Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
why is it that in a comic film they always miss out detail?,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordan2590

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: why is it that in a comic film they always miss out detail?, Reply with quote

it annoys me that in a comic film they miss out detail, it isn't the same as the comic, whether it be a story line or a charactor, it annoys me, any body have any complaints, please send them in i'd like to know how yous feel about this topic?
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give a specific example as to what you're referring?

Of course they're going to miss things. Comics are worse than book adaptations in many ways. With a book, there's limited source material, ranging from about 200-900 pages. There's a single author. It's just a matter of condensing too many pages into a two-hour screenplay.

Comics, though? Try thousands of issues from multiple eras, with a zillion different authors. I mean, even within the comic genre, people can't agree on how certain characters should behave. Ever read Batman while JLA was ongoing? It was like reading two different characters. Same thing with Nightwing and The Outsiders, or Robin and Teen Titans.

So, when converting a comic series into a movie, there's a lot to take into consideration. Which era: Golden, Silver, Iron Age? Which storyline? Which characters do we include? How much time do we need to waste on the origin story for those who don't read the comic? (This, btw, is probably the hardest part to juggle - enough info for those who are clueless while not boring fanboys)

Now, some movies just miss the mark completely, by attempting to combine too many storylines into one movie, so they all suffer (X-3). Others do a much better job of staying true to both the story and the "soul" of the comic (Batman Begins).

Missing things is just the price you pay when you try to convert a pre-existing work into a movie. Plus, what one person hates, another will love. There'll never be a way to please everyone with anything, let alone a comic movie.

So...there's my $0.02 on the subject.
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was more like en entire dime to me.

but why did they make Spider-Maguire generate the web from his organism? which part of nerdy-science-obsessed-whizz-kid-who-can-make-the-web-coz-he's-clever was so wrong they had to change it?
that's just a detail, it wouldn't hurt the length of the movie or anything, and yet they had to change it.
maybe they're just stupid.
Spock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did the delete "We Drink Ritalin" from flashplayer.com? That will answer the universal question of "Why?"
Spock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but seriously, "semen in my heart?", what has that man been doing?
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal Paradise wrote:
but why did they make Spider-Maguire generate the web from his organism? which part of nerdy-science-obsessed-whizz-kid-who-can-make-the-web-coz-he's-clever was so wrong they had to change it?

Well, to tell you the truth, as a kid it really came as a disappointment to me that the web was actually not part of Spidey's powers.

And now the funny part is: the comic has followed the movie and now the comic spidey's web shooting is also part of his organism.

A similar thing happened with Wolverine: I was really disappointed to learn that the claws were implants, not part of his power. Then the adamantium disappeared and it turned out there were bone claws underneath them.
Sal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
A similar thing happened with Wolverine: I was really disappointed to learn that the claws were implants, not part of his power. Then the adamantium disappeared and it turned out there were bone claws underneath them.

oh yes, this was just sad. maybe George Lucas was proud of Marvel scriptwriters, but other than that i don't think it was very well received.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'm lloking at the following Google ad:

Lesbian comics
Meet Tens of Thousands of Lesbian Singles for Love. Register Free.

Anyhoo, what are you talking about with Wolverine, I don't quite follow...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Sal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here ya go.

in the beginning there was Wolverine, right?
Wolverine was a mutant whose power was his supernatural healing ability, plus his madly sensitive... senses.
then Wolverine was captured by those secret gov't agency guys and a skinny bald scientist in glasses wanted to make Wolverine a killing-machine working for the state - Weapon X.
what they did was they implanted the adamantium skeleton inside Wolverine, onto his own skeleton or something (i bet Simon will be able to explain it more scientifically), and whaddaya know, turns out he could now do this *SNIKT* thing and out came the razor sharp claws.
Wolverine went on to break free, kill everyone in sight, and become the public's favourite X-Man ever (that a fact).

years of fighting crime later, Wolverine meets up with Magneto and Magneto does a magnetic ZAP YO' ASS to him, causing the entire adamantium to leak out from his body very painfully.
so Wolverine ceases to be the Wolverine we all knew and loved.

and then as the fans worldwide go "it's so not-Wolverine, without the claws", Marvel does something outrageous. they pull a George Lucas on him.
one day (i believe it happened in the X-Men training room) Wolverine enters drunken fury and suddenly out from his hands shoot claws - bone claws. understandably everyone, including Prof. X, go WTF?
and the explanation we get is that apparently he'd always had the claws as an integral part of his skeleton, and that the claws are part of his mutant powers after all.
everything comes back to normal (more less) and the fans are satisfied with the outcome.
or are they?
Twistys

Location: Finnland, I think. Not sure... Is that a Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.freneticwanderings.com/special_wolverine/wolverine.php

Came across with this and immeaditely thought of you guys.

Edit: http://www.freneticwanderings.com/specialsuperheroes/superheroes.htm
Okey, here's more.
That's all folks
Tyris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, it makes a certain amount of sense that the claws are natural, because he needs specific muscles to a) go SNIKT and b) retract them again and where would those come from if the claws had just been implanted?
What doesn't make sense is the fact they're natural claws combined with the fact that there's no hole for them and they have to pierce the skin every time.
jordan2590

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar thing happened with Wolverine: I was really disappointed to learn that the claws were implants, not part of his power. Then the adamantium disappeared and it turned out there were bone claws underneath them.[/quote]

i see where your coming from but u have just been disapointed by a good story line, u say u were disapointed because the claws were not part of wolverines powers, if u actualy know about wolverine, you will know taht the only reason he didn't die getting the implants is because he had the mutants power to heal quick. so... that's why he's the only test subject that survived! becuase he mutant powers enabled him to get his claws implanted lol
jordan2590

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after seeing most of all the marvel films, the most annoying of all is daredevil, why the fuck did they make the king pin black!, they have just ruined tones of years of comic story line which has always had the king pin white!
Sal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan2590 wrote:

i see where your coming from but u have just been disapointed by a good story line, u say u were disapointed because the claws were not part of wolverines powers, if u actualy know about wolverine, you will know taht the only reason he didn't die getting the implants is because he had the mutants power to heal quick. so... that's why he's the only test subject that survived! becuase he mutant powers enabled him to get his claws implanted lol

this is unbelievable...
you're really sure of that?
i mean, how did you know???

oh yeah, i'd forget: lol
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quickstrike anyone...

I must say, Wolverine is my favourite X-Men because of his bad ass attitude...

I feel really dumb for posting fan drooling without adding something informative...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor the Nobel Whore wrote:
Quickstrike anyone...

I must say, Wolverine is my favourite X-Men because of his bad ass attitude...

I feel really dumb for posting fan drooling without adding something informative...

Fan drooling with "something informative" is really just fan drooling, but with the drool also having a nasty smell to it, too

I like Wolvie because he's badass and short. I always disliked how all the heroes in comics were these 8 foot fucking giants with an acceptably aryan heritage, or at least looks to fake it. Not to mention to the goody-two-shoes part.

Wolverine is like this... rabid, deadly midget.
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan2590 wrote:
blahblahbladidiblahblah lol

Very lol-ish indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: