Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Do predators have actual names?
    page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Do predators have actual names? Reply with quote

I have a question. I know that some nerd created a Yautja spoken language and they even alphabetized the little symbols, but If the Predator's language consists of clicks and growls, how could they name each other? Do they distinguish each other by their clan symbols? Like "Oh! he has a "T" symbol on his head that means he's yadda yadda ya." And also there's a question of Individuality. How the Predators look, their individual looks like different eye color, muscular build, skin color, how long their "hair" is, etc. Do they distinguish each other that way? Also with Aliens. How does the mother know Who's who? Is there a certain scent each xeno have that the Queen is able to tell who is who? I just want to know...or atleast start a thread about it. I'm new here and I posted a few times on different topics. So now its my turn! ^_^ Thank you in advanced for responding!
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all frankness, I find your lack of insight rather distrubing. A language consisting of clicks and growls can still be jsut as advanced as human languages, it just uses different phonetics.

Predators do have a communal system very muich similiar to our own, including naming, individual heiarchy, etc. Also each Predator does have physical variations, but seeing as they're alien, they may use more than visual/auditory data to identify individuals.

About xenos. Nope, nada, zilch. They have no names or systemo f identification beyond the Pron and ALP variety xenos, except for rudiementary pheromones, which as I know only indicate type, age, and rank.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
In all frankness, I find your lack of insight rather distrubing. A language consisting of clicks and growls can still be jsut as advanced as human languages, it just uses different phonetics.


To back you up...arn't some African languages comprised of clicks and growls and grunts? Even a bit of Japanese is much like grunting.

Quote:

Predators do have a communal system very muich similiar to our own, including naming, individual heiarchy, etc. Also each Predator does have physical variations, but seeing as they're alien, they may use more than visual/auditory data to identify individuals.


Smell comes to mind...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't exactly think of smell, those small noses seem a tad bit underdeveloped. But then again, you may be right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I wouldn't exactly think of smell, those small noses seem a tad bit underdeveloped. But then again, you may be right.


Me and another pred-head are thinking of a combination of a sensory organ that a snake has (jacob's organ?) where that open mouth of theirs can be used to pick up scents and "taste" them much like a snake does. I also think they might have small nose pits like a snake as well on their snout. They would probably only be visible if he was sniffin' something that caught his attention...like apple pie, or used women's panties!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, now I have images of predators with panty-hose on thiers heads.

Anyway, true, we don't know much about the actually sensroy organs of a Predator, but let me try somthing:



No nostrils. Whatsoever. If he can smell then it's probably like a snake, as Sara said. Probably for a good reason too, would you like to have anose if your natural atmosphere consisted of cow fart?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
angelusraptor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 04 Apr 2005
Posts: 1699
Location: Singapore; with a cup of Premium Evil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's add that in most sci-fi fiction works, minions of the bugs species (Xenomorphs, Zergs from Starcraft, The bugs of Starship Troppers) seem to be under the control of some higher command (the Queen, the Overmind and fellow cerebrates, the Brain Bug). Because of their hive-mindedness, I don't think identity of a certain xenomorph is neccessary. I think.
_________________
Certified Evil Bastard. Serving your cuppa at Starbucks Terminal One Arrival Hall, Singapore. The one who started Premium Evil's tea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ain't sniffin' anything though in that pic! I'm talking a big whif, like "sniiiiiiiiif^2, sniffsniff. I smell sex in dem' hills of concrete!"

I would consider those pits as backup. Not really used for hunting and such whereas that smell organ in the mouth would be the main "nose".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used womens panties?! Sex?! o_o And Yes Simon I know that the clicks actually mean something. I just wish the movies let us hear more than just clicking you know? If they do have an actual language does it consist of mainly growls, roars, clicks and trills? And if it does whats the point of creating an yautja dictionary in english lettering? The Yautja can imitate the human language as you can see from Pred 1 and 2. [loved it when the predator from the second movie call Danny Glover a Motherfucka, funny as shit!] I just wonder if it would be benificial to them as hunters to be able to speak it and understand it. Just asking. Also with them not having a nose...maybe they have slits on their heads that you can't really see...or have them on the sides of their heads. Thats why mabey when they take off their masks they pull off air tubes from the top side of their heads and the low side. And btw I'm happy you responded! I would read other topics and what not and I liked to read your posts the most.

And also thank you for the insight Angelus! n_n
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey-mania wrote:
Used womens panties?! Sex?! o_o


If you got uptight about that, then you might want to close the window...or at least don't go in the pron thread.

Quote:
And Yes Simon I know that the clicks actually mean something. I just wish the movies let us hear more than just clicking you know? If they do have an actual language does it consist of mainly growls, roars, clicks and trills? And if it does whats the point of creating an yautja dictionary in english lettering?


There are actually many writing and speaking systems for certain cultures, human cultures, even. Not only do the Yautja seem to have a written and perhaps even verbal communication system, but they also use sign language in both the instinctual form (positions of the body, posturing, mandible positioning) as well as more mundane signs (like a version of our sign language).

Some fanfic writers write some Yautja characters as those who don't talk much versus the Yautja who are like growling/trilling/talking chatter boxes. There's so many options in their society for communicating that the persona of a Yautja character can be displayed by what method they prefer to use.

Quote:
And if it does whats the point of creating an yautja dictionary in english lettering?


That's most likely the phonetic use of their language. Like romanji is to Japanese: instead of using hiragana or katakana, they spell out the word in English to show the pronounciation for non-Japanese speakers.

Quote:

The Yautja can imitate the human language as you can see from Pred 1 and 2. [loved it when the predator from the second movie call Danny Glover a Motherfucka, funny as shit!] I just wonder if it would be benificial to them as hunters to be able to speak it and understand it.


And that's all it is, imitation. The same way a parrot may try to mimic human speech even though a parrot does not have lips (like a Yautja).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean anything wrong about the sex! I happen to really like going into the pron threads and go click on the links there...Pred/xeno sex...*shudders* But its all in good fun! Anywho...i kinda feel like everyones putting me down...I know I'm a n00b to this forum but damn...feels like no one wants me here plus I got a cold from Hell...but thank you anyways for the responses everyone! I like to hear what opinions others have about a topic. Thats why I even posted the question about the yautja lauguage. I feel like everyone has something to say but you just need the right push to get them to talk about it! oh well...*bows deeply* I would love to see if more people continue to talk about it and I want to see how deep this could go!



Btw S2 I just imagined a Yautja dressed like a Parrot in a cage with a little old lady next to him saying "Preddy wanna cracker?" And he's all like "SQUAWK!" XD
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey-mania wrote:
The Yautja can imitate the human language as you can see from Pred 1 and 2. [loved it when the predator from the second movie call Danny Glover a Motherfucka, funny as shit!] I just wonder if it would be benificial to them as hunters to be able to speak it and understand it.

If I remember correctly they were only able to speak with intense difficulty, with aid from thier mask computer. It was sorta like a parrot imitating the human voice or sound effects. They can only do it after practice, are still not extremely accurate, and probably don't get the message at all (they might know the basic idea, but not the literal meaning.)

Spidey-mania wrote:
Also with them not having a nose...maybe they have slits on their heads that you can't really see...or have them on the sides of their heads. Thats why mabey when they take off their masks they pull off air tubes from the top side of their heads and the low side.

Perhaps, but I always thought those tubes were connected to something on his shoulders. Need to watch the movie again to confirm.

Spidey-mania wrote:
Anywho...i kinda feel like everyones putting me down...I know I'm a n00b to this forum but damn...feels like no one wants me here plus I got a cold from Hell...

Woah woah woah. Slow down, when the hell did this happen? We're always happy to welcome to members into our midst. Unless those newcomers turn out to be complete closet-cases. Like silent!scream.

Spidey-mania wrote:
...but thank you anyways for the responses everyone! I like to hear what opinions others have about a topic. Thats why I even posted the question about the yautja lauguage. I feel like everyone has something to say but you just need the right push to get them to talk about it! oh well...*bows deeply* I would love to see if more people continue to talk about it and I want to see how deep this could go!

Lol, that is just how I made my start on the forum. Wise decision to bring up an intellectually stimulating question.

Spidey-mania wrote:
Btw S2 I just imagined a Yautja dressed like a Parrot in a cage with a little old lady next to him saying "Preddy wanna cracker?" And he's all like "SQUAWK!" XD

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey-mania wrote:
I didn't mean anything wrong about the sex! I happen to really like going into the pron threads and go click on the links there...Pred/xeno sex...*shudders* But its all in good fun! Anywho...i kinda feel like everyones putting me down...I know I'm a n00b to this forum but damn...feels like no one wants me here plus I got a cold from Hell...but thank you anyways for the responses everyone! I like to hear what opinions others have about a topic. Thats why I even posted the question about the yautja lauguage. I feel like everyone has something to say but you just need the right push to get them to talk about it! oh well...*bows deeply* I would love to see if more people continue to talk about it and I want to see how deep this could go!


Nah, we arn't giving you the cold shoulder (well, I speak for myself...I guess other people can speak up and agree). It seems that way, but don't take it seriously. The people who do take it seriously are usually the ones teased to oblivion.

When it comes to topics of Predator theory, I get kinda serious and a bit pushy, so like, as I said, don't take the attitude seriously. If I didn't like you I would probably just ignore you, and I wouldn't even be writing this to explain anything.


Quote:

Btw S2 I just imagined a Yautja dressed like a Parrot in a cage with a little old lady next to him saying "Preddy wanna cracker?" And he's all like "SQUAWK!" XD


I like the cage idea though. Put him on one of those stand-up cages and crack the whip..."dance my pritty! dance for mommy!" *snicker*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scream..? *lets out an earsplitting scream* lol. I'm doin as I'm told! oh and I think the tubes are connected to their back pack things.I'm going to assume that they have an air tank in there with their first aid kit. I'm guessing they breath air with lots of Nitrogen in it cause in Pred 1 and 2 its was during insanely hot and humid temperatures. I think thats why in AVP they have their manhood trials in Antarctica. Not only do they have to deal with those pesky Xenos but they're also in weather they couldn't breath well in. I think thats why Scar took off his mask in Avp cause the alien that knocked off his gun might have messed up his air tank...I'm just assuming that happened!

Anyways...


This is way off topic but don't you think that Predators would make bad ass basketball players..?*thinks about AvP when Scar pulled a Jordan in the end of the movie and caught the Queen in the head with his spear* I think it's just me being random and stupid. But Imagine...You go to a game and its a team full of predators trying to pass for human just so that they could play some ball with Shaq and Kobe. Lmao. XXD

And OMG S2!!! lol! I wanna see a predator in a Rap music video shaking his ass all over the place. I would give my life to see that. Honestly.
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey-mania wrote:


This is way off topic but don't you think that Predators would make bad ass basketball players..?*thinks about AvP when Scar pulled a Jordan in the end of the movie and caught the Queen in the head with his spear* I think it's just me being random and stupid. But Imagine...You go to a game and its a team full of predators trying to pass for human just so that they could play some ball with Shaq and Kobe. Lmao. XXD

And OMG S2!!! lol! I wanna see a predator in a Rap music video shaking his ass all over the place. I would give my life to see that. Honestly.


Actually, most, if not all of the actors who played Predators were in fact basketball players, excluding Kevin Hall, but he was still pretty damn tall. The LA Lakers played the group of Predators in P2 and Ian Whyte who played most of the main character Predators in AVP is a retired basketball player. The extras seen at the end of the movie were actually shorter than Whyte, but they used optical illusions to make them appear as tall as Whyte.

As for the rap thing, I think of that sometimes too. But I would rather see a Pred with his shirt off, wearing his pants riding down his ass while his boxer shorts are showin'. I know there's a pic on deviantART similar to that...with the slightly curved back and the "I'M SHOWIN' OFF MAH 6 PACK BITCH!" posture XD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And shaking marracas?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!! Thats soooo funny! With his mask on Rapping/clicking at the same time. And female predators shaking their asses next to giant war ships dressed like hootches. And the Warships got big ass spinner rims on the sides. XXXD I would die laughing if I seen that!!! A pred all up in the camera throwing skulls like its money. Moving to some Crunked out beat. With Lil'John in the background talkin bout, "Yeah!" God only knows what my insides would do...I would piss/shit/implode with laughter. And then I would die a happy person. I'm waiting for 106 and Park to have a new joint by Da Yautjas. XD Or better yet! Since they have dreadlocks, I wanna see them as rastas playing steel drums with huge blunts hanging off their mandibles. Talking about, "Ya mon! Pass the dutch right here mon! Me need me chronic!"

I'm going to get killed by Predator lovers everywhere...lol.
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
And shaking marracas?


Nooo, not that one...

Let me see if I can find it.

Quote:
OMG!!! Thats soooo funny! With his mask on Rapping/clicking at the same time. And female predators shaking their asses next to giant war ships dressed like hootches. And the Warships got big ass spinner rims on the sides. XXXD I would die laughing if I seen that!!! A pred all up in the camera throwing skulls like its money. Moving to some Crunked out beat. With Lil'John in the background talkin bout, "Yeah!" God only knows what my insides would do...I would piss/shit/implode with laughter. And then I would die a happy person. I'm waiting for 106 and Park to have a new joint by Da Yautjas. XD Or better yet! Since they have dreadlocks, I wanna see them as rastas playing steel drums with huge blunts hanging off their mandibles. Talking about, "Ya mon! Pass the dutch right here mon! Me need me chronic!"
I'm going to get killed by Predator lovers everywhere...lol.


Ohh, music video <3 the rappin' greats like Jay-Z and Dr. Dre would be jealous...even 2pac would rise out of his grave and go, "That Pred muthafucka got some skills, yo!"

Yeah, I'm a dumb white chick. Pity me *shifteyes*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey-mania wrote:
XD Or better yet! Since they have dreadlocks, I wanna see them as rastas playing steel drums with huge blunts hanging off their mandibles. Talking about, "Ya mon! Pass the dutch right here mon! Me need me chronic!"

WHERE BE MY NUCULAR BONG MON!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just sitting here laughing my ass off. lol. Oh my god, thats funny. Could you imagine if they had a beef with Fifty cent and Game? [I'm a big Rap listener, lol.] And they have a shoot out and the Preds kill Fifty and Game? All they have to do is cloak out and fly away! That would be beautiful! And as they leave they're all like "I thought I told that we won't stop! I thought I told you that we won't stop! Uh Un Uh!" lol or they give themselves away cause their pimped out cell phones start blasting Jay-Z on a hunt. That would suck! Especially if they let the song continue and they start to beat you up. I'd hate to get my ass beat to a soundtrack by a predator. XD
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol found it. Pred on the left. Includes topless chick for added badonkadonk factor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t!!! I'm loving them Pred abs!!! I wanna lick em...and the chiq needs to be bouncing her booty instead of her tittys, lol. But anywho! Predator abs!!!!!! omg!!!! *rapes!* Now all they need is a big ass car with a big ass grill and rims in the back ground and big ass necklaces all iced out swinging around their necks. With their clan symbols on it. That would be cool. Or gay. w/e! I'm just looking at their abs...I wonder..if having sex with a Yautja...is a form of beastiality...XP
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
siliconsara



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Location: Western NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey-mania wrote:
I wonder..if having sex with a Yautja...is a form of beastiality...XP


No, it wouldn't be. Beastiality is sex with another species that cannot think for itself. Predators on the otherhand, can obviously think for themselves.

I think I have added another drone for my hive of Xenophiles =) *witchy cackle*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alternate Spideygal



Gender: Gender:Female
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 3222
Location: Any where a friendly neighborhood Spider would be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Then let the human Yautja relations begin!!! w00t! I wonder if I go to some crazy hot place...they'll find me...with a shirt In yautja saying "I love Yautja!! Please rape me!!" Just a dream!
_________________

Married to Azrael.
Queen of Innuendo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Azrael



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 4810
Location: AWOL no more

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see why not, an advanced race surely would have names for the people.
_________________
Only the strongest will survive.

Married to SpideyGirl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group