Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
props from the BBC in UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welsh34

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: props from the BBC in UK Reply with quote

Just thought you might want to know that you got a mention on BBC 6 music radio this morning, it was the reason i came to look at the site, good work fella (they gave it a big thumbs up by the way)
noah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: media? Reply with quote

Is there any place to listen to a clip of that show? I'd love to hear it...
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Welsh. I was sent the link to the show archive on BBC 6's site so I ripped it to mp3...

-- aLp_on_bbc6.mp3 (1.5M)

It's a trip -- they keep pointing out my "strong language", the guy likes my ref to the Camel Clutch, even though he doesn't know what it means (he thinks it's a baseball term), and they keep trying to read the comics aloud - as you can guess, it doesn't work real well on the radio. But they dig it, they threw me some love, and I love 'em back. The tunez they play ain't bad neither.

-B
Yogi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, that's a great segment! Congratulations. I don't know anything about British radio either, but the BBC's the BBC?? Right?

What time of day was this on?

YOGI
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the site, there's like 7 or 8 BBC radio stations, I think 6 is the main music one. The segment was on during a 7-9am morning show...
gad123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Radio... Reply with quote

Radio 1 is the main music channel, lol! Smile

Nice strip matie!
-----------------------------------
www.gad123.co.uk
DreamRaven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Actually, most of them are music channels... Reply with quote

Hey!

Just to give a bit more info about BBC Radio (at least the bits that I know...)

Radio 1 is a music channel that tends to deal with 'newer music'. During the day it appears to pander to 'teen market', but in the evening you get various types of music, Rock, Hip Hop, etc. The excellent recently dead John Peel used to DJ on this channel. This channel was created solely as a response to Pirate radio in the mid-late sixties

Radio 2 is similar to Radio 1, but deals with adult orientated music types, or older music, when I was a kid only 'Dads & Mums' would be heard listening to this channel. Our 'housewifes favourite' Terry Wogan _still_ has the breakfast show. I now find myself listening to it, and I am still a kid (a 33 year old kid, but a kid nonetheless). Jonathon Ross is good on a Saturday morning

Radio 3 is a classical/jazz radio station and I can honestly say I have never listened to it.

Radio 4 is a 'talk radio' station. They do good comedy and plays, as well as political discussions and the like. The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy started off here

The above are all normal radio stations broadcast in AM/FM
Radio 5-8 are digital only radio stations, and I have never listened to them, so cannot give any opinion. But I may start listening to Radio 6 over ta interweb if they are in tune to this comic.

Just FYI BernieH I came here from an advert on DieselSweeties.com

Cheers
Kd
Covertbox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda think its shameful to read a comic strip out loud on a radio station. There is no sound in a comic strip, the beauty is using your imagination to create the dialogue rather than listening to some goon with no timing, spelling it out on the radio.

Anyway, I love your strip man, its the most innovative work I've seen in a long time, and its the ONLY site on the internet I regularly check up on.
astrolux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: bleh Reply with quote

I only just found out about this site from my sisters boyfriend... I never listen to Radio 6 (dont you have to have digital for that shit? Radio Two is the best... Terry Wogan and Johnathon Ross rock hard Smile

LOVE the comic strips btw Smile
Biohazard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC Radio 5 is on AM, it's '5 live', it's just talk shows and sports commentary, stuff like that. There are a few other BBC radio channels without numbers aswell, you know like they have things like BBC Parliament on TV. No prizes for what that shows. You can always trust the beeb for origional names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> aLp All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: