Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Norwegian Military operations in Denmark!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Norwegian Military operations in Denmark! Reply with quote

vevlaa's weekend:

(13-15 oct 2006)

(All times are in the 24hour system. meaning 6:00PM is 18:00, 7:00PM is 19:00 etc. also 03:00 is 3:00AM etc)

This weekend I and the rest of the "HVU" (home guard for youth) went on a training mission to Denmark to get some combat EXP.

---
DAY 1 FRIDAY
---

(8:15)
We were 30 man strong setting out from Kristansand (Southern Norway) by ferry. a 4 and a half hours trip. I had not slept the night before, so most of the time, i slept. We had out gear stored in a container below deck.

(12:45)
When We arrived in Hirtshals (Northern Denmark) we were loaded into three Danish Army trucks, and sat there for an hour, doing nothing at all. Razz

(13:45-15:30)
When the trucks arrived at their destinations, we were unloaded, and we found ourselves in a camp. Here we were ordered to change to the standard Uniforms, and report for duty in an half hour. So we did. One hour later we found ourselves standing in three groups, Alpha, Bravo, and Charley. I got in Alpha. We got our weapons, a C8A1 +ammo, and a Smoke grenade. (click names to see image)

We fired some test rounds, and went to the mess to get some food. Here i got a surprise. This was ABSOLUTELY NOT like the food we usually eat in the army. We could choose from 5(!) different meals!

(16:00-21:00)
After the meal, we loaded the trucks again. this time for an half hour drive to a shooting field, where we used live ammunition. we used about 200 rounds each in only an hour..... :p

Later that evening, we packed our gear for a mission.
Alpha team orders: Locate enemy Bunker, Observe, and Note activity status.

we thought this was going to get easy... we couldn't be more wrong....

(21:00-05:00)

we boarded the trucks again, this time for "drop in enemy area" the drive was supposed to take an hour. (exactly how long it took, we don't know, because the entire Alpha team was at sleep in the trucks) we were dropped off, and found ourself standing in a pitch black area, watching as the truck turned around, and driving away. We had NO idea where we were.

Our Team leader, picked up a map, and started looking for possible spots we could be. After some interesting argues we came up with a LZ (Landing Zone) and a route to the target. it was ONLY 3 miles (1mile=10kilometers, 1kilometer=1000meters, 1meter=about 3 feet | 3ftx1000=3000ftx10=30 000ftx10=300 000feet!)

After the interesting walk in the dark, over hills, rivers, small lakes, swamps, farm fields filled with electric barbed wire, and highways, in 5degrees Celsius for 6 hours, with "enemy's" hunting us with light rockets; we finally found the enemy camp!

by this time we were hungry, cold and dehydrated. so we only used an hour observing. When we finished up, we walked for another hour to get to the new camp where we were going to get some food and sleep.

When we got there, we made camp, and got some food. it was still cold, so we quickly wrapped ourselves in our sleeping bags. Then we went to sleep. the time was now 05:00

while we slept, Team Bravo and Charlie arrived...

---
DAY 2 SATURDAY
---

(07:00- 15:00)

We awoke at the sound of an alarm. in under 5 minutes, all teams had gathered in battle formations, with loaded guns (not live ammunition off course)

We ran about 10meters (300ft) only to be met of a laughing officer, telling us to gear up, and form marching lines. So we did. minutes later we marched away. 200meters (you can multiply yourself now...... Razz ) further, we met a fence, topped with barbed wire. we were supposed to get over... NO PROBLEM! said the officer...

It took us at least 20minutes to get all men over the fence. from there, we marched on, for about an hour. then we rested for a hour, until a supply truck arrived. The time was now about 10:00

then the three teams split up. We got to rest another hour, while Bravo,and Charley went to other activity's.

at 11:00 we rotated, giving Charley team the one hour rest, while we moved to Team Bravos activity. when we arrived, we got quite a shock. We were going to swim! the temperature in the water was about 4 Degrees Celsius Let me just say: THATS FU*KING COLD!!!

After swimming, we moved on towards the next post. here we were met by ropes hanging from tree to tree... we were going to balance these ropes. one at the time... it gets quite heavy after some meters!

at 13:00 we all met at a field. Here we could relax, and just sleep if we wanted to. Hot chocolate were served, and we were happy. the temperature in the air was 18 degrees Celsius, the sun was up, and no clouds in the sky. we stayed here an hour before marching back towards the camp.

(15:00)

its grilling time!
we were served hot dogs, hamburgers, steak with potatoes ++
The Danish solders called it field rations.....?

crazy people!

(16:30)

The Gun's Arrive!
When we are done eating, a truck comes driving in. they unloads two AT4 and one MG42

Then the orders came:
Attack the Bunker and retrieve classified information
Team Alpha is going to support by heavy fire - (machine guns)
Team Bravo is going to invade the bunker and get the information
Team Charlie is going to cover the road to the north of the bunker

The assault begins at 19:00 until then we slept.

(19:00)

We marches out. Alpha team has been given the MG42. Team Charlie is given the two AT4s.

(19:15-21:45)

We march towards the enemy bunker. on the way, we are almost discovered by an enemy car using light rockets. Its dark and hard to see anything.

(21:45)

We arrive at the area where we were supposed to attack the Bunker from, and looked at the
Attack plan:

All three teams will approach at the same time.
Team Charlie takes the road to the right while Team Alpha and Bravo takes the left
Team Charlie marches around the area, and approaches their shooting site
Team Alpha takes on the path to their shooting area
Team bravo follows main road and prepares for invasion.

(22:15)

All teams are in position.

(22:20+)

Team Alpha opens fire against the bunker defenses, taking them out, meeting heavy resistance. when done, the alpha team leader blows a whistle, and the fire stops. The leader Blows again, and Team Bravo invades the Bunker, while Team Alpha moves Towards the road outside the Bunker, while defending south.

Meanwhile, Team Charley is being attacked from the north by cars. they fires AT4s, and moves the enemy on retreat.

When Team bravo comes out, they head north. while Team Alpha Pops Smoke grenades. to cover our trip to the north.

Under the entire trip, we are under threat by hidden Danish enemy's, but we took them all out.

10 minutes later, teams Alpha and Bravo meets up with team Charlie and moves on North towards extraction point:

We meet heavy resistance on the way, but we use the MG42 to force the enemy on retreat.

We run 1 kilometer to the Extraction point, still under attack by hidden forces, where 3 trucks are waiting for us.

(04:30)

We arrive at the camp we started from on Friday
we sleep until we are waked up by an officer, and is heading home, same way as we got there.

Pics:

Heres Team Alpha.
one person is not present at the time taking the picture,
the team leader is in the background to the right

------

I hope you enjoyed this little story about how the Norwegian millitary works Razz

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Spock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! You're the one in the very back, I think. Third one from the left. Am I right, am I right, huh huh huh?
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you got me ...... Razz

munan wrote:
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. Norway's invading.
barryscott-reincarnated=]

Location: the deepest circle of hell. plotting my cillit war on humanity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

now we know norways plans to invade uzbekistan and steal all theyre avp pr0n , all thanks to our mole on the inside

:O

but it made me feel witty and strong.

"guns dont kill people. people with mustaches kill people"
kiramuse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the MG42 a WWII era machine gun? Doesn't Norwegia have anything better than that?
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koko wrote:
Isn't the MG42 a WWII era machine gun? Doesn't Norwegia have anything better than that?

note, we were in denmark... they use the mg42 Razz

er are not allowed to bring our own weapons into denmark for some reason Razz

Norway uses a modified vesion of it....

also we have teh Barret (50cal antiviecle sniper rifle) The good ol`Karl Gustav Rocket laucher +++

munan wrote:
TirLittaN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
Holy shit. Norway's invading.

I think I have only one change to use my LMFAO!-card,
( reason because it sounds so dorky usually )
so i use it now and this LMFAO! comes from mama's hand!
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koko wrote:

What's better than an MG-42? The gun is like so übersexy!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If video-games have taught me anything, and anything video-games teach me I do, such as how to run-amok gangster style beating old women with crowbars and shooting down helicopters with rocket-launchers, it's that the MG-42 gets too hot to continue shooting after some prolonged trigger-pulling. What I always wondered about Day of Defeat (the game), was why there was no button to pee on the gun to cool it down. Who wouldn't want to see a first person view of digital urination?
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koko wrote:
If video-games have taught me anything, and anything video-games teach me I do, such as how to run-amok gangster style beating old women with crowbars and shooting down helicopters with rocket-launchers, it's that the MG-42 gets too hot to continue shooting after some prolonged trigger-pulling. What I always wondered about Day of Defeat (the game), was why there was no button to pee on the gun to cool it down. Who wouldn't want to see a first person view of digital urination?

In northern Norway, its ALLOT of snow, so macheneginners, always carry one or possibly two extra pipes.

Each pipe, is able yo fire 5000 rounds before it gets dangerously hot and need to be changed. That is easy, just pull a lever, and the pipe flys out. Then simply put the cold pine in, and close the lever. the old pipe is cooled by the snow...

thats how we use it ^^,

munan wrote:
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koko wrote:
Nag nag nag

I wasn't talking about if it's an effective gun. I just said it's übersexy!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Azrael

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your involved in military operations too? Sorry for being slow and not noticing.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: