Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Boondocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAATripper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: The Boondocks Reply with quote

Uberest comedy cartoon since Family Guy. Lots of racism, but if you;re a very accepting person then the cartoon wont bother you so much as it does some of my friends.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it says something that I laugh at it even though it makes me mad sometimes. I mean, it's extremely crazy leftist, which I sometimes have a problem with, but it does it in a very smart and clever way so that even moderates like me can get a kick out of it. And it's drawn really pretty, too. Unlike some things on Adult Swim. *cough* 12 Ounce Mouse *cough* Man, that shit is not funny enough to justify being so ugly.

Still internet married to Tripper.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 oz mouse suxorz like pr0n star. theres another one that i cant remember that was even worse, it was only on air for a few episodes.... which is probably as far as 12 oz mouse will get...

edit: now i remember, it was Minoriteam, which only aired one episode and got banned from the face of the earth.
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:

edit: now i remember, it was Minoriteam, which only aired one episode and got banned from the face of the earth.

Actually, just like "Lucy: Daughter of the Devil", I'm fairly certain Minoriteam was a test pilot. Unlike Lucy, it sucked ass through a straw. I hope it doesn't come back. Or, if it does, that they find someone who can actually draw to do the animation. Definitely one of those shows where the poor animation overshadows anything even remotely interesting or good about the show. Like, I can't even remember anything that happened. I just remember the shitty art.

They should save their money and stop producing shitty shows and put all that money into getting new episodes of Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken on the air.

Also not a fan of Boondocks. I think it's mostly the leftest tripe involved. Even the intelligence of it can't make it funny for me. But then, I wasn't a fan of the original comic either.
siliconsara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the Boondocks. I think they are trying too hard to be "hardcore". It's just like "Mind of Mencia". There's a lot of people trying to cash in on Chapelle's formula of "keeping it real". He did a great job of doing it and everyone else just seems like a poser.

I am a moderate Republican but I enjoy Chapelle's brand of humor. However, I didn't enjoy the Boondocks. There's nothing funny and I couldn't even chuckle. I could only watch it until the commercial break when I changed the channel to find something better on.
jazz1m

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron McGruder has always been like that though from his comics to this. I think it makes more sense to some people than others. For example, I'm a mix asian/white person, so a lot of the things they say aren't relavent to my experiences. I don't think that he's copying Chappelle at all. In fact, Chappelle was probably influenced by McGruder. The artist takes all of the current news and makes it so ridiculous that you're just like, what the hell, this can't be real, but it's kind of through this exaggeration that he hits his point home. But that's just my view.
siliconsara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. However, I find that Chapelle does it better than McGruder. Chapelle was the first to do it on television, especially when the entire show was centered around political incorrectness.

Is it just me or is the cartoon different than the comic strip? I remember enjoying the comic strip for a bit when it first came out, then I lost touch with the Sunday paper. Meh.
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I smell new shoes! AIN'T NEW ANY MORE! NIGGAW!"

Man this show is hilarious, and I do live in a black community, so I understrand what Aaron G. means.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, Minoriteam has 4 more episodes... and they'll probably suck as much as the first....

And the Boondocks just keeps getting better and better....
Smiley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mencia has been a hot comic with his own thing for over ten years. There are a lot of comics who riff on race but he does it better than anyone out there today. He's able to make fun of everyone without coming off tired and cliche.

Chapelle is funny but is a head case.

MacGruder has been at the mercy of newspaper censors for so long, it's refreshing that he's actually able to touch on subject matter that they wouldn't let him do. Cartoon Network has freed him of his chains. And I am a happier person for it. Also, he's from around here, so I'm proud of him.
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen ten episodes. Is there any more than that?

Anyway, it's amazing. Every episodes releases a quote that needs to be used.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten, really? I think I've caught maybe four. The Santa episode, the R. Kelly trial, the Grandad fight and the hooker one.
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all available on LimeWire.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have them on tape, I just haven't had a chance to watch them yet. I have a whole stack of baglogged Daily Shows, Colbert Reports, Robot Chickens and Boondocks. I tape the stuff and never find the time to watch it. Thanks goodness there's an Olympic break coming up and the NHL is on hold for two weeks. I might get caught up finally.
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advise watching them at any opportunity you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: