Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Best Batman
    page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
InvaderJess



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 346
Location: Always lurking in the shadows

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Best Batman Reply with quote

I don't mean t.v. series batman. Adam West was arguably the best batman ever. He set the precedent. But, who do you think was the best Movie batman? My vote lies with Michael Keaton. Oh, I'm too lazy to really look, who's gonna be Batman in the new movie?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly Resurrected



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 976
Location: The Shadow Gallery

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Bale, unless I'm mistaken. I'm too lazy to look, too Laughing I haven't seen him in anything else, so I have no idea what kind of Batman he'll be, but I wasn't overwhelmed by the trailer.

My vote goes to Adam West too, I have a soft spot for the old tv series. "He's been assaulted with a rootbeer bottle!"
_________________
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, this should have been a poll, unlike that annoying PAATOX topic. Twisted Evil
Yeah, I guess Keaton gets my vote.
I was a big fan of the TV series back in the day too, but now I find it nigh unwatchable.
_________________
Context is everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keaton and Kilmer. Clooney just sucked... it was really Arnie who made that movie worthwile.
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Metal_Pred



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 875
Location: In My Kingdom Cold

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Keaton and Kilmer. Clooney just sucked...


agreed
_________________
Cogito Ergo Sum....Bitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Inkmonkey




Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 193
Location: The Great American West

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilmer was forgettable as Batman. Clooney was just... too Clooney. Didn't get the impression that he was Batman.

I'm gonna have to say Keaton as well. He really caught an essence I can't quite describe.

I've got high hopes for Bale as Batman. I don't know how he'll do as Wayne, but he's got the kinda skills required to be the Dark Knight.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wize



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of the movie, Keaton all the way. Val had the look, but not the act, and Clooney...well I don't know who's idea it was to book him when his whole career is based off of that friggin' grin.

I'm also a huge fan of the old animated series. I wish I could find that on dvd somewhere.

And on an aside-Jack definately pwned as the Joker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, which movie is the one with the bad guy who keeps asking Batman if he has ever danced naked under the moon or something. Ya know, the same guy that killed his parents. I only saw it once, but that's the one I wanna see again the most Razz
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wize



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Btw, which movie is the one with the bad guy who keeps asking Batman if he has ever danced naked under the moon or something.


It was the first one, and The Joker was the person who asked. The line was:

"Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Trust me-I could probably answer anything about Batman sans the comics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks.

Well, next question... where can I find pictures from all those armour's Bruce has in this room. Don't know which movie that was... but they were kickass. There was this 1st World War like armour... and some native African thingy...
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wize



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Ok, thanks.

Well, next question... where can I find pictures from all those armour's Bruce has in this room. Don't know which movie that was... but they were kickass. There was this 1st World War like armour... and some native African thingy...


Once again-the first Batman movie. I suppose you could hit up google and see if there's a fan site for it or something of the like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InvaderJess



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 346
Location: Always lurking in the shadows

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Keaton and Kilmer. Clooney just sucked... it was really Arnie who made that movie worthwile.


You've gotta be kidding me. Arnie was terrible in that movie as well. Him and bad puns just don't go together. There was virtually no actual acting on his part and what little he did do, was bad. If I want to here Arnie spout off bad puns, I'll watch Last Action Hero thank you very much. At least he was honest to goodness acting in that one.

Sorry, I'm done ranting. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, you gotta admit that Clooney was even worse than Arnie. I mean... he's like the friggin anti-christ of Batman...
Well, there's Miss Poison Ivy... she was ok...

And Last Action Hero rules. Especially the part where Slater and Madigan (the kid's name was Madigan, right?) walk into the police office in the movie, and the kid bumps into Robert Patricks, with his T-1000 grumpy face. So totally friggin awesome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
InvaderJess



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 346
Location: Always lurking in the shadows

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Clooney was worse. But Arnie was still bad. Hehe, anti-christ of Batman. That's funny. Uma Therman was okay. She looked pretty damn hot, but her lines were bad too. It's interesting how they pulled it off in the first two or three, but then they lost the magic for bad puns.

I love the T-1000 cameo. That was great. And I love the rubber baby buggy bumpers part. Last Action Hero was just a really good movie all around. Some of the puns were lame, but it was just really well done. Yeah, it was Danny Madigan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dracothan



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 22 May 2005
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman Returns was the best movie, though I'd say Clooney looked more the part of Bruce Wayne rather than Keaton who was the best Batman. Pity that last one was so awful.

I'm looking forward to see Christian Bale though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Metal_Pred



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 875
Location: In My Kingdom Cold

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I don't think Christian Bale is gonna be a good batman. For me, a good batman is someone who has a dark attitude and a sereous face. Maybe it's not like that you see it...
_________________
Cogito Ergo Sum....Bitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever saw Equilibrium? Bale had a serious face for like 95% of the movie. (The remaining 5% is including the credits Razz)
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Metal_Pred



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 875
Location: In My Kingdom Cold

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
Ever saw Equilibrium? Bale had a serious face for like 95% of the movie. (The remaining 5% is including the credits Razz)


sorry never saw it, it may be because I have never seen Bale in a movie that I don't know if he will be a good batman.
_________________
Cogito Ergo Sum....Bitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wize



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Aramor wrote:
Ever saw Equilibrium? Bale had a serious face for like 95% of the movie. (The remaining 5% is including the credits Razz)


sorry never saw it, it may be because I have never seen Bale in a movie that I don't know if he will be a good batman.


Dude-see that movie---just because it's an amazing movie.

More proof of Christian Bale being a bit dark and serious was American Psyco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Metal_Pred



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 875
Location: In My Kingdom Cold

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wize wrote:
Metal_Pred wrote:
Aramor wrote:
Ever saw Equilibrium? Bale had a serious face for like 95% of the movie. (The remaining 5% is including the credits Razz)


sorry never saw it, it may be because I have never seen Bale in a movie that I don't know if he will be a good batman.


Dude-see that movie---just because it's an amazing movie.

More proof of Christian Bale being a bit dark and serious was American Psyco.


I'll look into them, hopefullt finding them in english at the movie rental store...damn french province...
_________________
Cogito Ergo Sum....Bitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that movie went straight to video. It deserved better. Sad
_________________
Context is everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14137
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which movie? Kinda lost ya there kiddo Wink
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sorry. I was referring to that movie that we had been referencing for four previous posts. You know, the one that you brought up? Twisted Evil
_________________
Context is everything.


Last edited by Blaster on Sat May 28, 2005 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
InvaderJess



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 346
Location: Always lurking in the shadows

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movie Equilibrium. I was shocked that it didn't get much better credit. I found the whole thing very well done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaster
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 2544
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
_________________
Context is everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group