Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Crocodile Hunter is Gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffy D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: The Crocodile Hunter is Gone. Reply with quote

Shit, Goddamn, mother fuckin', son of a bitch, ass, ass wipe, fuck, bitch, bastard,....SHIT!!!! Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Quote:
BRISBANE, Australia Sep 4, 2006 (AP) Steve Irwin, the Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.

Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state when the accident occurred, Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp. said Irwin was diving near Low Isles near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of Brisbane.

A helicopter carrying paramedics flew to the island, but he died from a stingray barb to the heart, ABC reported on its Web site.

Telephone calls to Australia Zoo, Irwin's zoo in southern Queensland, were not immediately answered.

Irwin is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.

He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.

Irwin had received some negative publicity in recent years. In January 2004, he stunned onlookers at his Australia Zoo reptile park by carrying his 1-year-old son into a crocodile pen during a wildlife show. He tucked the infant under one arm while tossing the 13-foot reptile a piece of meat with the other.

Authorities declined to charge Irwin for violating safety regulations.

Later that year, he was accused of getting too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary. Irwin denied any wrongdoing, and an Australian Environment Department investigation recommended no action be taken against him.

[/quote]
Smiley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds were stacked against him. He made a career of pissing off dangerous, wild animals that otherwise may have never been pissed off. I sympathize with his family's loss, but I think it was an unfortunate, premature end that could have been avoided had he not been a flaming jackass with extremely poor judgement. He was loved the world over, except by the creatures who felt threatened by the cavalier manner in which he approached them. He was lucky to have lived as long as he did.

Stingrays generally do not attack humans unless they specifically feel threatened. 'Nuff said.
Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected him to go down wrestling a crocodile, or bitten by some kind of viper. I found it really sad that his family, including his young son, watched him die.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Crocodile Hunter is Gone. Reply with quote

Daffy D wrote:
Shit, Goddamn, mother fuckin', son of a bitch, ass, ass wipe, fuck, bitch, bastard,....SHIT!!!! Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
We have the Shakespeare of the 21st century here folks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was a great man, and he will by sorely missed by hundreds around the world.

On a side note...

Simon_Says wrote:
Daffy D wrote:
We have the Shakespeare of the 21st century here folks.

Hahahaha!!!!

...Remember, I have a quoting disease/curse. Don't flam me...
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mango wrote:
I expected him to go down wrestling a crocodile, or bitten by some kind of viper. I found it really sad that his family, including his young son, watched him die.

I think his son's too young to scuba dive.
Azrael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through a remote camera I meant.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: