Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Fat Bottomed Girls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Fat Bottomed Girls Reply with quote

I just heard this song for the first time, and MAN is it a good song. I laughed so hard when I heard:

"...big, fat Fanny... was such a naughty nanny..."

but the song is freaking sweet, too. I went out and bought a Queen CD just because of this song.

Queen is now my official favorite band.
Isaac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song is alright. Kind of strange since their lead singer is majorly homosexual. Their best song, IMO, is Bicycle Race. Bohemian Rhapsody is pretty good as well (as well as most of the A Night At The Opera CD, if you can find it).

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Flash Gordon soundtrack myself.

Also 'We Are the Champions', 'We Will Rock You', 'Under Pressure' (possibly one of the most sampled songs, ever), and 'Who Wants to Live Forever'.

Freddy Mercury was a musical genius ahead of his time.

If you like the general sound of Queen, you might also enjoy The Darkness (I Believe in a Thing Called Love).
desert_drum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what CD you picked up, but Greatest Hits 1 & 2 are super collections. I'm not very partial to 3, because it's loaded with covers by other people.

Freddie Mercury could sing the hell out of anything. You get a taste of that in the GH collections - he was really amazing.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Freddie's voice gave so much to the band that it's incredible. I heard "I'm in love with my car", sung by someone else, and I didn't like it nearly as much as ANY of the other songs... sung by Freddie.

Freddie Mercury had an amazing set of pipes.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my great favorites is actually "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." It has that kind of '50s feel going on, and it's a chance for him to just purely sing. Great stuff. Probably my second favorite is clear on the other end of the spectrum: "Play the Game." Waaaaay cheesy-'80s on the swoopy synths, but once again, what a voice. That song still sends chills right up my back.

If there's a rock vocalist I think comes a close second for being able to sing just about anything, it's Paul Rodgers (Free, Bad Company, The Firm), so I want to get my mitts on some of his stuff he'll be up to with Queen's surviving members. Musical irony is rarely so sweet. Grab a copy of The Firm doing "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling." Oooooh, man. And just to prove to Simon that I'm ancient, "Rock and Roll Fantasy" was the first single I ever bought with my little-kid allowance. Smile Or there's "Satisfaction Guaranteed," (also with The Firm) which is one of the sexiest songs I can think of not sung by Barry White. My guy swears we'll dance to that at our wedding, once he shanghais me to the altar.

Oh god, you got me talking about music now, you poor thing Smile
scharb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my iPod, I made a playlist of my favorite songs, Queen's best are the first ones on there. In no particular order:

We are the Champions
Another Bites the Dust
Bicycle Race
Bohemian Rhapsody
(I've heard this song almost too much. If I'm singing along to this, and I leave the room and come back (still singing), I will still be in sync with it.)
Killer Queen might be the most underrated queen song ever. Lyrics are the best of ANY Queen song.
Hammer to Fall Really has some subtle Commie hating lyrics.

desert_drum wrote:
One of my great favorites is actually "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." It has that kind of '50s feel going on

oh yeah yeah yeah. IMO, he sings it like an Elvis impression.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scharb wrote:

Bohemian Rhapsody
(I've heard this song almost too much. If I'm singing along to this, and I leave the room and come back (still singing), I will still be in sync with it.)[/b]

This song HAS you now. For the rest of your life, even if you never intentionally listen to it again, it owns a piece of your soul and a chunk of your brain that will never, ever forget the words.

I thought Wayne's World was largely an idiotic movie, but the car scene just about killed me laughing as i sat there remembering the many times I did that.
Hana-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urk! QUEEN!

I adore Queen! Poor Freddie! *sniffles* He was a magnificent showman, and the band were quite a legacy, even if some of their sonmgs were a little... odd. But then again, arent geniuses allowed to be eccentric?

In my opinion, you cant forget a Queen song - especially ones like Bohemian Rhapsody. It just gets into your mind, until you know it like you know your own face. Some of their songs are sadder, though. take "Save me" for example. Very Happy
Aramor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Queen rules... but it's still Metallica all the way for me baby Wink

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
siliconsara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we do make the rockin' world go round.
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love 'fat bottomed girls'! my favourite Queen song. it's so simple and straightforward, pure in-your-face rock'n'roll, without all this theatrical mumbo jumbo that they often liked to indulge in.
and i'm not flaming Queen, i have great respect for them, sometimes they just got too overblown to my taste.

"oh won't you take me home tonight..."
*makes his rock'n'roll face*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: