Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Ideal Date for a girl
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnosys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: The Ideal Date for a girl Reply with quote

I was wondering the femenine opinion about this subject.
Begin describing a little bit of yourself...
What do you expect from a date, and what would be cool for you?
Describe places, situations, activities. How do you have fun?
Attitude, clothings, aromas, colours, etc...
Food?, no food?
What at dessert time, kisses and sex included?

I think it is an interesting subject, there are all type of girls, I'd like to see how these stereotypes are reflected in reality...

See ya,
hypno
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooookay? What do I expect from a date...I expect to have fun and laugh and have a good time. I don't care about where we go or what we eat. Me and my boyfriend have a little thing called movie night. We go to the movies and then have pizza/Mc Donalds or whatever we can afford and walk around. Its cool. We also go to the city and go to Midtown comics and be a bunch of bums and read comics and look at stuff. We go all over times square. Its fun for me cause I love being with him...then I have to leave and take care of bad guys. Its tough being a superheroine!

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Smiley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a chick, but I will offer this advice: try not to pick a movie or a meal for a first date. The whole idea is to get to know the person. That's hard to do if you're trying to watch a film or your mouth is full of food. Nothing wrong with grabbing a snack or an ice cream cone, but it's rude to talk with your mouth full or in a quiet theatre. Go to a museum and check out some art or go sightseeing. Get some bikes and ride along a pretty road. Get a canoe and hit a nice lake or pond. These are activities you can talk all the way through, really find out more about the other person.

A meal or a movie is okay for subsequent dates, of course.
Samy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't go canoeing with a girl. ever. except you really wanna test your relationship... canoeing's broken up long-withstanding marriages Evil or Very Mad
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A movie is not a bad idea, but you should plan it in such a way that there's lots of time afterwards. At least you have a take off for conversation: the movie.

So, a thought provoking movie, so that youcan show off as an intelligent person with interesting insights is rather a good idea, I would say. And then afterwards to a nice place, where the music is not too loud (virtually impossible in some towns) to do some talking, followed by - if all goes well - a visit to a place where you can dance and get more... physically involved.

Also, as far as I know, most people don't have concrete principles like: I don't/do --- on a first date. Your attitude (and this goes for both boys and girls) should be: be happy with everything as long as it is cozy and DO.NOT.PUSH.FOR.MORE. Ever.

Actually, as far as I know, with that attitude you're bound to get more out of a date than if you do push for more. But that doesn't work if you do it intentionally to get more.

Oh well, ain't I lucky that I don't have to get involved in this shit anymore. I got 11 years together with the world's most lovely girl out of my last date. And still enjoying it.
Smiley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I've got nearly ten years out of MY last date! Heh.
Complex_Number_States
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you are saying that an orgy is not a good first date?

Dang, no wonder...

What if the 4th dimension became lava? You could map our physical location with the coordinates: X, Y, Z, and ARRRRG SO HOT, IT'S SO HOT
- Chloeee
hypnosys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think rather going some theme park, or six flags. You'll have everything you say there, have fun, have something to eat, maybe some movie, eating, and enough time for talking while waiting in the line for the games or walk around. It will fit in any kind of girl, then you get to know her, and you know how you should move on to the second base...

Movies? scary (of course not if you -the guy- are a yelling wussy bitch...) or intriguing one... to discuss and show yourself how intelligent (or idiot or ubearable know-it-all nerd) are you.
Food? The thing is not talking with your mouth full, the problem here is ending with a lettuce in your teeth or stink of garlic... never sandwiches or hamburguers or anything with sauces (if you are messy) or anything with lettuce, one never knows... I think that pasta and steak are great...

And of course never pushing, always funny, a little bit cocky, showing self-confidence, and NEVER lying (it really doesn't last long), blah, blah, yadda, yadda dam... to get Her interested in you. To Generate Attraction.

but the thing here was to know what was in a chick's mind... not counseling me... =.=;;
Munan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, you might want to look for a forum with more regular female posters, then.

Also, I would never date a girl who considers theme parks a good idea for a date. But that - of course - is a matter of personal taste.
hypnosys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think so?
Munan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just not my thing, theme parks.

Dating, for me, is something that should be done with class. Dinner in a nice restaurant (I don't agree with the "you can't talk when you're stuffing yourself" reasoning - if you know your table manners, that's not a problem). Going to an interesting movie. Lounging in a nice bar.

This is the stuff I do still when I enjoy a night on the town with my female colleagues (I don't have any male colleagues, strangely enough, but I guess it would be very much the same) and I know they love it.

Another very good idea in summer: prepare some nice cold dishes, like a tuna salad, middle eastern or Italian sidedishes, assorted olives etc., take a bottle of rosé or red wine (good wine - let yourself be advised if you don't know which one to choose) and a blanket and take your girl to a nice park for a picknick. Don't take a ghettoblaster, just enjoy the summer in the park. I know my girl still likes it when she gets home from work and I take her to the park.

In winter, you can just invite her over and prepare a nice five course dinner (appetizer, soup, main course, desert, drinks afterwards) for her, dress the table in a fancy style (candles, flowers, nicely folded napkins etc.), put some nice jazz music on (or better yet, find out what her favourite music is). Again, my girlfriend and any female friend I have love it when I do this. If you still live with your parents, ask them if you can do this on an evening when both your parents are out.

It is something out of the ordinary, surprising, something that clearly shows you like putting effort in giving her a nice time.
hypnosys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, we've got some class there... yeah... I'd do that in 10 years...
I think that your style could be a little too much for a 20 years old guy, specially seeing how's the youth nowdays...

*sigh*, believe me, I'd love to do that
Munan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, really, I've been doing that since I was 16 and I had an 18 years old girlfriend. I simply refuse to believe there's a single woman in this world who would not like this for a date.
AmberEyez_Proclaims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good first date would possibly reflect on what ever brought up the idea for a date in the first place... the park picnic is good, always fun - and if there's an event going on, free concert or whatever, that's also fun. Theme park is a great idea if it's close by (no driving 3 hours to go to a clonepark) if it's agreed on first. No surprises..... Dinner or nibblybits like a tapas place that's casual. A thought - don't push for constant conversation. Sometimes a well-placed quiet moment is much more communicative than a babbled hour of nonsense.
A sense of fun is important to me - if a guy doesn't have a sense of humor or an appreciation of the absurd, he's toast.
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmberEyez wrote:
A thought - don't push for constant conversation. Sometimes a well-placed quiet moment is much more communicative than a babbled hour of nonsense.

Oh, definitely. Almost as important as a sense of humour is to know when to enjoy a moment of silence together. Few people have a firm grasp on this taoistic ability.
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:

Oh, definitely. Almost as important as a sense of humour is to know when to enjoy a moment of silence together. Few people have a firm grasp on this taoistic ability.

it doesn't work with me. i'm incapable of pretending to be enjoying a moment of silence. you can always tell that i simply don't have much to say, or even worse, don't feel like talking to a said person.
you really wouldn't call me a sociable type.
hypnosys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:

take a bottle of rosé or red wine (good wine - let yourself be advised if you don't know which one to choose)

Munan wrote:
No, really, I've been doing that since I was 16 and I had an 18 years old girlfriend. I simply refuse to believe there's a single woman in this world who would not like this for a date.

Have you been drinking nice rose/red wines since you were 16?
Do your parents know about this?...

anyway, what year was it when you were 16? I know it sounds romantic and mellow, but I cant help imagining The Ingalls Family...
Smiley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hypnosys"]
Munan wrote:

Have you been drinking nice rose/red wines since you were 16?
Do your parents know about this?

You do realize that this is not that uncommon in Europe, right?
hypnosys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither in my country... and considering that Munra knows how to cook, maybe sewing too... I guess he is swedish, right?
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to cook almost always impresses a girl. But for a first date it just seems you're trying too hard. And going to the amusement park is an all day thing, what if you find out you're not that interested, you'll still have to spend the day together.
The ideal date should probably last 2 or 3 hours where you try your best not to say something stupid. A light dinner and maybe something a little silly like mini-golf or find a place that specializes in desserts.
Munan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nobody said this is a first date. Anyway, I would only date people I already knew a bit, from work, or having mutual friends, hanging out at the same bar etc. So it's fine for a first date for me.

Anyway, yes, I did drink the occasional glass of wine when I was 16 (in 1993) and my parents knew about this. While on holiday in France we would go to wine cellars to taste wines, so I can discriminate between kinds of wine as well.

And yes, I can sew (don't know what that has to do with this). I'm from Holland, though, Indonesian from father's side. My Indonesian family is quite malechauvinistic, but it is a trace I have not inherited.

Anyway, most macho men like to cook.

@Baconnegs: that sounds cool, although maybe a bit too much like something people do on their first dates in romantic comedies... And I hate those.

Last edited by Munan on Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must mean I'm totally not macho...

Anyhoo... I've been thinking about asking this girl I know out to the movies... I've got two coupon thingies so we can go for free... as in, I pay for her... something... think it's a good idea?

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could've sworn i saw "first" date. my mistake
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Munan! You're so Romantic! I wish my boyfriend would cook for me and stuff...When ever he's over I always try to cook for him and he wouldn't let me...I and I can cook my ass off when I want to. I make a mean Chicken Alfredo. *sigh* What should I do to get him to open up to me a little more? I would like for him to see me a someone he could come home to, and have a cooked meal waiting for him. Munan you're the master at this kind of stuff...what do I do?

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him what you wrote down here. He'd be an insensitive fuck if he wouldn't change his behaviour somewhat after you tell him this.

If he doesn't change, start wondering seriously if he's worth your effort.

Lol, I enjoy doint this. Should start a thread in which I answer romantic problems, like:

"Dear Munan, my girlfriend is always reading those mags in which they talk about the perfect man and then she wants to change me. What to do?
- Confused in Soho -"

"Dear Confused in Soho,
I know it can be difficult in these times, when it's metrosexual one day and übersexual the other day what our women expect from us. Anyway, just start acting and talking like Justin Timberland in his latest video and you'll be fine."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: