Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
question about AVP movie
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first of all, that PredAlien chestburster is one chestburster on a ship full of Elder Preds. It stands absolutely no chance whatsoever of survival.

The time thing is acceptable because this takes place 150 years before the first Alien movie. The humans in this case have not been frozen for several decades prior to impregnation, and are therefore probably healthier, therefore providing more food for the embryo, consequently resulting in faster chestbursting.

As far as the inexplicable number of Aliens go, I honestly don't have an answer, aside from the possibility that there were people at the base camp that wandered into the pyramid after the main party. But that just means more Predator versus Alien carnage, so I'm satisfied.

Grid's tail may be longer because Adele Rousseau has a mutation that results in an abnormally long coccyx, which is absorbed into the Alien physiology when he chestbursts. Okay, that's a long shot that I made up. Realistically, it could just be an aberration. Different Queen, different features, like Red ants and Black ants.

No, we cannot all agree that Anderson screwed up AvP. I was very satisfied with AvP, and thought that it was an overall very entertaining movie. Not a classic by any stretch of the word, but still a very good movie.

The DVD has the original ending. It rocks. Shocked

The Egg Room was definitely NOT the sacrificial chamber. The Egg Room was probably a random chamber developed as the central birthing room of the Hive that the Aliens constructed, something that probably shouldn't have happened to begin with, had the hunt gone as planned.

Okay, any other questions?
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
No, we cannot all agree that Anderson screwed up AvP. I was very satisfied with AvP, and thought that it was an overall very entertaining movie. Not a classic by any stretch of the word, but still a very good movie.

Glad somebody agrees with me. Very Happy No, it certainly wasn't great, but it was fun, and has some great moments as well. "Moses's DVD collection" is still one of the funnier movie lines I've heard.

Quote:
The DVD has the original ending. It rocks. Shocked

Wha? The DVD ending is different than the theatrical one? I know there's a new beginning, but I didn't notice any difference at the end. Share!

Still internet married to Tripper.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
Grid's tail may be longer because Adele Rousseau has a mutation that results in an abnormally long coccyx, which is absorbed into the Alien physiology when he chestbursts. Okay, that's a long shot that I made up. Realistically, it could just be an aberration. Different Queen, different features, like Red ants and Black ants.

The thing is, when Grid impales the first Pred on his tale, the tale is really, really long. But when he fights the other Pred (Celtic, right?) his tale is normal size. I mean, is it extendable? (It does kinda look like Octopus's arms, you know, the baddie from Spidey-Man 2...)

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, terribly sorry; I meant original beginning, sorry for the confusion. Perhaps a Freudian slip based on wishful thinking. Very Happy

The tail could very easily be extendable; there's certainly no evidence to suggest that it isn't, and it would be another reason why Aliens are one of the deadliest species in the universe. Either way, it looks pretty darn cool. Don't forget, also, that part of Grid's tail was severed during the battle, so it was shortened for most of the scene.

One of my favorite lines:

"Who taught you to translate?"
Funny; looked a lot like you."

or:

"How do you say 'scared ****less' in Italian?"
"Something something something something...more something, something, something...more or less."

Plus, the Elder Caped Pred has perhaps the coolest entrance and exit of any movie character ever conceived.
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap; coulda sworn I was logged in.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Aramor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non vedo l'ora di uscire da questo piramide con te, perché mi sto cagando adosso. More or less. Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, really? Cool.

Oh, and Scar's last Jump-Spin-Spear-Throw move on the Queen. SWEET.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Drone Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Holly is right. The movie isn't 100% true to Canon, but it was loads of fun, as will be AvP2. As to the apparent inconsistencies, they can all be resolved through the Anchorpoint Essays. My friends, if you have never heard of the Anchorpoint Essays, and you consider yourself a fan of Aliens, don't embarrass yourself by posting "wow, thanks for that link Drone Daddy, I never knew that even existed and have been a fan for a loooong time." I posted something similar before and I became a laughing stock. So, don't endure my humility. Just go to this link, and be enlightened. After the site was bought by a true fan, it grew into an impressive collection of real science, Alien Canon, and wonderful sci-fantasy. You'll thank me later when you can geek out these forums with your super-cool knowledge. And by cool, I mean totally sweet.

http://www.anchorpointessays.com/about.html
amyltrer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
RobinHood3000 wrote:

The thing is, when Grid impales the first Pred on his tale, the tale is really, really long. But when he fights the other Pred (Celtic, right?) his tale is normal size. I mean, is it extendable? (It does kinda look like Octopus's arms, you know, the baddie from Spidey-Man 2...)

grid's tail looks shorter after Celtic cuts a part from it.
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, before that. When he pins his tail on the donk... I mean first Pred and lifts him with it to look him in the eyes, the tail looks really long... longer than any other tail in the entire xeno culture... go check it out or sumtin, it's really not right.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
amyltrer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when woodraf (the third predator) almost kills lex , an alien impales him and celtic start to fight with him. where was scar then?
amyltrer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do we know that the pred's names were celtic , woodraf, and scar? also there was an alien called grid? are those nicknames? Anderson should tell us the name of the characters!
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a deleted scene where for no apparent reason the Pred's split up after they found out that the Oomans took their Plasma Casters.

And about the names, I think it's a combination of fans and McFarlane who created those nicks for them.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
And about the names, I think it's a combination of fans and McFarlane who created those nicks for them.

Yeah, Scar is actually mentioned in the novelization, but the other two are just called that because we have to call them something. If they have no names (that are mentioned in the movie) then the fans will make up names.

Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather call the other two predators Billy-Bob and Jimmy-Joe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Woofbark (whatever) should be called Ian... oh wait, he didn't actually have the chance to shoot anybody in the back... hey, better that way. DIE IAN DIE!!!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Corporal Waffle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Another big problem, and admittedly one that has plagued the Aliens series throughout, is how the xenos can produce so much matter on so little food. Perhaps it really could grow that fast on what it eats, but there isn't a creature alive that can make MORE protien than they consume. Bees have to gather food constantly to make honeycomb, and the xenos don't seem to have that kind of food available.

the reason 4 this is that they can eat metal and transform it into bio.mathereial (as they can eat)

the "food" is also a part off thickening the exo-skelleton. the harder metals it eats, the harder the exo-skelleton becomes,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

HAHAHA i knew u would click on it Razz

munan wrote:
Vevlaa, for fuck's sake, edit your damn post!!
amyltrer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien Queen was defeated by Lex! Scar had a little contribution and he was most of the time a part of decor! he should have been dishonoured , instead , the elder preds treat him as he would be a hero! Evil or Very Mad
General Grievous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scar's bloated carcass should have been dumped wiv Queenie! N I still think Anderson is a bastard.

Click my sig!
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vevlaa wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

HAHAHA i knew u would click on it Razz

Beh, very funny. I thought it sounded kind of fishy.

RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi-officially, they're Celtic (with the complex mask mouth), Gill (with the striations on the cheeks), and Scar (standard mask). At least, that's how it's always been on the PlanetAVP forums, though I'm not quite sure where they got them. And the lead Alien's name is officially Grid; the net scars exist for the very reason of distinguishing that Alien as exceptional. Woodruff is the last name of Tom Woodruff, the special effects co-supervisor who donned the suit.

Why should Scar be dishonored? He went head-to-head with an Alien Queen and lost; the Elders can't fault him for that, considering that it's his first time out (and since an Alien Queen is a heckuva lot more challenging than either Arnie or Danny Glover), and all things considered, he put up an excellent fight against both the Drones and the Queen, not to mention quite a piece of damage control with the pyramid

...cliiiiiiiiiick...

Last edited by RobinHood3000 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he died in battle, best way to go. It's not every hunter who puts a spear through a queen's head.

Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we have to make a shrine for Scar.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet: you make one and post a pic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: