Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Rollerblading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Rollerblading Reply with quote

Just wondering if any of my fellow-forum members enjoy rollerblading as much as I do. I try to do it at least twice every week, but there are weeks I do it daily.

It's a great sport, it gives me a sensation as if I'm flying. In my younger days I was into tricks, the half-pipe etc. (and the skateboard was my weapon of choice, rather than rollerblades), but nowadays I just like to do long treks (anything between an hour and two hours), preferably at night, or, on hot summer days, on the countryside.

Luckily, here in Holland the weather is becoming nice again. That's the only drawback, you cannot do rollerblading when it's raining.

I own two pairs of rollerblades, a very old pair of Rollerblades I use in the countryside and a very cool, but not so fast, pair of Solomons I use in the city.

Also, I participate on a regular basis in the friday night skate here in Amsterdam. Sometimes, we're up to 400 skaters speeding it up in the streets of Amsterdam. Very cool, indeed.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to a good old fashioned roller rink once in a while to get my roller blading groove on. It is fun but I'm not that good. I fall sometimes! >.<

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I only fall when I am with my girlfriend. Somehow, I think it's funny to act like as if I'm falling when I'm with her, but then I really fall.

>_> indeed.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I have to hold my mom's hand when we go rollerskating. Well she rollerskates really good! I can blade alright but I have to be going really fast for me not to fall and break something...like my face.

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like to do in the summer is to rollerblade to a lake nearby at around midnight, go for a swim there and rollerblade back. An hour and a half of training in complete solitude. It's very nice.

Anyway, as I was blading the other day, there was a piece of wood on the road and I fell at full speed. The results:

- light concussion
- bruised left hand, left shoulder and left knee
- Heavy excoriations on my left hand and arm, excoriations on my right arm
- A deep cut above my left eyebrow of about two centimeters that had to be stitched twice
- A wounded upper lip.

I'm going to buy protective wear asap... Since I earn my money with my head, a helmet is not such a bad idea...
ploiper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never had a pair of roller blades. or boots for that matter. i missed out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: