Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Justice League

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khushi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: The Justice League Reply with quote

who is hawk girl?? she was never part of the original league.. was she? why did the animators of that cartoon network show put her in there?

she's weird. i don't know. i like batman more than anyone of them.

i'm such a geek.

Moved-Blaster
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Justice League Reply with quote

Khushi wrote:
i'm such a geek.

And that's why we love you Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comics continuity is a convoluted mess. There is currently a Hawkgirl, but the one from the TV series is based on an older incarnation of the character. In the comics she became Hawkwoman. Spoiler:
Oh, and she died recently in the Rann-Thanagar war.

There's two short biographies on wikipedia. The Hawkman one is more useful. If you like the Justice League show then watch it as a seperate entity. It exists in it's own little universe.

Khushi wrote:
i'm such a geek.

Aramor wrote:
And that's why we love you

Let me just second what Aramor said. Geeks rule. Also you cannot possibly be as geeky as me, so take comfort in that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the weirdest thing about the hawkgirl is that they try to hook her up with john stewart. and this is so unlike him, he was always this silent solitude-loving kind of hero. this will only get him soft.
Pieh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she looks dumb. Hehe, MACE!
Sev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkman was a founding member of the Justice League. They changed things around, and it's a good thing. Having a second charter member of the JLA makes things much more interesting, cause having Wonder Woman with a bunch of guys around doesn't make the team dynamic as interesting or fun.

Another big change is John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan, and Wally West instead of Barry Allen. John Stewart is the third Green Lantern and Wally West is also the third Flash. They also changed around John Stewart's history as an architect to a former member of the US Marine Corps.

My only gripe with the show is how they wussified Superman. He gets knocked around as easily as Wonder Woman. And when the JLA get attacked as a grouop, for some reason everyone suffers the same damage. Ergo, why does a big laser that makes Superman get smashed backwards and scream out in pain not outright kill Batman?
helmet boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full metal panic is WAY better.
HeX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sev"]
Another big change is John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan, and Wally West instead of Barry Allen. John Stewart is the third Green Lantern and Wally West is also the third Flash. They also changed around John Stewart's history as an architect to a former member of the US Marine Corps.
[quote]

Personally, I think they should have used Kyle Rayner because, y'know, HE'S TECHNECALLY THE MOST POWERFUL GREEN LANTERN THERE IS!!!!
True story
Sev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause he became Ion?

Hal Jordan became the right-hand of God after going crazy, killing 80% of the Green Lantern Corps and giving up his life to save the solar system.
HeX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sev wrote:
Cause he became Ion?

After Hal Jordan became Parellex and killed must of the lanturns, Kyle Rayner was the became like, leader of the new lanturns. (I swear to god I heard about this somewhere) Anyway, maybe I just like Rayner better so neah!
Sev

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Kyle Rayner is also the youngest Green Lantern. The John Stewart in JLA is basically a black Hal, cause in the comics Hal is the most conservative of all the Lanterns with the most "black and white" sense of morality and justice. They take this theme further by infusing ideas of honor and integrity through JLA John's long service in the USMC.
HeX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, just about every major hero has lost it some point or an other (Expect for Blue Beetle who kicked ass until the bitter end).
I'm looking at you Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Superman and Jason Todd Twisted Evil

I should probably start reading Ion but the local comic shop absolutly sucks.
Blue Beetle to the end!!!!!!!!!
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching up on a lot of posts, and I'm tired, so I'm gonna ramble. You have been warned. Smile

I was just bummed that they didn't use Kyle for JL Animated since he was the GL they introduced on the Superman animated series. That, and I do love the Kyle. At least he got a brief cameo along with many other GLs.

And while Kyle might be the youngest, he is also the most powerful. He's the only GL who -never- had the yellow weakness. He single-handedly recreated the corps. Heck, if I remember the first Ion story properly, he even recreated Oa and the Oans. And (so far), he's the only one who hasn't snapped under the stresses of weilding that much power. He might have gone a bit overboard as Ion the first time around, but he didn't crack.

As for the rest of the league on JLAnimated...well, Wally has been The Flash in the comics for going on 20 years now? And Hal died a decade ago. I was much more surprised it was Jon over Kyle than Jon over Hal. And according to animated continuity, Kyle was the first GL from Earth. As stated in Superman. But I digress.

Just picked up the first issue of Ion today. Haven't had time to read it yet. I think I'll go do that now, in fact.
HeX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinitra wrote:
Catching up on a lot of posts, and I'm tired, so I'm gonna ramble. You have been warned. Smile

I was just bummed that they didn't use Kyle for JL Animated since he was the GL they introduced on the Superman animated series. That, and I do love the Kyle. At least he got a brief cameo along with many other GLs.

And while Kyle might be the youngest, he is also the most powerful. He's the only GL who -never- had the yellow weakness. He single-handedly recreated the corps. Heck, if I remember the first Ion story properly, he even recreated Oa and the Oans. And (so far), he's the only one who hasn't snapped under the stresses of weilding that much power. He might have gone a bit overboard as Ion the first time around, but he didn't crack.

THATS what I'm talking about. Kyle all the way
afallendevil

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the cartoon series they made Doomsday look like a big wuss and changed his origin story! Dammit!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as HawkGirl is conserned...she only got added so Wonder Woman wouldnt be the only female character......lets be honest if they put another guy it would be a huge sausage fest...I wouldnt wana be apart of this team.....me and a bunch othe other guys fightin crime in spandex......thank u not, give me at least 2 female partners.... thank god for JL Unlimited.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: