Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Killzone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of Killzone
This game so totally rocks!!!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Dude, if suck had a maximum value, Killzone would be twice that!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's nice, could be better though...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Killwho?
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Killzone Reply with quote

Ok, I copied this from another forum where I already wrote it... have fun going through all of it.

Killzone is a game set in the near future. The main peacekeepers in the universe are the ISA (Intersomething Security Agency). The bad guys are the Helghast. They're some sort of combination between nazi's and Stormtroopers. They're in exile and they sought refuge on a planet called Helghan (hence the Helghast). The planet was very hostile. At first it weakened them but in the end it only made them stronger (if you consider having to walk with a gas mask on strong...). Their leader, Skullar Vsaari, then started the invasion of the nearby planet Vekta. They never saw it coming. Well, the Defense Platform orbiting the planet did, but for some unknown reason, the computers crashed and they couldn't do jack-shit. In the mean while, the invasion on Vekta continued. The Helghast don't take prisoners. They even gun down the civilians going to work. You then enter the battlefield as Jan Templar, an ISA captain or sumtin... and then you set of for an adventure that takes you from muddy trenches to snow white mountain passes and from rainy beaches to swamps. All very nicely illustrated.
As you play the game, more characters join your team until all 4 of the main characters are present. First of all there's Templar. He's the commander of the squad and is an overall fighter. Second one is Luger. This stealthy lady is nice on the eyes and good in combat. She can't take much hits but she sure packs a punch. Then there's Rico, best compared to a tank with legs. With his oversized chaingun complete with rocket launcher under it, he's sure to be the first one to break the enemy front lines. And then there's Hakha. Half-human, half-Helghast, this spy turns out to be a trustworthy companion. He can handle the Helghast weaponry better than the others of the team and his knowledge of the enemy makes him a valuable asset.
The difference between the characters is well noticeable. The missiond are slightly different with each character. Especially the last one is. Also their combat ability's differ. Hakha and Templar aren't much different but when compared to the other two... imagine this, you're crawling through the airshafts as Luger when you stumble upon a room with twenty Helghast. You turn on your infrared vision and you throw a grenade in between them. The Helghast start running all over the place trying to see where it came from. You then grab your silenced pistol and start aiming for some heads. After sniping most of the remaining Helghast, you slide down a rope into the room, to sneak up on the last survivor (who is still looking around what the hell just happened). You then take out your knife, you swing your arm around his head, you jam the knife in his throat and you rip it open. Voila.
Now as Rico. You walk through a hallway. You open a door and find yourself in a room with twenty Helghast. You run up to the first one and break every bone in his body by ramming your gun in his stomach. You then fire a rocket at the largest part of them. They return fire. You're barely scratched by the bullets. You fire your chaingun and start mowing them down. 200 bullets later the room is empty. It was already empty after 50 bullets but you just really like the sound.
And then finally, as Templar or Hakha. You open the door and throw a grenade in the room. You run inside and seek cover behind what used to be a sofa. You pop up and pull the trigger of your assault rifle. You throw another grenade. One of the Helghast dares to charge. You run towards him and break his neck with the butt of your rifle. You reload your rifle and you're ready for the next part.
The weaponry in Killzone is really nice. The sound effects are really top notch. The guns are all very detailed and look fairly realistic. Don't expect purple laser beams and green blobs. It's all bullets and shells in this game. The reloading is also done really nicely. You actually look at your gun while taking out the magazine, grabbing another one, putting it in and cocking the gun again. First time you might get a little dizzy from it. Also when throwing grenades your head moves. This makes it all very realistic. It actually f'ed-up my other games, caus now I hate it when you can reload a gun while still looking forward...
The levels are also very nicely done. In the city's you really have the idea you're walking through a building that was shot to shit by a tank. And caus you'll always hear gunfire in the background, you really get the idea you're in a war. But the part where your team is alone is also nice. It's awesome when going through a mangrove forest, or making your way through a mountain pass. The effects are also nicely done. When you're walking through the park, you can almost smell the blossom tree's leaves being smacked in your face as the wind hurdles them along. And when you're in the docks you can almost feel the rain on your face.
Then there's the multiplayer. There's a splitscreen mode and if you have the internet thingamajig for your PS2 you can fight against other Killzone nuts all over the world. The multiplay levels are, just like the singleplayer levels, extremely nice. The Delta Creek really makes you wish you had a muskeeto spray thingy with you, and when going through the rubble on the beach, you wonder what this place was like during the holiday's. Some levels however are really mazelike. I'll tell you, I got really lost sometimes.
Now, as you all know, nothing can be perfect. Neither is Killzone. It has several graphical errors. But if you're like me (and I don't mean a Killzone whore Wink) these do not caus serious frustrations. Sometimes the high res models of the other soldiers will load a bit too late, so you're looking at a blurry dude, but if you find time to really think about this during the game, you're doing something wrong... hello, incoming tank!!! Hehe. Also there is pop up. When you're walking through the level the foliage will only be visible from a certain distance. But I don't care. Caus once you're in the middle of it, you'll be in shock and awe. I once crouched in a brush during a split screen session, wearing a camo outfit, and the other guy stood behind me for half a minute or so and he didn't see me. Also when there are lots of AI things going on, the frame rate drops. This can make aiming a bit difficult, but in the heat of the moment, you don't got time to be frustrated about it. Also the AI sometimes lacks skill, but maybe that's because I play it on easy... :rolling eyes: Sometimes you can stand in front of a Helghast for 5 secs without him doing anything. I don't see this as a mayor bug. I see it as a perfect opportunity to bash my rifle against his head. The rag doll effects and collision stuff also shows some glitches sometimes. A dead Helghast sometimes lies half in a wall, or his leg is bend so that his feet is lying next to his head... but who cares, just grab his gun and kill the other ugly sob's in the area.
With a little more time these glitches could have been worked out. But I would have got an aneurysm if the game didn't come out on time... Wink
So all in all, I think it's a wonderful game. The graphics are of a quality I've never seen before in a game like this on the PS2. So, if you run into it, and like First Person Shooter's, please buy it. Wink

So, there ya go.
Here you can find some nice screenshots, movies, audio fragments and more stuff:
Official (if I'm correct) site

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best shooter games I have ever played, the graphics are nice, the details put into this game (not the graphics but thegameplay itself) are just...awseome. It's really a must have on PS2
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given thought to buying the sucker, but some game reviews have made me doubtful. Apparently the graphics are superb, but the game AI sucks big time. If there's a baddie, a rock and you behind the rock, the baddie isn't going to go around the rock and turn you into swiss cheese, but rather try and do it trough the rock. Several times. Grenades aren't an option either. It's trough the rock, by the rock and maybe with the rock.

I'd still buy it though. Guns galore!
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Metal_Pred, what's your favourite multiplayer game? I really love Assault. Especially as ISA on that train station map.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
So, Metal_Pred, what's your favourite multiplayer game? I really love Assault. Especially as ISA on that train station map.

me and my friend like to do Assault on the beach while were ISA on Very hard, what we do is equip ourselves with as much guns as possible and wait at both doors with miniguns to kill them all
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Rico's big ass gun rules. I also just like to grab the Assault Rifle's grenades, the Grenade Pistol and the LMG. And the just wait for them on the outpost thingy in the big wall. Especially with a well-aimed grenade you'll have lots of fun.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the grenade pistol but love the pistols of helghast \m/
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're in an elevated position, using grenades is really not that hard. You just have to fire a couple of test rounds to see how far you're aim is off. Anyhoo, do you know that balcony on the far left of the great wall (if you're looking at it from the beach). There are some normal handgrenades lying there, and I once threw a handgrenade down, it bounced in front of a Helghast bot (think it was Morcus, he has become my nemesis Razz) and it exploded. That was so awesome.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
When you're in an elevated position, using grenades is really not that hard. You just have to fire a couple of test rounds to see how far you're aim is off. Anyhoo, do you know that balcony on the far left of the great wall (if you're looking at it from the beach). There are some normal handgrenades lying there, and I once threw a handgrenade down, it bounced in front of a Helghast bot (think it was Morcus, he has become my nemesis Razz) and it exploded. That was so awesome.

hehehe, i just love to see the bodies fly once I get ahold of the rocket launcher \m/. A gun I really like is the helghast machine gun, lets say your in a dangerous situation, just blow some rounds of shotgun that come with the machine gun \m/
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, too bad you have to reload it after every shot. Takes a lotta time Razz

I btw always have something extremely funny when one of my friends plays Killzone. Whenever they start as a Helghast, they shoot a few rounds and then shoot the shotgun on the Assault Rifle. They than ask me how they reload it. I always say "It does that automatically if you have any shells for it left..." and then they ask "You mean I have no more shells left for that shotgun thing?"

DUHHHH!!!! So funny. That happened with 6 different persons.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: