Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
AVP 2?
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should they base the next AVP movie on?
A continuation of the story in AVP
45%
 45%  [ 15 ]
The original graphic novel or S. Perry's Prey
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
A completely original story (elaborate?)
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 33

Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: AVP 2? Reply with quote

Okay, guys, now that AVP 2 has been greenlighted, what do you want to see, storywise? I know we all want less talk, more battles and a better budget, but how should it be written? Do you want to see what happens to Lex after she escapes the pyramid, what becomes of the Predalien? Do you want to see Machiko and Dachande on the big screen at long last? Do you have a way cooler idea for a movie? Distant past, Company future? Tell us!

Still internet married to Tripper.
ConnMan8D

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we have the first AvP movie, I think the producers would probably get the best G.P. (general public) reaction from continuing the story they started. And if they do a better job in the second than they did in the first, it should be fine.

Things I'd like to see:

-the Predalien going totally badass
-I think if they handle it right, Lex could sort of become a new Ripley or something.
-a more populated area for a setting (more hosts, more aliens, big fun)
-some Weyland-Yutani Company history (maybe where the Yutani part originates)
-perhaps even a big tie-in to what is to come later on (timeline-wise) in the movie Alien
-it might be interesting to perhaps see something about to happen on LV-426 at the very end, although that may prove impossible, since LV-426 is not really habitable until the terraformers work on it in Aliens, and even then, the word habitable is a bit of a stretch, but it would make a neat segue into either Alien or a possible AvP 3, and might do some explaining (beyond what is in the novels) about why that ship is on LV-426 (in a more accessible form for those members of the [troublingly apparent majority of the] public who don't acknowledge the existence of books)

I don't know, just me running my mouth (figuratively, of course since I'm not actually talking while I type).
bono_chick

Location: Melbourne, Australia. Or so I'm lead to believe....

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'd prefer to see a new storyline but they (the story writers of AVP) have basically left themselves with no choice. The whole last 5 mins or so of AVP was virtually geared towards setting the scene for a sequel. For that storyline not to be continued would be a bit bizarre plus it would definantly disappoint too many. With a new director and more time focused on the aliens and preds, instead of a bunch of dimwitted, macho, cliched humans stumbling around a dark, claustrophobic set for the half the film, they should be able to pull it off.

As much as I would love to S.Perry's 'Prey' adapted to film I guess I wouldn't be alone in maybe feeling disappointed with the finished product. I must admit I was slightly disappointed with the comic book adaptation; as good as it was I couldn't help but feel cheated due to some of the scenes from the book missing, dialogue changed, plus how the characters were represented. I guess 'Prey' is one of those books that, no matter how well it is adapted to film, it will never be able to please everyone. But I could be mistaken.....
slippy666

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want a new set of characters .... and hundreds of pred and aliens with lots of mayhem ... story has to tie in the relationship between the pred and the aliens origins and relations ships ... of course they have to introduce the "pred alien" from the end of AVP

I doubt it could happen as fast as it could, but maybe a distress call, to another pred ship just before the entire ship was over run with PredAliens, ya know the ending of AVP duh, and that ship comes crahing back to earth, i guess so the other pred ship can find it .... the rest endures
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I seriously doubt that one PredAlien chestburster would stand any more chance than a cockroach in a ship full of highly skilled Elder Preds. But we'll have to see, I suppose.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Bounty

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like something that involved the colonial marines
I am SO going to Hell...
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a predalien in a predator ship is like a mouse in a cat club. and sure, i would also like to see some marine kicking-butt-and-get-butt-kicked. we've been fighting those guys too long in AvP and AvP II.
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about the predalien not making it against a ship full of elders, but...My movie senses are tingling and I'm thinking they're gonna do something stupid like have it slaughter the whole ship. I just have that feeling that the initial twenty minuets are gonna piss me off.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, you never know, InvaderJess. let's look at the first movie Alien for example. one xenomorph slaughtered the entire crew. except Ripley, of course, because as Aramor says:

Quote:
Ripley is born.
Xeno is fucked.

Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree that head-on a predalien wouldn't stand much chance against experienced Hunters, but let's say they didn't know it was there. If it had the element of suprise, it might be able to do some damage and possibly even breed before they got it. Assuming it's capable of reproduction. I have no idea whether a predalien would be able to breed at all, much less spontaneously turn into a female and reproduce hermaphroditically, and then my head exploded. Whooo.

Still internet married to Tripper.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this, teh predalien is about as badass as teh ones from teh game, so the clsoe quarters inside the ship would make it a slaughterhouse made for preds. Eventually the predalien would turn into a queen like the one in the last pred mission in AVP: Exctinction. SO that covers the idea of hundreds of predaliens taking over the ship. As for the elders.... i think a predalien is more than a match for an old gook like them. The only chance they have is with the plasma pistol from AVP2, the one from teh original game wasn't that bad but it took several shots to kill predaliens and only one shot to kill the regular drones. as for the adaptation of s.d.perry's novel, i would like to see that, both of them and the mid sequel thing that the other guy wrote... i think i am overly obsessed with aliens and halo and star wars and lightsabers.... or maybe it's jsut my photographic memory... Shocked
some random guest

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want something with predaliens, but I doubt it would be good if they used the end of the first film as the template for the whole second AVP movie.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got that right. i seriously doubt that predalien will be that lucky against a party of predators. and already, people are hating the part of avp, where the alien frags two preds Shocked

sorry, i dun really remember their nicknames. i remember cletic, grid, scar...
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
How about this, teh predalien is about as badass as teh ones from teh game, so the clsoe quarters inside the ship would make it a slaughterhouse made for preds. Eventually the predalien would turn into a queen like the one in the last pred mission in AVP: Exctinction. SO that covers the idea of hundreds of predaliens taking over the ship. As for the elders.... i think a predalien is more than a match for an old gook like them. The only chance they have is with the plasma pistol from AVP2, the one from teh original game wasn't that bad but it took several shots to kill predaliens and only one shot to kill the regular drones. as for the adaptation of s.d.perry's novel, i would like to see that, both of them and the mid sequel thing that the other guy wrote... i think i am overly obsessed with aliens and halo and star wars and lightsabers.... or maybe it's jsut my photographic memory... Shocked

I think not. Elder Preds are the most skilled of all Predators, and are hardly past their prime. Plus, there's no suggestion that this particular chestburster came from a queen facehugger. I seriously doubt a ship that advanced won't have some manner of monitoring system to keep it from being overrun by Aliens, especially given the Preds' predisposition to Alien-hunting.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The facehugger doesn't have to be a queen facehugger, it just transforms if there is no queen egg to throw at someone. Just like in the games, no aliens? you got yourself a queen... a PREDQUEEN *gasp*!
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, even if that is the case, even HUMANS have security cameras in most of our high-importance buildings. Why wouldn't the Preds, if there was a high risk of having potential Alien infestations?

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
Hmm, even if that is the case, even HUMANS have security cameras in most of our high-importance buildings. Why wouldn't the Preds, if there was a high risk of having potential Alien infestations?

ever heard that aliens usualy DONT use the corridor?

they use the vents Razz

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might capture the predalien, set it up on a remote planet, then send a couple of punk kids out to kill it. We've had plenty of evidence that the harvest and breeding of xenos is a common practice in Yautja culture, and I'll bet a Predalien is big game for them. Hell, they might not even give it over to some punk kids; something like that might be a hunting trip for a trio of experienced Preds. Then the navy shows up and Batman teams up with Bill and Ted to capture the Terminator so he can kill the aliens. The end.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
They might capture the predalien, set it up on a remote planet, then send a couple of punk kids out to kill it. We've had plenty of evidence that the harvest and breeding of xenos is a common practice in Yautja culture, and I'll bet a Predalien is big game for them. Hell, they might not even give it over to some punk kids; something like that might be a hunting trip for a trio of experienced Preds. Then the navy shows up and Batman teams up with Bill and Ted to capture the Terminator so he can kill the aliens. The end.

Now, that I could live with. They should definately go with that one.
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should make an Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Tremors vs Langoliers vs Gremlins vs Ktulu vs Ripley vs Nocturnal Hammerheads vs Jason vs Freddy.

And the subtitle should be: Whoever wins... there'll probably be another sequel where we'll again not lose.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't this already come up in another topic, or am I losing my mind....
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're my secretary... you tell me.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
InvaderJess

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.
Raziel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Hmm... Reply with quote

I think that it should comtinue on from the first movie:

-Alien queen survives from first movie; its not like a bit of water is gonna kill her.
-she fetches up somewhere densely populated area (like New York) and builds a nest in the sewers and soon plenty of mysterious "disappearances" begin to happen
-Meanwhile, the predalien burster finds some wiring on the pred ship and has a nibble. The ship malfunctions and the predators are forced to land back on Earth near NY
-So you have a big city with a crap-load of aliens, elder preds, and humans in; from there pretty much anything can happen. (throw in marines, Weyland-Yutani, Lex, and Predalien to taste)
YAUJTA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's what I think (after reading what's been posted)

-Predalien nails the predators (i'm not happy bout it either Confused ) and crashes the ship in a conviently populated city eg NY as mentioned earlier.
-weyland and yutani resently formed when yutani bought into the company after the death of the Weyland and siezes the ship.(This would introduces the concept of Weyland Yutani company)
-Predators who recieve the distress call from the ship head to reclaim the ship.
-Meanwhile the Predalien has escaped the wreckage and yes you guessed it set up a nest (I don't know whether this is possible but after AVP 1 i think they could get away with breaking the rules, i mean look at the gestation period for the aliens).

anyway that's my quick film plot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: