Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Pirates of the Carribean 2
    page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no that was at the end of the movie, there's something else after the end of the credits

Quote:
The Monkey Island series was inspired by the Disney Ride

The creator of the games wrote saying they ripped of his ideas

*EDIT* Hey! VGCats just wrote about the same thing!
Carbon-Based Biped

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was far more character development of everyone in this movie, even so-called "minor" characters, like Norrington and...y'know, I can never keep straight who's who. What are the names of the two pirates that are always hanging around together, one with his eye always popping out?
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragetti and Pintel I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Pirate or ninja thread I had trouble choosing, bu7t after seeing this movie I think the choice is obvious. Wink
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daffy D wrote:
On the Pirate or ninja thread I had trouble choosing, bu7t after seeing this movie I think the choice is obvious. Wink

Yah, I know. Damned pirates don't stand a chance in hell... lol
-- Zapp Brannigan
Samy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love pirates, and i love the colonial time sea-stuff, but i am still waiting for someone to make a serious, good movie in that setting.

i was really disappointed when i found out there were gonna be undead people and all that crap in PotC 1, but whatever, it was an amusing movie, provided you don't watch it too often, then it just gets tiring.

With PotC 2 i knew it would be unrealistic, goofy and full of monsters, so i didn't get my hopes up too much and tried to enjoy it like i've come to enjoy the first one. overall it was allright, sometimes even good, but there were just little things that annoy me. for example the fact that one could never really tell where exactly the characters are, and if that's still the same place as before, and what the hell was that prison island thing where all the crows were? oh, and apparently the carribean is about as big as my backyard. now i actually thought the movie wasn't too bad until the ending, because the character's actions were, in the given setting, reasonable. but then the end (of reason and the movie)!
Spoiler:
there is absolutely no damn reason for ANYONE to even consider going to great risks to rescue or bring back jack sparrow, all he's done the whole movie is going behind everyone's backs about 25 times! least of all for Will Turner (hey, he made out with my fiancee, let's go save him and maybe get killed in the process!) and the two pirates who don't give a rat's ass about anyone or anything except maybe gold and rum. and then elizabeth, after all she chained Sparrow to the black pearl! (we could just risk our lives now and take sparrow with us. or we could let him die and just risk our lives in the next movie to bring him back!). and why the hell did they even go to the black woman? and i wonder what bullshit excuse they'll make up for barbossa being alive...
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a 'realistic' pirate movie (minus 'arr' and buckling swash) would be a good break from the norm.

SPOILERS AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Spoiler:

As to locations, Port Royal, Tortuga, Prison Island, Cannibal Island, Voodoo Island, 'Isla de Cruez' I think it's called (the one with the chest), and whatever other islands are all completely seperate, and are traversed in such little time either by off-camera action, or the carribbean is indeed as big as Samy's backyard.

Prison Island just happened to be a place that Jack would have come across as having some kind of useful information, ergo going in and coming out with a picture of a key. As to why the key was needed, noone knew what the key opened until Voodoo lady told them. AS to why there was a picture, I suggest you consult Digit on that matter.

As to why everyone supported Jack, really, isn't it obvious? The Voodoo Lady and perhaps Gibbs wanted Jack back so they all slipped mind-controlling drugs into those drinks she was handing out. Gibbs reason is obvious, Jack was a friend. Pintel and Ragetti might have had somewhat respectful/friendly feelings towards Jack, or they just figured that gold drops from Jack's boots. Elizabeth, well she's sort of conflicted if she liked Jack or not, that's been obvious the whole movie. Also Legolas is obviously suffering from chronic amnesia, I mean, he forgot he was an Elf prince (possibly also a blacksmith) and became a blacksmith turned crusader, then he forgot that and turned into a blacksmith turned pirate. He probably forgot everything about Jack and Liz's affair and remembered only the times when Jack was not trying to kill him, hence his support for trying to get Jack back.

As to why they went to the Voodoo witches, dunno, too trye sam voodoo jamaican bong maibee? And to Barbossa, perhaps he wasn't killed in the first movie. Perhaps he was still alive, and when everyone else left, he dragged himself to the gold chest and turned himself immortal again, thus restoring him to full health. He then probably made himself mortal again and decided that he needed a vaction and went to check out World's End. I'd actually be sort of glad that Barbossa's back if he makes an act similar to his brilliance in the first movie.

banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
They went to the witch woman's treehouse for Jack's funeral. To the escaped slaves who inhabited the Carribean (can't speak for the size of Samy's yard, but as navigable bodies of water go, the Carribean isn't all that large) pirates did have a certain appeal, since they were rarely slaveholders themselves, and in general were fighting against the slaveholding governments.

So it is not beyond the realm of possibility that there would be a funeral at the witch woman's crib.

Also, Jack was a charmer. He charmed almost everyone he met, and managed to make them forget that he had double-crossed them at every opportunity. So, couple that with the fact that everyone gets 10 times as popular after they are dead, and you can see why they all would want to risk their lives for Jack.

As far as leaving him on board the ship goes, they needed to get away from the Kraken. Once the Kraken had swallowed Jack, they could rescue him. Because the Kraken could no longer be an issue. Duh.

But the most important thing to remember is this: The third movie is going to have a real live undead human in it! Keith Richards is going to be one of the stars. And without a third movie, no Undead Keith. So logic and credibility become irrelevant. All that matters is that the 3rd movie exists, so that we can get Undead Keith up there on the screen.

What if the 4th dimension became lava? You could map our physical location with the coordinates: X, Y, Z, and ARRRRG SO HOT, IT'S SO HOT
- Chloeee
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
Wasn't Jack Sparrows performance inspired in part by Keith Richards? Fuck me, two guys randomly flailing arms and demanding booze shouldn't equal twice the fun... or should it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Spoiler:
Wasn't Jack Sparrows performance inspired in part by Keith Richards? Fuck me, two guys randomly flailing arms and demanding booze shouldn't equal twice the fun... or should it?

Spoiler:
that's true, or at least that's what they say in all those glossy movie mags. i guess Depp said it in some interview (maybe he was kidding) and the journalists keep repeating it.

btw, this thread looks so cool, all in spoilers.

RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem...

Spoiler:
Barbossa's being alive is far more likely due to what's-her-name's voodoo than anything else.

As for everyone going back to save Jack: Elizabeth feels guilty, Will wants to get him back for Elizabeth because he thinks she likes him (and beccause he's a total wuss), Gibbs wants his friend back, and Pintel and Ragetti respect him as their former captain who allegedly gave his life for them. And of course, Barbossa's awfully attached to that ship.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: