Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Things you hate on the Subway.
    page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daffy D spelled Muhammed wrong...And Graffiti. I happen to love looking at graffiti. When its actual art. Like when I take the 7 train going towards the city and I see this huge building with graffiti all over it. But its Art. Its tagging. And I think personally, when you could tell that the person has an artistic eye and isn't just trying to write their name all over the place, its beautiful. And I makes me feel like this is "New York City." Its so urban. And so cool. And I think thats why people want to move to New York, to be surrounded by that urban cool.

Oh well. I hate sitting next to smelly people on the train. The little asian people selling batteries and stuff...they're just trying to make a living like all of us. Would you rather them work in sweatshops all their lives only to make $3.75 an hour for working 16 hour shifts, with no workers comp. In some unknown place in China town?

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Munan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agreed, graffitti can be really nice, really really nice. I actually think I know ehich building you mean, my girlfriend took a picture of it. But it's been quite a while since my last visit to New York.

Also, those people preaching about Jesus and Muhammed - we have them in Amsterdam as well. If you look upon it in a more relaxed way, they provide a kind of onboard entertainment, don't they?

What I really hate on the subway is these kids, young punks shouting and strutting and generally being pathetic in an almost - but not really - aggressive way. They always sit in the back of the cart and they always are way too present, shouting to girls etc.
Complex_Number_States
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Flyover Country we don't have subways. We all have cars. It is so much more efficient for each individual to have a ton of steel to move around whenever they go somewhere.

But see, our cities grew up with cars, so they don't know any other way.

I did ride the Metro in DC back in 1977. It seemed new, although I don't remember if it actually was new. Anyway, it was clean and kind of cool. Cool to a 15-year-old kid from Flyover Country.

I have a very nice car that gets pretty good gas mileage. But most drivers have little or no idea what they are doing.

There are those who drive with courtesy and with competence. Then there are the other 95%.

Sometimes I think I should be teaching Driver Ed. instead of math. Razz

Cycoclops wrote:
Do you have ADD?

You say that like it's a bad thing...

What if the 4th dimension became lava? You could map our physical location with the coordinates: X, Y, Z, and ARRRRG SO HOT, IT'S SO HOT
- Chloeee
Alternate Spideygal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! I think I have ADD! Hey ComNum's have you ever been in NYC?

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RedWhiteBLue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Five Pointz Reply with quote

Spideygirl_Conveys wrote:
Daffy D spelled Muhammed wrong...And Graffiti. I happen to love looking at graffiti. When its actual art. Like when I take the 7 train going towards the city and I see this huge building with graffiti all over it. But its Art.

The big building covered in art, thats Five Pointz, it's run by a man name "Meres" i did the website for it, it can be found at www.5ptz.com the intro will be put up once again, very soon, im from Corona queens, right by the lemon ice king, and the unisphere, i work in the Diamond district, was born, and lived here all eightteen years of my life, and come to think of it, ive never left new york, not even to NJ, kinda sad, but who the hell has a reason to leave NY anyway? =D

also i just found this comic, and i took it apon myself to take 4 hours to read evry single one in a single sitting, very nice work guys! =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> NYC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: