Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Ideas for the best mom EVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Parents Just Don't Understand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Ideas for the best mom EVER Reply with quote

Any ideas for what I can do as a gesture for my wife, the greatest mom EVER? I've done stuff for her when she was just my wife, like throwing her a surprise party, and giving her massages, and getting her flowers when she's not expecting it... but I need to know now what she'll appreciate most as a mom.

Any ideas? Keep in mind that we (I, and my folks when they visit) already actively try to give her as many breaks from the twins as possible, and that I already keep telling her she's doing a great job. I guess what I wanna do is show her in some different way now. Any moms or dads wanna chime in?
Agent 47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are doing a great job, keep it up
siliconsara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't sound much like excellent advice, but I fall head over heels in love with a guy and just feel great all around when he gives me a "breakfast machine" gift.

When I mean that, I mean that he does something that seems very tedious and complicated to get a very simple, yet specialized, gift. It's the action that he did to get the end result is what makes a woman go "wow, he is great and he did this for me...I feel great!"

The gift can be small, but as I said it's the action one took to get to the end result. A nice example would be like buying a ton of M&Ms candy bags and picking out her favorite colors and putting them in a jar, wrapped up nicely. You can buy single color bags of candy on the Mars candy website, but it's the tedious work that gets to a woman that shows that you care. Not only that but it makes you seem a bit...whats the word...cute. Like a child. Only a child would do such a thing whereas an adult would just throw out their credit card and buy the custom candy bags from the website.

I hope that either way, you can find something that will express your love and devotion to her in the way that you feel is best. Good luck =)
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, seems like you're doing a pretty good freaking job already with the massages and flowers and watching the kids and whatnot. It may seem trite, but, as techno was saying, often it is the thought that counts. Of course you could buy something expensive once in a while, but it is often better to put a little time and effort into something. It shows that you are thinking about her.
Are you looking for specific examples here or something? It would be better if you came up with them yourself. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Parents Just Don't Understand All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: