Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Simon_Says & ComNum

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Simon_Says & ComNum Reply with quote

ummm, I'm back. And happy.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!! I'M HAPPY KOKO IS BACK!!!! YAY!!! *does a jig*

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is Comnum?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
But is Comnum?

I don't think so. . .
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno...I should e-mail him and ask him what's going on...

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the deal with Complex?
it says 'banned' now, not 'temp. banned' but 'banned', as in 'banninated'.
wtf?
did he disrespect someone's authorit-ah one time too many?
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal Paradise wrote:
what's the deal with Complex?
it says 'banned' now, not 'temp. banned' but 'banned', as in 'banninated'.
wtf?
did he disrespect someone's authorit-ah one time too many?

He was temp.banned, and then later, I think after I was allowed back the status changed to banned. . .

Oh, and today what made me happy: homecoming is this weekend. Should be interesting.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comnum shouldn't be banned, all the others before had their posts deleted and/or accounts deleted. If that's the case perhaps signing in should restore Comnum to full status. Also if thatís the case, please ignore all the following.

But if that's not the case then WHAT?! How can Comnum be banned? What did he do wrong this time? ĎGet worked up about other members?í ĎDidnít respect moderator authority?í What kind of accusation is that!? If that's the case, then I should be banned permanently You know, fuck it, Iíll ban myself until I see that Comnum has been reinstated as a forum member.

And I stand alongside Comnum when I say that I now really donít care what you do with me. Ban me, demote me to village idiot, whatever. Iím not going to tolerate it when a fine man gets shafted because he showed a little of his humanity. He showed his opinion, and although resorting to crude insults wasnít the best course of action, we have all at one point or another done it, on this forum, or on a different forum, or most likely in real life, and this one isolated attempt shouldnít be enough to merit a ban. Koko shouldnít have been banned as well, even temporarily, seeing as he didnít do anything particularly wrong at all that otherís have done, including myself, and got away with.

Munan wrote:
What I do know - and am unhappy about - is that you take an internet forum that is tied to a comic about an Alien and a Predator living together in New York way too serious if you get this worked up about your fellow posters.

I for one do not consider this forum to be tied exclusively with Alien Loves Predator, although indeed much of it relates to ALP, the ALP forum is more about people connected by their common love for ALP, and the establishment of conversation, friendship and fun through that common relation. This forum does, has, and will contain material from all over the range of human (and alien/predator) imagination, and it is really that range, and not the comic, that this forum is tied to. In light of this, I believe Comnum was in his rights to get Ďworked up about his fellow postersí, and although his bashings arenít something to be proud of, he had the courtesy of keeping his worst off the public forums. In fact, I think he deserves a fucking medal for that, seeing as I canít realistically imagine myself practicing that kind of restraint. And yes, it was restraint. Restraint isnít about keeping things bottled up inside, itís about letting it out in a controlled and directed manner, a skill I admit I really have to work on at times. Truly, I believe the bans were unnecessary..

So I say again, Iím refraining from all forum activity until I know that Comnum is alive and kicking, or at least is allowed to be in said state. If this results in my complete oblivion, so be it. Iím not coming back until I can see real common sense and justice here. If this post results in a ban from either Bernie or the mods, so be it, I didnít want to frequent a forum without a sense of fairness in the first place.

So Iím now off, I hope this will be a very temporary vacation, but if it turns out otherwise, just know that I did enjoy my time on this forum, I wish you all well and the best of luck. Iím just a little surprised and disappointed that no one protested Comnumís eradication, but I guess you either didnít expect anything bad, or you were afraid of getting expelled yourselves, and in either case itís completely understandable and I still wish the best for you.

If Comnum happens to rise from his grave, or if you really have a good reason for me to return from exile, please send a word at pyzek@hotmail.com (preferably via Windows/MSN/Windows Live Messenger).

Note that Simon_Says will be a public character in the RPG for as long as I remain inactive. Please don't make me look like a complete douchebag.

So now I bid adieu, S_S out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... he may come back? Because it hurts the forum to have a regular poster banned.

But anyways. I'm pulling my ass out of the fire! And when I mean that, I mean I'm really improving my other grades! Very Happy

Married to SpideyGirl.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Quote everything Simon Said Rolling Eyes

Simon's going Gandhi on our asses. Personally I don't think ComNums could have been banned for the stuff he said to me because it was pretty funny and wasn't ban-worthy for sure. So what really caused this to happen?

congrats on the internet cfos, you are now part of the 3 in 100 on the planet who have internet and you are automatically richer than 75% of all the world (not intended to make you feel bad Smile )

and for the sake of the forum Simon, please stay.
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean we get rid of Simon too? Arrsome.

The abundance of internet drama has made me happy today. Here and in three other places. It's like a soap opera that I can understand.
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also unnecesary drama, since you, Simon, have no idea what the man said in private correspondence with us, and you will not know this since it is... well, private (note, btw, that not respecting this aspect of private correspondence by Koko was among the things that got the whole thing started).

Both Koko and ComNum were banned for ignoring moderators telling them to stop a certain behaviour and doing so in quite an arrogant manner. I don't recall anybody else (apart from members of the teenage Norwegian boys invasion - and they got banned as well) ever doing so.

ComNum went a little farther with that and is therefore permanently banned. You're putting up quite a show, Simon, but I'm afraid it's a little misplaced. Also, I'm sure Blaster, me, or Bernie would have been happy to explain ourselves if you'd taken the effort of PM-ing us before going all j'accuse in public.

Finally, I think Bernie has the right to decide who is and who is not welcome on his forum.
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, I admire your sticking up for a comrade - you must be a good friend to have. But Munan said it all. I liked ComNum too, originally, but if you knew all the facts, you would've made the same decision I did.

And sorry, gotta move this to Utter B.S. (not to belittle your complaint, Simon, but it doesn't belong in the main forum, you understand)
Sal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suddenly the forums got so serious and non-fun.

hell, i can't imagine what Complex must've said or done to you to trigger that kind of reaction. knowing your rather lighthearted approach to most of the rubbish that's happening around here, it must've been major league asshole.

i would swear you both, Munan and Bernie, seem disappointed yourselves that this had to happen.

shit...
Munan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we are. Extremely. It was because of these kind of things that I opposed the idea of moderators when Simon first suggested it (read about it here). But it's unavoidable, maybe, sometimes, even in a fun forum like this one.

Also, I really hope Simon decides to come back.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Simon and every one should too.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I spoke wtih Munan earlier today and he explained that I wasn't aware of all the facts, i.e. that Comnum was an Ass-Be to Bernie, and so the ban was called for. Although I wish Comnum wasn't barred out, it wasn't an unjust execution and therefore my argument is invalid. I was rash, jumping to the conclusions and going over dramatic, and yes, Bernie is right saying that I would have made the same decision in his shoes.

So I hope we have all that sortened out. Munan, Bernie, if one of you could lock this thread...

Oh and Digit, sorry to have spoiled your day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... is he coming back or not?

If so, "yay", if not, damnit.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not coming back, Dearest. You think Bernieh would let someone back on if they were being assholes to him? I think not!

Case closed!

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Telveryon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey, I thinketh yon Mango doth was refering to yon Simon_Says. It doth made me happy to see yon Simon not leaveing.

^Don't click the picture!
Medieval speak doth be a trademark of Telveryon & Telveryon_Recites Inc.
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all folks...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Utter B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: