Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
I have the worst job ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bounty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: I have the worst job ever Reply with quote

New update about my life in arizona; Currently, it sucks.

My mom and her business partner want me to deliver no less then 480 flyers to peoples homes per day until this tuesday, hopefully with a total count of 3000 by then. I have been on it since wednsday (the day AFTER my birthday, I might add - i didnt even get any presents and I had to remind them that it WAS my 19th) and have, in the last hour, been threatened being thrown out of the house if i dont: do landscaping, shovel dog shit (daily) take out garbage, unload dishes, watch both her dog AND mine, and do flyers. Garbage and dishes are a peice of cake, the dog crap is easy because its about 4 piles a day, but this landscaping and flyer things are crap. Landscaping means trimming hedges, mowing lawn, fertilizing and watering plants, yadda yadda yadda. I've been doing it for the last 3 days and my feet are being shredded apart.

The flyers are a different story. Today, I only did half what I was "supposed" to do: 214, even though I've done 4 subdivisions today, and 3 subdivisions the previous 2 days. My total count is, as of now, at least 1000. That means 1000 every 3 days, and I have 4 days left to hit my mark.

Now, tomorrow, I have to do 600 flyers to make up for my "slack" today. I have my permit, so I want to drive, but I cannot, seeing as how mommy dearest won't take me out unless I get the flyers done (yea, I'm 19 and don't know how to drive, thats because I've been to the dmv 4 times my entire life, and those 4 times where in the last 12 months).

Now, Tess (the woman we live with) is paying me $450 a month for these flyers (but I know I won't get that much... next month shes doubling my flyer count to 6000, but I have all month to do it). She says "In reality, i'm in fact giving you $900 a month, but you owe me $400 in rent and another $100 in food" (even though I buy my own edible substances).

Anyway, thats all for now. Maybe I should start my own live journal account.
I am SO going to Hell...
lives_with_aliens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

thats not as bad as my second job i have to pick up dog crap Sad
Bounty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, new update.

I'm only getting $150 this month. next month im getting 300. she lowered my check
I am SO going to Hell...
General Grievous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasihan betul... Pardon d Malay. I have a job that is lovely but life threatening. I collect venom samples from snakes! Cobras are the worst. Russel's Viper nearly got me once. Crappy thing bit thru the gunny sack where i had put it. Lucky my girlfriend( also a herpetologist) had enough sense to call the hospital. I killed the fucking snake after I recovered.

Click my sig!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, there comes a time in everyone's life when you just have to leave the nest, and for you that time may be now. Having been in your situation, I really recommend that you get a job where your mom isn't your boss. Fly free, little bird!

Once I decided that I couldn't live with my parents any more, I did a series of "entry-level" (scut) jobs. Worst was cleaning bloodhound slobber off the floor, walls, and CEILING of a woman who bred bloodhounds. Boy, can those dogs drool. Best, though, was working at one of those one-hour photo places. I got health insurance! Plus, on slow days, I could leaf through the photos and see who'd taken pictures of their ass. I would make 5x7 glossy prints of the best ones, and slip 'em in at no extra charge. Yes, I kept copies. Endlessly amusing. And easy to get work. If they want someone with previous experience, just tell them that you have it. Due to safety regulations, you have to watch a series of instructional videos anyway, and they'll tell you all you need to know. It ain't rocket science. If you show up regularly, on time, and not stoned, you will look like a god among photo guys.

Good luck.
J Cheever Loophole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: jobs... Reply with quote

Man, I used to have the best job ever! I could sit at the PC all day waiting for the new AlP. Now I'm out all day, and can't be there to get the updates when they happen! My life sucks...
Anti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: jobs... Reply with quote

J Cheever Loophole wrote:
Man, I used to have the best job ever! I could sit at the PC all day waiting for the new AlP. Now I'm out all day, and can't be there to get the updates when they happen! My life sucks...

Dearest J Cheapie Loobrush (did I spell that right?.. .you know how bad my spelling is)... I'm going to buy an A1 printer and print each comic out when it is loaded up, stick it up in the shop's front window, and you can drive past and read it.
You might have to drive past a few times though, cos.. you know... you do take a while to get the joke... Very Happy

Laters
Anti D'minty
J Cheever Loophole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: jobs... Reply with quote

Antidistinctlyminty wrote:
J Cheever Loophole wrote:

Dearest J Cheapie Loobrush (did I spell that right?.. .you know how bad my spelling is)... I'm going to buy an A1 printer and print each comic out when it is loaded up, stick it up in the shop's front window, and you can drive past and read it.
You might have to drive past a few times though, cos.. you know... you do take a while to get the joke... Very Happy

Laters
Anti D'minty

o my dear old nemesis auntie minty,
you seem to be under the impression that i might pay any attention to a word you mutter...
Never forget, I was the one who taught you that loafing at work was a good thing.
As for not getting stuff, I am very bright, my mum says I might be clever enough to get the Peanuts cartoons one day - AND THEY'RE MIND BOGGLING!!

See you on the other side xxx
l33td00d

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the Air Force and get the fuck outta that madhouse.

Or you can join the Army and I could actually give you advice on that, having some experience in that branch.
20xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work at carvel. I hate ice cream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: