Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
An issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you care about Britney Spears and Kevin Federline breaking up, or Global Warming?
Kevin Federline and Britney Spears
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Global Warming
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

Spock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: An issue Reply with quote

-----(major edit)------

It seems that the more I look around, I see that stories about celebrities breaking up and adopting children "illegally" are more important than anything else.

This issue sickens me, and I wish that the media could care about more pressing matters, like the threat of Global Warming and harmful solar radiation giving us skin cancer, or hundreds of thousands who die of starvation each year, instead of Kevin Federline and Britney Spears' divorce. I just thought I would post my opinion on this obviously ridiculous and appaling matter.

Also, giving to the general public and those in need is something everyone must do. It's true, ridiculously rich people most of the time will spend time and money on those in need, and just a few weeks later, make all that money back and never have to think about it again. But if everyone gave just a little, then we could all live in a better place.

Lots of rich companies give money to charities, but where does that money really go? Issues in Africa, especially years ago when food was sent to a starving nation, to make a difference, they never received that food. Instead, their government intercepted the food boats, bribed the people on those boats, and took the food for themselves, allowing their citizens to starve.

Every charitable organization is different, some are honest, others may receive a 500 million dollar check to build a nice home for the homeless, and keep a large percentage of it for themselves, leaving just a run down building.

If the media concentrated their time on these pressing issues, then the American public wouldn't be somewhat blind to what is happening overseas in the Developing Countries who need help, or the homeless and starving who need food and shelter.

I'm sure that Britney Spears will get over her stupid self, and move on, but unfortunately, the media won't, and will still keep pestering her for information on her life, and those paparazzi shows that make so much money will still be able to live in their expensive homes, buying twenty Corvettes and never even touch them, have forty different HD TV sets and never watch them, and have sixty different rooms decorated with ornate pictures of great value, but only use three. They'll survive, while the unlucky ones don't, and continue to suffer.

Even as I sit here at my computer, I see so many things that we all take for granted, that poor families would happily take in a heartbeat. The cold medicine we take every winter, the schoolbooks that if the children were taught to read, would provide invaluable information that could better their lives, and even a simple sandwich that comes in a box from a fast food restaurant that millions of Americans eat each day, would be a feast to those who need it. To put it simply, most Americans live a cozy life in their heated homes, while others are sleeping in the street.

I remember during the summer seeing a homeless man sitting on a bench outside a CVS Pharmacy. My mother and I were going to visit my sister at her house. My mother was in the store, getting some medicine for my baby nephew, and I was enjoying a nice cold soda in the summer heat. One of the employees brought out two waters for the man, and he was greatful. The next thing that happened, made me want to jump out of the car and beat the manager within and inch of his life. The manager came out of the store just as the employee walked back in. He started yelling at the homeless man who was sitting on the bench. I quote him:

"You can't sit here unless you are going to buy something from the store, not that someone like you has enough money."

The homeless man, outraged, said, "Why would you have a fu**ing bench out here if people can't sit in it? It's hot out here!"

And it was hot. It was a 101 degree heat that Texas endures every summer.

The manager simply said, "We don't want your kind out here. Leave, or I'm calling the police."

At that moment I wanted to get out of the car and throw the manager right into the trashcan. However I didn't, and the homeless man had to walk to the school across the street and sit under a tree, as the manager stood in the shade, shooting a look of contempt at the homeless man, and walked back in.

A sad story of a person with too much power using it to shun people away from what they need.

And yes, about pollution, everywhere in the world needs some type of help with eliminating the greenhouse gasses that are destroying our o-zone layer. With President George Bush's propositions of not relying on foreign oil and instead using other methods of fuel that produce little or no harmful emissions, give the impression that he intends to go forward with this idea. However, with the recent elections and the Democrats taking power back, this threatens his plans. I know, George Bush may seem like a stupid monkey to some, but he does have smart ideas as far as the environment goes. I can't say that I agree with his take on our current war, but that's another issue.

Last edited by Spock on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ditched T.V. long ago because of crap like that. Local news now centers around Britney Spears and its redneck boyfriend's, as well as stupid dumbasses who tried to reinvigorate 10 year old fads. Also the 'news' that the mayor is completely full of shit. And that there'd be delays on whatever street. And that kids from Austria apparently can't run away when they're kidnapped.

Why oh why is Britney Spears more interesting than humanity's impending dooms and follies, I'll never know.

Ergo I watch BBC world News, because it's the only news I can get over here that is worth more than silicon boobies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know something, you're right. No more watching this crap news, from now on it's BBC all the way. At least they know what they're talking about and aren't preoccupied with morons who made millions. Thank you Simon, for pointing me in the right direction.
Dachande_E

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

Why oh why is Britney Spears more interesting than humanity's impending dooms and follies, I'll never know.

Ergo I watch BBC world News, because it's the only news I can get over here that is worth more than silicon boobies.

True true ...to some point though. Britney is more popular because people who are miserable can only feel better when they can indulge in the misery of others. Also, because she is a well known person who has all that most people wish for (fame, wealth and she basks in the spot-light)...so who gives a damn about some anynomous people straving across the world, when your idols or the very few on top of the piedistal of society, have jucy gossip circling them. If people didn't buy those albums, magazines and movies, these people wouldn't have a spot-light to stand in and those who whatch all those crappy reality shows are the ones fueling this supply and choices of programmes. Sad but true. I for one have certain principles regarding certain actors and musicians and I do not support them by buying albums or watch their movies because I don't agree with their life-style, since they are hurting others who are innoccent. You might say, so they are wealthy so what does my 10 dollar entrance fee going to matter...well, at least I KNOW that not one penny out of my 10 bucks is going support some crazy church or drug habit. So no more Whitney and no more Cruise/Travolta/Hawn etc.

When it comes to BBC...man you have to be careful with them too. Media is not really what it used to be and BBC and CNN are not always portraiting the truth either. It's a little washed and a little twisted and pretty soon not really comparable to the news on Euronews or local news media in other countries even if they talk about the same thing. I think one has to check different sources and then draw a sane conclusion. The same thing with newspapers. You have the ones supporting one political flank and then another one and when you skim through the issue...it's really quite tilted to one or the other side. Sad

Take care Smile
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, global warming. It's getting too hot here in Singapore. And it's not like anyone's inventing the portable refrigerator anytime soon.

And, couldn't agree more with you, Dachande_E.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dachande_E wrote:
When it comes to BBC...man you have to be careful with them too. Media is not really what it used to be and BBC and CNN are not always portraiting the truth either. It's a little washed and a little twisted and pretty soon not really comparable to the news on Euronews or local news media in other countries even if they talk about the same thing. I think one has to check different sources and then draw a sane conclusion. The same thing with newspapers. You have the ones supporting one political flank and then another one and when you skim through the issue...it's really quite tilted to one or the other side. Sad
The big news in my town was the that the mascot of a rival American-football team (which is a guy dressed up as a giant gopher or groundhog or something) wouldn't be allowed on the pitch during the game.
Also that a plan to curb global warming was developed but it would cost 1% of the world's GDP, and that the poorest nations would be most hard hit. Never mind that Microsoft, Wallmart, and Ikea could probably fund a quarter of that cost right then and there.

And I have checked around, and BBC World is the best I can get on my telly. Such as during the Lebanon-Israel crisis. That event could have had serious consequences on my own future if it went differently than it did. Instead on CTV they focused on how two WW1 geezers became friends, when they're probably so old they forgot they were on opposite sides.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Never mind that Microsoft, Wallmart, and Ikea could probably fund a quarter of that cost right then and there. "

Comments like this annoy me because of the complete lack of introspection. ... and what do you contribute? Where do you volunteer and to what organizations do you contibute (time or money)? "Microsoft" does plenty. I guess you have never heard of:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

Charity is not only for the wealthy or those with full time jobs.

If you want to solve the problems plaguing the world, everyone has to contribute -- including you.
Spock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. If everyone did their small part, then the world would probably be better. But I don't think Simon was saying that only the rich should give, that's what you are saying he said. He specifically said:

"Microsoft, Wallmart and Ikea could probably fund a quarter of that cost right then and there."

not that they are the only people who should contribute.
cfos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, but did he ask anyone else to do anything? Nope, just those three companies that all have specific charities they contribute to. I posted that you should ask yourself what (you) one contributes before you suggest it is the responsibility of others. What's more, who (besides, Simon, of course) is to say what charity is "more important" than any other? You want to protect the environment? Stop driving vehicles (SUVs in particular) and use public transportation -- something everyone can do today.

If you/he had gone to the Gates Foundation website I listed, you would see that the Gates Foundation has donated over $3.9 BILLION to charity within and outside the country. What's more, they continue to do good through charity and I'd be interested to see if you could find a more chariable organization. Granted, it is a shame they don't donate to the charities Simon designates as essential -- maybe he'll write them an email request, if it doesn't take too much time out of his busy day.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news said that "everyone would have to pay 1%". I was criticizing the fact that they didn't even give hint or mention that the people who had the most could, and really should, give the most. Big corps could easily survive losing 1% of their cash (especially compared to the possible losses incurred from rampant global warming) whilst people in Africa couldn't.

The distinction doesn't even need to be that fast. If I did my part to curb global warming, it would result in me losing my car, shifting to a small apartment, losing my computer, and seriously cutting down on books to read. Meanwhile Bill Gates could sign a fucking cheque for 530 million and forget about it the rest of his life, he'll reclaim it soon enough.

And of course charities, they're really helpful, considering that you would need ~160 Gates Foundations to cover that 1% of world GDP. And that's considering if all the money actually makes it's destination, and as any realistic man knows, a great deal of the 3.9 billion is simply ending up in someone's pocket.

I would gladly give 1% of my financial existence to the betterment of humanity. I would be strained sure but such a request is not unreasonable. What is unreasonable is that supercorp CEO's can get away with throwing away a million bucks and still afford a dozen Ferrari's which they'll never drive. They make more in a year than what a hundred people couldn't hope to achieve in theirs lifetimes. The millions weighing down their pants don't really go anywhere. And of course they always get special bonuses and tax exemptions because of their high status and power.

If the world village were 100 people, 10 of them would collectively own half the village. That's the situation that's going on right now, and a mere '1% from each person' is grossly inadequate to solve the situation.

Yes, I analyzed, I did my introspection, and all it boils down to is common sense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
- The thread has to start off with an actual column of, say, 3 paragraphs. It would of course be nice if you'd try to write your column so that it would be enjoyable to read. [...]

- Your column must deal with an issue (public, personal or whatever - even videogames can be a good topic) and not just a question ( e.g. "Chuck Norris or Jackie Chan?!"). This distinguishes it from the General B.S. forum, where general debates are also welcome.

Spock, your first post does not subscribe to the rules. However, it's a nice discussion, so why not edit your first post into an actual column, maybe taking into consideration what other people have said in this thread?

If not, I'll have to move this to General B.S.
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, it's Spock! wrote:
You know something, you're right. No more watching this crap news, from now on it's BBC all the way. At least they know what they're talking about and aren't preoccupied with morons who made millions. Thank you Simon, for pointing me in the right direction.

so you're saying you actually needed to make this topic and read Simon's post to decide not to listen to crappy news any more?
well, thank god you found Simon, then.
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, Simon, Simon, do you skip over the articles about big companies like Ford, Delta Airlines or others laying off people that number in the 1000s due to problems generating profits? What do you REALLY know about these companies that makes you so sure of your statements? How are their benefits (this is something important -- you'll one day realize, when you can no longer rely on the safety net of mommy and daddy) packages that they offer employees? Don't companies spend money training people? Provided quality of life? Scholarships? Leaves for children? Day-care even? What makes you think that these companies don't give? I mean, Bill has signed those checks you speak of to the tune of $3.9 billion (not sure if you know, but billion is more than million). As for what they spend their money on, you are missing something -- it is their money. Many of them (Bill Gates included) had to work hard to get anything out of life. Kids like you walk around thinking you know everything and have an entitlement syndrome -- the world owes you (and everyone else to a certain extent) something. Just like all those times you watch someone successful do something -- you say to yourself that, "anyone can do that!" But, until you make the sacrifices, donate time, effort or money, you are just like everyone else: waiting for the hard workers of the world to settle everything while you sit behind your computer generating images of pandas.

I would have never predicted that you would be a Republican (due to your concern about the environment) but you are preaching trickle-down economics (you may have to look that one up). While you are at it, why not consider what China should be doing about their contribution to pollution.

Why is it up to the wealthy to set the world right while the rest of us (not me) simply complain about the state of affairs? What do they owe you? What have you done for them? You don't even do anything for people in need, what are you doing for them?

As an aside, I sure hope that you wind up in a relationship with someone like this if only you can see what sort of time, money and stress goes into making a success. What sort of time away from family (or broken families) result from the kind of effort that it takes to make these companies and hold the glorified position that they hold.. and yet some of them still give generously. Sure there will be Enrons and WorldComs and the like, but what do these people owe to an ungrateful person like you (are you seeing the theme to this post?)?

And beyond that, for people like Gates who donates so much to a variety of causes, to be brought down as a pariah because he isn't doing more...? I'm sure he donates more in one year than about 5 generations of your family.

"If the world village were 100 people, 10 of them would collectively own half the village. That's the situation that's going on right now, and a mere '1% from each person' is grossly inadequate to solve the situation.

Yes, I analyzed, I did my introspection, and all it boils down to is common sense."

By the way, your math is wrong -- by over 100 fold in people and around 30% about the village:

http://www.cipa-apex.org/toomuch/articlenew2006/June26a.html

Do you actually analyze, research (introspection) as you say or just make this shit up?
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard something along these lines:

Number One News Story (for some time period)- Mel Gibson makes insulting remarks about Jews to a police officer

Number Two News Story (for same time period)- Hezbollah raid takes lives of 24 jews

Then the guy speaking said something like: If Mel Gibson had killed 20 jews, then this hierarchy of news would have been ok, but a celebrity making insults while he's drunk that tops a religion based attack on the news charts is one example of how the media feeds off sensationalism and an obsession with the lives of celebrities.

@ Simon- have some pride, it's Football, not American-Football. And soccer is soccer.

Plus, I don't care about global warming. . .

And, here we go again with the forum antics of someone who wants to preach his/her ideas while bitching about someone else's.
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! That was very well written, Spock.

One rich person that gets exceedingly on my nerves is Bono.

Why? Because he only supports causes that don't harm anybody. Against hunger? Well, everyone is against it. Against violence? Ditto.

But the moment he could raise his voice against something that really matters, viz. the war in iraq (either for it or against) he struck a deal with Tony Blair: I won't say a thing if you support my campaign for Africa.
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked it when Bono was more about The-Media-Control-Your-Lives than Let's-End-World-Hunger. he was wittier then.
incidentally, he also made good music back then, but this surely has nothing to do with my bias toward the older days

Koko wrote:

@ Simon- have some pride, it's Football, not American-Football. And soccer is soccer.

i'm pretty sure this will piss Simon off. and i can't wait.
cfos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And, here we go again with the forum antics of someone who wants to preach his/her ideas while bitching about someone else's."

LOL! I agree. I wish Simon would stop this nonsense. That way, I wouldn't have to post a rebuttal.

"@ Simon- have some pride, it's Football, not American-Football. And soccer is soccer. "

Yup. The only thing you should ever preface Football is "Fantasy". Can you even play fantasy soccer?
Spock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
Brilliant! That was very well written, Spock.

Thanks. I feel the topic is wayyy better now that it actually lasts longer than three sentences. LOL
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay cfos, you got me with super corps. You still have to account for governments, celebrities, sports players, and reality TV show producers.

Governments: Bush is pro-war, but anti-stem cell. North Korea is testing their nuclear weapons. My own government keeps boning us over and over with corruption, taxes, and NAFTA, which they just won't ditch despite it being a real ass-rape (Don't tell me it isn't, this subject I actually did research, and it is an ass-rape. For you too if you're in. It's your moeny they're wiping everyone else's ass with.). Many of the leaders of the world definitely got spare change I doubt they're really giving away.

Celebrities and Sportsmen: I wouldn't believe you if many of those people who's jobs are merely to entertain really deserve what they're keeping. Sure it must take a great deal of training to make it pro. Sure it takes a great deal of talent so that one's singing voice doesn't sound like a kitten underneath a car wheel. It still doesn't add up to diamond dresses and 5 hummers.

Reality TV Shows: C'mon you HAVE to agree with me on this one!

EDIT BY MUNAN: the discussion about the correct name for that silly game is split from this topic and moved to the sports section

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm not sure why I am supposed to to account for those other groups. I may not be understanding exactly where this thread is going, but here goes...

Government: I agree with what you say about Bush. I didn't vote for him, but he got elected and "thems the rules". I'm sure that there is a great deal that goes into politics and I don't know if anyone really knows his stance on a number of issues. I'm not trying to say he is smart or defend his actions. He is the President and that is the way the country works. Obviosuly, recent elections over here demonstrated a shift in political parties. Hopefully, for the better. I also agree with what you say about the other countries. I'm sure they have monies to spare if they would put aside corruption, wars over lands, weapons and good 'ole fashion repression. Having said that, there are a large number of groups that lobby for money and can't get it either. Take NIH (National Institutes of Health). For a number of institutes under the umbrella of NIH, the percent increase for research didn't keep pace with rising cost. Problem is, there are too many mouths and only one spoon. In the US, you've got citizens that lobby their local goverments, that in turn lobby state governments, that in turn lobby in DC and all the while these people that are in a position to have a voice heard have to get elected (re-elected) which means they have to cater to the largest population of voters and the issues that concern them in order for them to keep their job. This doesn't answer the question of the government(s) taking responsibility, it just demonstrates why certain issues are neglected.

Actors/celebraties: I do agree with you on this one, too. Truth be told, I wouldn't doubt that many of them donate to charities simply to offset their state/federal income taxes. However, some actually do good and some contribute a great deal of money (like Bill) and donate whatever their star-power is, to a cause that drums up additional support. Personally, I don't really understand the uproar over the recent batch of celebrity adoptions. Who cares if Madonna whats to adopt a baby. More power to her if she can help better a life!

Reality TV: I don't watch it. That's not ENTIRELY true. My wife watches American Idol (AI). Not sure if that qualifies. But, nonetheless, that is what a lot of people want to watch. Not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with what Nietzsche describes in his writings. Freddie talks about the "Will to Power". My interpretation of his work is that we all have a will. This "will" wants to exert power. When it comes to the famous, the will is in ecstasy if the famous (or powerful) are brought down (particularly so, if brought down by ourselves). And let's face it, the reason most of us watch AI is to see the crappy people or we reveal in the Simon-esque comments that make all the little girls cry. We don't want to see the "good" people, except for Taylor (2006) because he seemed to really enjoy dancing like a fool. I won't discuss this much because you don't seem to care for (American) football, but many in the states have been watching a specific wide receiver (position) who is simply known as TO (not "to" but TEE OH). Mostly because the guy is an asshole and you never really know what they guy is going to say, but also because you know he is a ticking time bomb and is going to start blaming others for his (or his teams) failures. Yeah, these people do make more money than the rest of us and probably could do a whole lot of good with it, but they don't. I can't argue and wouldn't want to defend their actions.

Not sure where I was going with this, so if this doesn't offer some form of explanation, please rephrase what it is I'm supposed to do and I'll give it a shot.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that would be my misunderstanding, I thought that you were criticizing my entire statement earlier, and I subsequently thought the topic merely narrowed down when we went into corps, when it was just focused on that one thing the entire time.

My bad.

So my entire statement was that the burden of fixing the world's problems should fall more heavily on those who have the most money and power to spare, and not equally so that the third world, which contributes comparatively little to global warming, could be run right through the ground. I really should have used more/different examples earlier.

Also:
cfos wrote:
Simon_Says wrote:
"If the world village were 100 people, 10 of them would collectively own half the village. That's the situation that's going on right now, and a mere '1% from each person' is grossly inadequate to solve the situation.
Yes, I analyzed, I did my introspection, and all it boils down to is common sense."
By the way, your math is wrong -- by over 100 fold in people and around 30% about the village: http://www.cipa-apex.org/toomuch/articlenew2006/June26a.html
Do you actually analyze, research (introspection) as you say or just make this shit up?
That shit I actually made up. No surprise someone used the same allegory before though.

LOL EASTER EGG!

Last edited by Simon_Says on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cfos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So my entire statement was that the burden of fixing the world's problems should fall more heavily on those who have the most money and power to spare, and not equally so that the third world, which contributes comparatively little to global warming, could be run right through the ground. I really should have used more/different examples earlier."

I completely agree with what you say above. What stoked the fires in me is the targeting of Bill. I can't say that I like the guy or some of his business practices, but I do respect that he is contributing back. Sure he can do more, especially with the Warren Buffet money, but it just came off as disrespectful to target him specifically. If you want to target people, target the people that pick up a cause only when it effects them -- like South Park's handling of the late Christopher Reeve.
CottonFluff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't do as much as I could for the wretched refuse of our teeming shores, or any other one for that matter. However:

What did we do for the fabulously wealthy? We put them there. Whether it was by consuming their products or buying their services, working for them, or whatever else, we are the ones who have built these empires that we now (perhaps far, far too late) decry.

If the five billion served decided to stay in and make pasta, or bring sandwiches to work for a month, what would happen to the fast food chains?

What could happen if that loss was turned towards a "good cause?"

We're all in this together. Asking the rich, powerful and/or famous to make the first step and even lead by example doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me; as it's already been pointed out, they can make a greater difference than we can, financially.

The rest of us need not cancel every expense that does not directly sustain life, but if the multitudes were to somehow change thier mindset about helping and those who need help (and perhaps even our outlook on work and working, but that is more likely a top-down issue,) there could be some major changes effected.

Something so simple as getting people to give a crap about their fellow humans, the ones down the block or on the train every morning, nevermind the faceless impossibly huge multitudes overseas, could be an incredible catalyst for change.

People don't give becasue they don't care. It's hard enough keeping oneself reasonably stable; why should anyone extend a hand to someone that they don't even know? Let the more powerful and capable do it- they're faceless organizations, anyway. They are clearly better equipped to handle problems of such magnitude.

In short, change does begin with you, but not just with you, unless your first name starts with a "J" and you happen to be a sandal-wearing caprenter from Nazareth. Everyone has a part that they could play, some of those parts are clearly more suited for those of us in a particular tax bracket. The rest of us can do the lifitng/carrying/building parts.

Dreams never die. They just get Forgotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> The Soap Box All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: