Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Sundance 2k7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Sundance 2k7 Reply with quote

So, I finally found my God Street Wine cd and am importing it into iTunes and reading the local paper... Each day, they post the "seen at Sundance" and for the most part, it's actor/tresses. Anyway, every now and again, someone odd shows up in the list. Today's list:

1. Katherine Heigl (blond chick with the check that she won't cash from Grey's Anatomy. Surprisingly, the chicks from that show turn up in movies. The "main" Grey's chick was in Old School, Heigl was in something probably starring Adam Sandler or someone of similar caliber and the other chick (not the dwarf) was really good in Sideways)

2. Aaron Eckhart (guy from Thank you for Smoking -- great movie)

3. Eddie Murphy (looking for a new chick)

4. Roger Clemens. Why is Roger Clemens here? Shouldn't he be signing some contract with the Yankees after Robbie Cano agreed to take 'ole number 24?
Lilyiris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Clemens is there because he can be. I would be there if I could....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that there is that much this year (although I'd see Chasing Ghosts if I could muster any enthusiasm). All this hype surrounding Dakota Fanning and "Hounddog" is the big, big story. There doesn't appear to be a Little Miss Sunshine, this year. But who knows.
Lilyiris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos

I LOVE movies. I am talking big time love. I will see anything. And Dakota Fanning is great. Have you ever heard her speak about acting? Jeez, this kids is smarter than me and 15 years younger!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dakota does sound intelligent when she talks and she might be able to make it where others (e.g. Home Alone kid) didn't. Although, what's-his-name did write a book and was great in the movie "Saved!"
Lilyiris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Yeah, Dakota does sound intelligent when she talks and she might be able to make it where others (e.g. Home Alone kid) didn't. Although, what's-his-name did write a book and was great in the movie "Saved!"

Macally Culkin. (sp?) Have you seen Igby Goes Down? I think 2 Culkins are in that one... and the littlest Culkin is in Signs.. which i love!
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the kid! I think I knew the name but all I could think of was "Mac". I haven't seen that movie (Igby), nor some of Mac's other projects but am tempted to read his book. I have to disagree on the "Signs" front. I really didn't care for that movie. Then again, I was biased going in. I don't like River's brother, I don't much care for Mel and I thought the end was cheesy. I did recently see Lady in the Water, liked The Village, thought the Bruce Willis movie (Unbreakable) had a great concept that wasn't developed fully and thought the 6th sense (I may have forgotten the title to this one -- but it was the first with Bruce Willis and had the kid that crashed his Saturn... Halley?) was probably the best all-around. The problem M.Night has, is that people go into his movies thinking of the twists he does and it is difficult to appreciate his movies because of it. On another front, what's with Van Wilder and his side-kick? Are we now supposed to think of them as "serious actors" because of "The Nines" and an appearance on 24, respectively? It's like kids that watch Bill Murray in "Lost in Translation", "Broken Flowers" (I think that's the name) and movies like that will not know the stand-upish Bill Murray from Stripes. Thankfully, Van and side-kick continue to do comedies, but I don't know about Murray. Maybe he is too old.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Slipstream" will likely be the hit of this year's Sundance. Just my guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: