Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
If you could know about one event in the future...
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Married_Guy wrote:
Except sometimes seeing into the future causes what you see to happen, like you dieing may have actually been you on the chair, not just dying.

Just sometimes, huh?

Hehe.
Anti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing in a comic (2000AD, I'm sure it was) where this Celtic warrior-guy was told by the druids or somesuch hippy on the eve of a battle that he'd die in three days time.
"Bummer" he said...
"No, dude, totally cool, 'cos you'll be invincible in the battle" quoth the tree-hugger.
"Righteous" said the warrior.
So, he kicks a lot of ass on the battlefield, killing left and right, none can stand in his way. His own troops are bouyed by the fact he can't be killed in this battle.
Cue plot twist.
Some random no-mark enemy gets a lucky shot in, spear through the vitals. Seeing this, his own troops do a runner, cos the prophecy is proved false.
Except it isn't, cos the guy takes three freaking days to die in total agony of his stomach wound. Ouchee.

I'm sure that this sort of story appears elsewhere, but my frame of reference is comic books. Comiiiiics!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: