Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Intel Macs, I don't get it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Intel Macs, I don't get it Reply with quote

Am I insane and the only person that sees this? The Apple people are making a big deal that Macs can now dual boot XP, and that games run 20% faster under Windows. With the switch over to Intel CPUs, basically 90% of the hardware being used was initially designed for PC. Isn't this just proving that a typical PC will perform better than a mac?
Really there is no difference hardware wise now. And PC's will always have the bleeding edge in terms of hardware advances. Mac people are just willing to pay double the price for it and they're not even expandable or upgradable.

Its like when the iShuffle first came out, they made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world that it didn't have a display. "Randomize your life!" or some shit. Thats what I hate about apple, the way they spin things. And that their users are annoying pricks.
siliconsara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Intel Macs, I don't get it Reply with quote

BaconNeggs wrote:
Am I insane and the only person that sees this? The Apple people are making a big deal that Macs can now dual boot XP, and that games run 20% faster under Windows. With the switch over to Intel CPUs, basically 90% of the hardware being used was initially designed for PC. Isn't this just proving that a typical PC will perform better than a mac?
Really there is no difference hardware wise now. And PC's will always have the bleeding edge in terms of hardware advances. Mac people are just willing to pay double the price for it and they're not even expandable or upgradable.

Its like when the iShuffle first came out, they made it seem like it was the greatest thing in the world that it didn't have a display. "Randomize your life!" or some shit. Thats what I hate about apple, the way they spin things. And that their users are annoying pricks.

No, you arn't alone. About 70% of the geeky blogsphere have blogged about it for days on end and it's all I have been seeing on blogs when I am working on my own. And you are right, it just goes to show that PC platforms and setups can work better than a vanilla Mac installation. Obviously, the blinded Apple peoples (i.e. blog geeks) just see the outside of this situation. It shows that Windows is very versatile and when enhanced by different hardware, it can out-perform Macs.

What can I say? I'm a Windows fangirl. I'd take a bullet for Gates himself if he asked me to....err, for Windows Vista of course (and, err, if I survive. The only condition is that I am only allowing it to be taken in my marmalade thighs). ;P
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even a huge fan of windows, its just that I've never found macs to be a compelling user experience. For six years I've been a multimedia designer using both platforms and don't get the hyper orgasm mac fanatics get every time they touch the machine.
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my sentiments, Neggs. I'm taking a multimedia course currently and I do not know why most of my lecturers prefer macs.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its brainwashing basically. If your teacher comes from a graphic design background they've been told macs are better for artists their entire life. Even nowadays alot of artists aren't computer savvy before getting into college so the professor will tell them to get a mac and its natural to trust the advice of your teacher.

I remember taking a basic graphic design class where the prof told us to throw away our PCs at home. Meanwhile I , who's never touched a mac, am the one fixing all the technical problems like reseting the printer etc. People asked for my help more than the teachers.
Marlbro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Macs...urghhh Reply with quote

I used to be a designer for a small company called Hallmark Cards.
As such I had to use a Mac for the digital artwork production, and to be honest I hated them with a passion.
I have always been a PC person, building my own several times (when PCs were harder to build). The thing I always hated about Macs was the self righteousness of the users...Whenever they got a magazine every article was, "Look at how much better Macs are compared to PCs".
I have always enjoyed the technical side of computers, so Macs don't float my boat.
As has been said before, “If you build a computer an idiot can use...idiots will use it"
If Macs have always been better, why do they need Intel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: