Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
2006 UTAH JAZZ
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: 2006 UTAH JAZZ Reply with quote

The Jazz won't beat Golden State, tonight. Heck of a start though, 12-2.
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested: Long road-trip ahead. The Jazz still have the best record in the NBA! Dee Brown made a shot! Woo hoo.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it you're a Utah Jazz fan? Terrible thing that happened to Stockton/Malone and co. back in the 90's. That combo is definitely in my top 5.
Sal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to my and Simon's posts here???
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So I take it you're a Utah Jazz fan? Terrible thing that happened to Stockton/Malone and co. back in the 90's. That combo is definitely in my top 5."

Agreed.

Yeah, I like the Jazz, but am not a big fan of the coach (although he is making strides by playing some rookies early in the year). I think they have a pretty good team this year and I think they should make the playoffs. Of course, Sir Charles made a very good comment when the Jazz lost to Kobe -- The Jazz lack a Kobe type of player -- you know, someone that can take over a game and be dominant. Sure, Boozer is a good player, an all-star even, but he isn't THAT kind of player.

"what happened to my and Simon's posts here???"

The posts I'm thinking of may have been moved to the utter bs section...? Not sure there have been many posts in this thread.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jazz put away the Clippers last night and still hold the best record in the NBA. Thank god the gigantic zit on Carlos Boozer's head was taken care of. Monday night's game was a showcase for that zit. Let me tell you, there are some unexpected pitfalls with HDTV. That zit was so freakin' large, my wife couldn't watch the game (she's one of those people that can't look away from someone with a zit -- she has this desire to pop them... on strangers; I don't get it). Anyway, there is a game this Friday (for those scoring at home). Go JAZZ!
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Arenas just dropped 60 points on the Lakers. He is muh hero!
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... I love it when the lakers (and/or Knicks) lose. I hate star-treatment. Kobe, Wade and Melo all get it. It's like, these people (and others) miss a shot and everyone is so shocked. Someone must have fouled them!
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was just horrible. After a flurry of 3s during overtime the Jazz went ahead against the 8 men of the knicks and forgot to play the last 2 seconds. Damn Marbury. No, better yet, damn the Jazz for thinking they won before the game was over.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI is now a Denver Nugget... All the fuckups go to and live in Colorado.
cfos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I read about AI going there. Or.. at least trying to get to Denver. Not sure the weather is cooperating. It will be interesting to see how mellow Melo is with AI. Both want the ball. AI is street while Melo punches and runs like a little girl.
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clippers got no love last night (they never do at Energy Solutions Area/Delta Center). Sure, Kamen got a haircut (I will miss the balding mullet) and Elton and Corey played well, but the Jazz are still rolling. Getting some good minutes from some rookies (Millsap has cooled some but Brewer is getting some good minutes) while Deron, Carlos and Memo are putting up all-star caliber numbers. Dee Brown is still having difficulty finding the bottom of the net and CJ needs more minutes to mature and build confidence, but they are definately showing what it takes to play in the league -- hustle. Go Jazz!
cfos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spurs put the beat-down on last night.... beat the jazz by 20+...DAMN!
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jazz almost didn't beat the "new-look" 76ers last night. Thank god for the second half.

Far be it for me to say, but I think the 76ers are going to be better without AI. The younger players are going to have a chance to develop and Andre Miller is going to be great for the team. Likewise, I hope Denver implodes.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Arenas, the new top dog in town. He's 8/8 from 35 feet away from the basket, and that's a lot of distance. Agent Zero hit a 35 footer against the bucks on Wednesday as the clock expired and started walking away before the shot even went in, he's just that good.
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arenas is definately putting up MVP numbers... However, I must say, when T-Mac is healthy, that guy can put on a clinic. When Houston played the Jazz last week, I think T-Mac had 13 points within the first 3 minutesof the game. Rafer Alston(sp?) also has some mad skills with the 3-ball. I
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the heart of me is a Knicks fan, but for the last few years they've been impossible to root for. I'm not afraid to root for a bad team, but what they are now is way beyond bad and into embarrassing. I'll root for 'em when they begin to show a TINY bit of promise - the kids Lee and Frye are promising, but the Marbury/Francis situation is just too depressing.

So actually I'm now a de facto Houston Rockets fan, all cuz Yao Ming is the man. It sucked when he went down with that fracture but it sure has been fun watching T-Mac just BLOW UP in his absence.

Arenas is a loon.
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had a roommate that had the "dunk" poster -- Starks over Jordan and going to college in NY... I can't ever root for the Knicks. Especially after the Jazz let Marbury make the lay-up recently...

I've lived outside of Houston for awhile and used to follow the Rockets and though the best seasons of the Rockets may have been during Hakeem's time... the Rockets are a team that look like they should be playoff bound every year (post Francis, his migraines and the headaches he's caused)... if... healthy. But, that seems to be the Rockets' problem. Houston just can't keep their players healthy. T-mac has recurring back problems much like the Mick had bad knees and could have stole I don't know how many bases if he was healthy... Yao was on fire prior to injury and a big-man than can shoot is nearly extinct in the league. It doesn't help that the Rockets are in the toughest division either, but they are definately a team deserving of respect.

Then again, if you think about it the game is changing -- you take Shaq and Yao out of the league there is a paucity of the "classic" center. A lot of teams have larger guards and 3 forwards and it seems to work. And then there are the "odd" men -- The Earl Boykins. That guy can't be a hair over 5'5" and boy can he play. Can't wait to see what happens after the all-star break.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past 3 out of 5 #1 picks in the draft have been tall players from outside the US, and I think generally from places in Europe and Eastern Europe. The game is definitely changing in many ways. My wizards have a high-powered offense, but our defense sucks too. We lack a dominant big man and even a dominant forward. Antoine Jamison was playing center last time I was the watching them play... Ha, still makes me laugh to think of scrawny Antoine posting up against another center because it was so ridiculous to watch. Scoring almost always from beyond the arc, close to it, or on free throws when the little man goes in and attracts a foul is the way the wizards and probably a lot of other teams score these days.

About the Knicks: at least their conference is the biggest joke in the NBA, so they can still pull it out if the team plays the way they did on Friday more often. Isiah Thomas has to make you somewhat optimistic too.
cfos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up an interesting point. With the influx of a great many players from European, Eastern European or elsewhere on the continent (i.e. Turkey) the game is indeed changing. The stereotypical big-man is becoming a forward. Take Dirk Nowitski (Germany). A 7 footer that can shoot. Man did he and the Mavs take it to the Jazz last night (although the Jazz did play well). How do you stop a 7 footer that is great with a jump shot? He towers over others and has enough acting chops to draw fouls. Tim Duncan (San Antonio) is another big man who would have played center, but is playing forward. Was that because he was playing with the Admiral when he first joined the team? The game has definately turned into a more offensive, faster-paced game. I'm not sure why there has been a decline in defense although I don't think your Wizards are alone in that category. Granted, I'm biased but AK-47 (Andrei Kirilenko) is one of the best defenders in the game that goes unrecognized for being defense-minded. I think he is the best player without the ball. Of course, there is something to be said for the time he got knocked in the face (recently) he reached toward his mouth, pulled out the tooth that cracked, threw it on the floor and wouldn't come out of the game. One of the refs picked up the tooth and brought it to the scorers table. Still not sure why the ref did that... maybe to just get it off the floor?
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* The 2006 Jazz are beginning to resemble the Jazz of the last three seasons. There is no 2 guard on the team that can prevent the big scoring. I haven't checked the stats, but I think the Jazz have allowed the most players to score 40+ in a single game. Granted, I worked yesterday so I only caught part of the last quarter, but Arenas score something like 48. Ray Allen (sp?) also lit of the Jazz for 50+ recently... D.Wade also got to take something like 17 free throws against the Jazz, too. Of course, the D.Wade thing brings up something that I can't stand -- star treatment. Some of the officials seem to think:

"Oh my, D. Wade just missed... that can't be... he must have been fouled. I should blow my whistle!"

There are a few, in my opinion, players that get this kide of star treatment -- generally people that are known by either a single name or some catchy nickname: Kobe, D. Wade (As an aside... I'm wondering did all this abbreviating the first name and combining begin with the coining of "JLo?") and AI come to mind. They are very good and often draw fouls due to keen acting or preferential star treatment. Unfortunately, there are several like-caliber players that don't get this treatment -- KJ, Dirk Nowitski, rookies.

Getting back to the Jazz, they are still in playoff contention, but it will be interesting to see if there are any trades. Chris Webber has signed with the pistons and there only seems to be middle tier players available.

Any thoughts on other teams?
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, the Jazz broke up their four game skid by beating Detroit last night. I'm not sure why, but it seems to me that there are some teams that can always beat another team -- regardless of the sport. The Jazz seem to do exceedingly well against Detroit and Detroit is a very good basketball team. I think the Jazz may have won the last 5/6 games. On the other hand, I forget which team, but there is a team that the Jazz haven't beaten (on the other team's home court) for... like... 7 consecutive years. During the playoffs ("American" football), the Patriots usually have the Colts number and typically win when the two face off making the upcoming game interesting. Not sure why this happens... granted, this is only a few examples, but I do think it is an interesting phenomenon. Why is it so hard for some teams to win (or lose) when playing a specific team?
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jazz are continuing to push towards th playoffs. They handedly beat back KJ and the wolves for another victory last night. It also looked as though AI and Mellopunchbetter got along last night on the way to a victory (That's Denver for the nicknamed-challenged). Of course, everyone gets along when you win. I'm not sure how long it will last or what Furious George will do if it comes down to these guys not getting along...
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real heartbreaker last night... Memphis beat the Jazz in overtime. It looked as if the Jazz were going to send it to double overtime, but the Griz made a bucket with about 8 seconds left. Also, I think that Pau Gasol is the ugliest B-ball player. He currently wants out of Memphis and could be the best forward "available" befor the trade deadline. Not sure if he'll stay or go, but that guy is yet another big man with some serious skills (looks aside).
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Arenas is finally getting more press attention, but still not enough.

Sorry, I don't know much about the Jazz nor does the team interest me. But they are going to play against each other in March. The last time my team and your team played was on this January 15th. Oh yeah, the Wiz won!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: