuos ceremony)
THE END !

THE SECOND ONE : is like the first, except the action is placed in the future (about 2500) and humans have some advanced, interesting technology.

P.S. I know this is crap , so don't bother yourself telling me this

I would love to see that first scenario as a movie actually.
A1i3N

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about going to 1904 when the last AvP would've happened. The humans wouldn't have had many weapons back then so they couldn't put up much of a fight so there would have to be more actual aliens vs predator going on
amyltrer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1i3N wrote:
Or how about going to 1904 when the last AvP would've happened. The humans wouldn't have had many weapons back then so they couldn't put up much of a fight so there would have to be more actual aliens vs predator going on

An AvP movie without (human) guns? That would be very boring! How do you want humans to fight with the preds? With oaths?
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had weapons in 1904... like... crappy weapons... but yet cool and vintage... thingy...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
amyltrer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
They had weapons in 1904... like... crappy weapons... but yet cool and vintage... thingy...

Oaths would do better than thoses weapons! But they could make an AvP movie placed in the ancient China. Something like Predator vs Samurai vs Alien....... you know......
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not a prehistoric setting... Alien versus Predator vs Caveman vs Sabertooth Tigey-Wigey...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
amyltrer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd think better , I'd like to see some preds hunting a Tyrannozaurus. But if I'D think even better , I'd like to see some Tyrannozaurus eating some preds.
Damn, I hate the preds!!!!!!!!!!1 Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: