Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Beer
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardine

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaac wrote:
I've drank a lot of beer, but not enough different kinds to make judgements like "American beer sucks as compared to Canadian beers!!"

I'm a Canadian and Canadian mass-produced beer is crap. I laugh whenever I hear statements like "Canadian beer is better than American"

Give me a break, Molson Canadian or Labatts is considered "good"? Even some regional stuff like Keiths or Sleemans isn't that great... heck, I'd much rather drink Michelob or American Coors (not that Canadian-brewed Coors Lite swill).

There is some great Canadian beer (like Unibroue from Quebec) but most of it doesn't make it out of the country. Likewise, there is some awesome American microbrew stuff, like all that pale ale from Northern California, which we never get up here.

I still think bottle per bottle, Europe makes better beer than in North America. The sign of a good beer is if you can drink it both cold and warm. The only reason they hype freezing cold beer in North America is to hide all the rice they use in most mass-produced beers. In Germany, you can legally only put a handful of ingredients into beer (hops, water, malt, wheat) while in Canada, I think there are 150~ different ingredients which can be put into beer - the most popular by far is rice and water.
bono_chick

Location: Melbourne, Australia. Or so I'm lead to believe....

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of beer drinker, but when I do, the ones I tolerate the most are;
Asahi - Japanese beer my brother introduced me to after he came back from there;
Singha and Chang - Thai beer; I had many a good night drinking this stuff in Bangkok!! Very Happy
Hoegaarden - Belgian beer, very noice!

I'm yet to find an Aussie beer I like, as I'm Australian you'd think I would have found one by now, we've got that many to choose from, but it's proving to be more difficult then I thought. Not to worry I'll just stick to my Canadian Club whiskey .....
sardine

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Cooper's Sparkling Ale Reply with quote

bono_chick wrote:
I'm yet to find an Aussie beer I like, as I'm Australian you'd think I would have found one by now

What about Cooper's Sparkling Ale from (I think) Adelade? It think it is considered a regional Aussie brew (compared to mass-swill Victoria Bitter, Fosters, or Castlemane XXXX) but for some reason we can get it here at some of our bigger liquor stores. It's one of my fave beers - great stuff!

If you like Hoegarden, then you should also like Coopers...

their website: http://www.coopers.com.au/default2.asp
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there actually such a thing as yebisu beer? i spied it off neon genesis evangelion.
akito

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killians > *

this thread is over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelus_raptor wrote:
is there actually such a thing as yebisu beer? i spied it off neon genesis evangelion.

Sapporo Beer Company used to make Yebisu beer, but now it's called Sapporo.

Still internet married to Tripper.
BuzzJava

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kokanee
there is a lot of bad story's i could say about that beer.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuzzJava wrote:
there is a lot of bad story's i could say about that beer.

beer's the root of evil, isn't it?
TeratoMarty

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelus_raptor wrote:

beer's the root of evil, isn't it?

Homer Simpson once said, "Beer is the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."
Milly

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really cared for beer. Bitter, and I can't mix it with anything.

Then again, I never really cared for alcohol at all.

Vodka, however, can be mixed into my soda, and thus, gets the win.
Poor Lumpy Pony

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: mmm nothing the germans do could be evil Reply with quote

Long timer lurker first time speaker.
I would have to say that my favourite beer is Leffe, its strong tasy and makes me feel terrible in the morning
Duval is also good but sends me too far over the edge in a morning, its in danger of getting me sacked....

However as Milk and Cheese said, I'd drink diarrhea out of a wino's ass if it was one percent proof

Edit:
Link to a milk and chees example (couldn't find the quote)
h**p://lila.yft.com/dareprt1.html
Can't be bothered to read the FAQ so just in case you don't like links...** to tt

Last edited by Poor Lumpy Pony on Thu May 19, 2005 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: mmm nothing the germans do could be evil Reply with quote

Poor Lumpy Pony wrote:
I'd drink diarrhea out of a wino's ass if it was one percent proof

Wow. Er. Yeah. Not in those exact words, but I agree. I shouldn't be proud of it, but I'm sort of the drunk in my family.

Meneer Spaghetti

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heerlijk Helder Hollands Heineken Very Happy
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wieckse Witte... yummie... better than Hoegaarden at least...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Isaac

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where do you guys buy all these weird beers? I know when I go out to the liquor store, they mostly have domestic beers all over and then like a shelf full of imports. They have a lot of beers I've never even heard of, but some of the ones mentioned in this thread I don't think were even there.

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
desert_drum

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaac wrote:
So where do you guys buy all these weird beers? I know when I go out to the liquor store, they mostly have domestic beers all over and then like a shelf full of imports. They have a lot of beers I've never even heard of, but some of the ones mentioned in this thread I don't think were even there.

You're seeing a combination of a pretty good number of non-US posters, and a lot of people loving on some local microbrews that can be hard to get outside their immediate region. You might be able to get some by special request if your liquor store is good with that kind of thing, but some, not even that way.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local grocery and liquor stores all have a reasonably good selection of imports, and the Japanese, Indian, Thai and Vietnamese restaurants always have national beers on the menu. Plus, there's the "Beers Of The World" box I get every Christmas from my aunt.

Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well uhh...Karhu? That's good. I don't have much to compare to, but I like it.

Yeah. I'm so out of this conversation.
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sardine wrote:
Isaac wrote:
I've drank a lot of beer, but not enough different kinds to make judgements like "American beer sucks as compared to Canadian beers!!"

I'm a Canadian and Canadian mass-produced beer is crap. I laugh whenever I hear statements like "Canadian beer is better than American"

Give me a break, Molson Canadian or Labatts is considered "good"? Even some regional stuff like Keiths or Sleemans isn't that great... heck, I'd much rather drink Michelob or American Coors (not that Canadian-brewed Coors Lite swill).

There is some great Canadian beer (like Unibroue from Quebec) but most of it doesn't make it out of the country. Likewise, there is some awesome American microbrew stuff, like all that pale ale from Northern California, which we never get up here.

I still think bottle per bottle, Europe makes better beer than in North America. The sign of a good beer is if you can drink it both cold and warm. The only reason they hype freezing cold beer in North America is to hide all the rice they use in most mass-produced beers. In Germany, you can legally only put a handful of ingredients into beer (hops, water, malt, wheat) while in Canada, I think there are 150~ different ingredients which can be put into beer - the most popular by far is rice and water.

NOTHING BEATS THE NORWEGIAN BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Timmibal

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Aussie here, The ALP madness is spreading!

I'd have to say Tooheys Old for sheer drinkability, that and the fact you've got a good chance of it being in any watering hole you happen to find yourself in, and it's not fuckoff expensive like most of the over the counter imports.

Little Creatures Pale Ale is good when It's the night before pay, and you've only got the money for one pint till midnight.
Become one with the Goddess!

Aliens: The Female War
Captain Beefheart

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my mates made wine from his girl's yeast infection... he never offered me a crisp again.

Back on topic, you cannot beat a pint o' Directors Stout Bitter. Proper Yorkshire booze.

Scrumpy Jack is also good, if you can't find your bed and need to ward of hypothermia for a couple of hours while you sober up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: