Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
T-shirt design requests?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: T-shirt design requests? Reply with quote

I'm considering moving away from cafepress and getting a run of t-shirts printed to offer to you guys. I was wondering what kind of design(s) you'd like to see on 'em? Note that I had to avoid showing actual images of Abe & Preston with cafepress but if I go with a different t-shirt printer I'll have more freedom.

Check out the existing designs I have up in my cafepress store to see what I got now. One thing I know that's been requested in the past is a shirt with the If You See Something comic on it. Are there any other episodes you think would work? Any gags that might stand by themselves and make a good shirt? An aLp logo? A line of dialogue even?

Oh yeah, and I'd make sure black shirts are an option.

Thanks
Ipsa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like the "Your mom likes it rough from this turnstile" shirt. Maybe the Yanks sign Jesus news page? Hm.
AmberEyez_Proclaims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 'if you see something' is great t-shirt material (heh)
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ipsa wrote:
I still like the "Your mom likes it rough from this turnstile" shirt. Maybe the Yanks sign Jesus news page? Hm.

Most definitely
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWOOSH! DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA POWER TO TURN RED LIGHTS GREEN!!

SHAZAMM!!! PUH! PUH! PUH! PUH! POWER OF ATTORNEY!
banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Abe & Preston '08 myself.

I get the "if you see something" thing I think: It is an exhortation for New Yorkers not to ignore it when someone does something illegal in the subway, as a method of making them safer/less unpleasant, yes? And the joke, therefore, is Abe seeing the girl leaning over, admiring her ass, and therefore saying something to Preston, yes?

But the "Your mother likes it rough from this turnstile" joke completely eludes me.

Anyway, I would probably only get one aLp t-shirt, and at this point Abe & Preston '08 on black is the front-runner.

I will look through the archives in the next day or so and see if I notice anything else.

What if the 4th dimension became lava? You could map our physical location with the coordinates: X, Y, Z, and ARRRRG SO HOT, IT'S SO HOT
- Chloeee
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

complexnumbers wrote:
But the "Your mother likes it rough from this turnstile" joke completely eludes me.

o_O
(Clickey)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the possible Preston iPod comic would be a good one.

Maybe a shot with a silouhette of all the major characters and something snazzy on the back.
banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
complexnumbers wrote:

o_O
(Clickey)

I get it now.

But for me to wear it, it would have to contain the entire bit, not just the message like the cafepress shirt.

Just sayin'.

------------------------

OK, here are the results of my perusal of the archive, beginning with episode #1:

As stated previously and elsewhere, episode #80, If you see something, say something

Episode #89, A cross section

The last two panels of episode #144 (gross!), Underground Mall

The last panel of episode #145, Ma's Date

The fourth panel of episode #151, Happy Halloween

As stated prevously, episode #159, What Preston Got for Xmas

I would say, the last two panels of episode #166, Guest comic by David Malki, except it wasn't done by Bernie, so, let's not.

Panels six, seven, and eight from episode #181, Jesus Christ Superstar, the episode that led me to join the forums, the sabr-geek stuff

The entirety of episode #185, Alien season, Predator season This episode is, IMO, the best episode for explicating the personalitites of, and relationship between, Abe and Preston. The only problem I see with putting this on t-shirt is the length of time necessary for a non-aLp-afficionado to read and understand what is on the shirt. Other than that, this is the t-shirt I would want the most. Not only the personality/relationship part, but also the Old Skool Bugs/Daffy part.

So, there are my ideas, for whatever they are worth. Assuming I am not too late already anyway =D.

What if the 4th dimension became lava? You could map our physical location with the coordinates: X, Y, Z, and ARRRRG SO HOT, IT'S SO HOT
- Chloeee
Army of Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the ALP logo from the top of the site would be perfect; not too large and in your face, and simple enough for even a non ALP reader to get. This, and the website address and 'online comic' printed underneath on a couple of lines would make the perfect T-shirt, in black of white.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> aLp All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: