Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
the halo movie
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Frost: A film producer oversees the making of movies. The producer initiates, coordinates, supervises and controls matters such as raising funding, hiring key personnel, and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all phases of the filmmaking process from inception to completion of a project.

Gotta love Wikipedia Wink

And look, you can even make a link with a smily: Exclamation

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
helmet boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would they make a female SPARTAN when a male is better in every way anyway.
sorry to all you girls out there.
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the SPARTANS are 'recruited' (kidnapped) by the government at an early age, and the military chose the most athletic or fit of the children so that they'll grow even stronger. If they only took the boys, we would have like about half of them left, in fact if it were'nt for Linda058, John117(MC) would'nt even be alive.

Married to SpideyGirl.
amyltrer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rommel dunn wrote:
why would they make a female SPARTAN when a male is better in every way anyway. .

The genetics contradicts you. Besides, females have a more developed intelligence than males.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rommel: What happens every ~28 days? Flying cutting-boards, that's what! Lol jk.

There hasn't been any actual conclusive evidence that men are or would be superior to women for any military training or operations. Sure the strengths/weaknesses of both genders might be differnet, but there hasn't been any conclusive evidence that men are more succesful in combat than women.

Anyway, I resent that comment that female intelligence is more developed. That hasn't been declared, ever, and there is no evidence to support it. If you can give one worthy source to back up your claim, then I'll let it go. If you can't, I'll take it as an insult and you well forever feel the deep contempt of the Panda Shogun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amyltrer wrote:
The genetics contradicts you. Besides, females have a more developed intelligence than males.

If you agree to have sex with me whenever I go to Romania, I'll agree with you Razz

Just in case you didn't notice, that was supposed to be a joke... you know... women are smarter... and it's a smart thing to... uggh, nevermind...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Frost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rommel dunn wrote:
why would they make a female SPARTAN when a male is better in every way anyway.
sorry to all you girls out there.

When the women can run 60 kph, bend steel with their bare hands, and snipe a cricket off a mushroom 90 yards away, does it really fucking matter?

And also, thank you Aramor. Smile

P.s.- Does anyone else REALLY hope they do the first book? I mean, we've played the games already. Why repeat if you don't have to. The first book has all the backstory too. Also, it has plenty of action in it. Plenty. I want to see the final battle on reach. I want to see them training and getting their armor. I want to see something I've never seen before.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Sev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor the First wrote:
@Frost: A film producer oversees the making of movies. The producer initiates, coordinates, supervises and controls matters such as raising funding, hiring key personnel, and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all phases of the filmmaking process from inception to completion of a project.

Gotta love Wikipedia Wink

And look, you can even make a link with a smily: Exclamation

Basically, everyone in the movie is the producer's bitch, because without the producer there can be no movie at all. No cast, no crew and most importantly, no money. The producer has the most control over the entire movie than anyone else. If a director tries to make the movie one way and the producer doesn't like it, the director must change it or the producer will fire him and get a new one who'll listen to what he says.

Part of what kept the original Star Wars trilogy relatively pure until the Ewoks was George Lucas' producers and Steven Spielberg. They kept him from doing alot of ridiculous and crazy stuff... Which all made it into the Star Wars prequels, where Lucas pretty much did everything he wanted.

There are exceptions where alot of producers will turn a blind eye and have complete faith in the director (Quentin Tarantino is known for doing this), but overall, producers basically control the movie.

And I think they took on the girls mostly for roles like sniping and piloting. It's a proven fact women make better pilots overall than men. Women are better multitaskers and have a greater sense of depth perception.

As for the physical aspect.. Come on. Hands down, men win. There is no way you're gonna tell me the average girl is stronger than the average guy. It's ridiculous that we have different standards of military service for women and men today. I don't care what sex you are - if you aren't trained to perform at the level of what every male soldier is expected to perform, you should not be going off to war. It's unfair for you and everyone you're assigned with.
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... as long as the movie doesn't suck and they don't fuck up the plot.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Robot Chicken Koko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB.com says it's being directed by Guillermo de Toro, and considering his filmography (http://imdb.com/name/nm0868219/), let's hope they're wrong.

On the topic of women in combat: what's the difference between a seasoned war veteran who's a man, and one's who a woman. That is something I'd like to see. I can't imagine a woman retelling war stories to her five year old kids: "yeah, I uh, fucking impaled this uh enemy soldier with my bayonet while he was sleeping, and then I uh shot this other guy in his face with my handy dandy twelve gauge automatic shotgun, and in the next mission, I basically manned a machine gun, and you know how that goes. Huha, all while I was having my period." Wowza.
helmet boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
If you can give one worthy source to back up your claim, then I'll let it go. If you can't, I'll take it as an insult and you well forever feel the deep contempt of the Panda Shogun.

well thats what they have been teaching me in science. its said a woman is more mentaly stronger than a man but a man is stronger than a woman. its manyly back when everyone was only just starting to put on cloths, the men would be the hunters and protectors.
Frost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koko what are you talking about? Blade 2 and Hellboy are kickass movies?

Doesn't matter anyways. IMDB is never up to date. I think Del Toro is going to do Hellboy 2 instead of Halo.
-- Zapp Brannigan

Last edited by Frost on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
amyltrer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor the First wrote:
amyltrer wrote:

If you agree to have sex with me whenever I go to Romania, I'll agree with you Razz

Laughing That was the most amusing thing I ever read. Laughing It's also the most pathetic try to smite a girl. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resent that it was the most pathetic try to smite a girl... especially since it was in fact the most pathetic try to get laid... Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: