Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Yet another interesting episode in the life of Crotchfire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Yet another interesting episode in the life of Crotchfire Reply with quote

So, this weekend, I went to a club with some of my friends for a dude's 21st birthday. It was an interesting experience.

The first odd thing that occurred was that I was frisked before going through the metal detector... and none of my friends were. I guess there's just something sketchy-looking about a long-haired guy in a black hoodie. I was frisked AGAIN after went through the metal detector even though I set nothing off. I wondered, do I really look so scary?

...also, just the fact that there was a metal detector made me wonder... I've never gone to any sort of social event with a metal detector.

At first I was bored out of my mind (being the sober driver sucks)... but after a while I decided "Fuck it. I'll just try my luck on the dance floor sober."

Here comes the old 'Crotchfire enters an interesting social situation with which he is unfamiliar and not expecting'.

So I'm doing that bullshit dancing that you see guys who don't know how to dance do at clubs, but every so often I throw in a Capoeira move. My friends see me do a... well, I don't know how to spell it, but it looks like a breakdance move... and they're all trying to distance themselves from me, probably thinking "Damnit, that idiot's doing it again." Lo and behold, I'm starting to get some attention... and all of a sudden, I'm dancing with three black chicks.

Never before have I received such attention from black chicks... besides the fact that I play Capoeira, I'm the whitest white guy on earth. The only way I could be whiter would be if I had a New England accent, but I digress.

Anyway, because it's my friend's birthday, we get to go to the VIP room. I take my leave from the three black chicks, and we go in. It's boring in there, pretty much all there is to do in there (without some female company, that is) is to get drinks and watch people dance... so we go back out on the dance floor... and yet again, I start pulling my dancing/capoeira junk... and yet again, I find myself dancing with 2 more black girls.

Eventually, my group of friends gets tired, and they decide to leave the dance floor, and I leave with them, but the girls follow me off. It's about 3 in the morning now, and my friends want to go, but one of the girls says "Hey, White Boy... why don't you stick around?"

About which time, I'm simultaneously thinking "Wow. This is new. Not only are black girls hitting on me, but I'm sober!" and "DAMN YOU, SOBER DRIVER RESPONSIBILITY!"

Unfortunately, that was the end of my night... but I now know that in addition to older women, black girls also like me!
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice story dude Wink
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool dude.

I already have the nickname "Chanceless" which kinda summarizes my entire love life... but I'm getting there...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crotchfire is a player... /salute

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you are shocked that Capoeira gets you attention on the dance floor? Confused
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!$%&#?%**$%?#$!&*(()!@#@$

yup.
Munan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by the obsession with race in this story.

I myself, somehow, never make those kind of distinctions.

Also, I don't think that getting the attention of two "black girls" with weird spinning around on the dance floor, could justify the conclusion that "black girls [...] like [you]".

And to round it off, I think you are a slightly silly person, Crotchfire.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose there is a little bit of focus on race in there, but you have to understand things from an American white guy's perception to know why it's a big deal.

In America, African Americans still have a subculture that is somewhat distinct from the white subculture. The two seem to be gradually merging, but the result is that more often than not, black people tend to stick with black people in social situations and white people tend to stick with white people in social situations. We're not totally separated, per say, and I personally have a couple of black friends. However, this is the first time I've ever been in a situation where a member(s!) of that subculture with which I am not so familiar have expressed a sexual interest in me, and I've found myself surprised, flattered, and intrigued. It's as if my confidence has received received a golden pass that says "The bearer of this pass may hit on black girls with some hope of success"... and I doubt that I would have ever been able to hit on American black girls in the future without this confidence... it just never would have occurred to me as a possibility.

My layman's analysis is that there tends to be more emphasis on differences between black people and white people in American popular culture than between any other two races. There exist plenty of rap songs about a black girl's "Badonkadonk" or about getting with white girls, expressing certain artists' preferences of white girls or black girls, but I've yet to hear a rap song about comparisons between black girls and asian girls, or asian girls and indian girls, etc. I personally have many more Asian and Indian friends than Black friends.

Interestingly, most of my black friends are in my Capoeira class. I mention this because I believe that Capoeira is more likely to be accepted in the black subculture than the white subculture.

While race seems to be gradually losing importance as a cultural issue in America (I say gradually, it feels incredibly slow), it's still there, and I suppose that you'd only need to look at America's history to understand why.

Lastly, am I a slightly silly person? You're damn right I am! Should this post be taken seriously? Iono, depends on whether or not you agree with my analysis. Anyway, back to my traditional goofiness.
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distinctions should definitely be made between people of different races.

I think it's great that old black girls are down with da Crotchfiya. Toni Morrison wants some o' dat ass!
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toni Morrison's 74... :/

Now, if she were maybe 20 years younger Very Happy

giggity giggity giggity!
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crotchfire wrote:
Toni Morrison's 74... :/

That never stopped you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crotchfire wrote:
Well, I suppose there is a little bit of focus on race in there, but you have to understand things from an American white guy's perception to know why it's a big deal.

In America, African Americans still have a subculture that is somewhat distinct from the white subculture. The two seem to be gradually merging, but the result is that more often than not, black people tend to stick with black people in social situations and white people tend to stick with white people in social situations. We're not totally separated, per say, and I personally have a couple of black friends. However, this is the first time I've ever been in a situation where a member(s!) of that subculture with which I am not so familiar have expressed a sexual interest in me, and I've found myself surprised, flattered, and intrigued. It's as if my confidence has received received a golden pass that says "The bearer of this pass may hit on black girls with some hope of success"... and I doubt that I would have ever been able to hit on American black girls in the future without this confidence... it just never would have occurred to me as a possibility.

My layman's analysis is that there tends to be more emphasis on differences between black people and white people in American popular culture than between any other two races. There exist plenty of rap songs about a black girl's "Badonkadonk" or about getting with white girls, expressing certain artists' preferences of white girls or black girls, but I've yet to hear a rap song about comparisons between black girls and asian girls, or asian girls and indian girls, etc. I personally have many more Asian and Indian friends than Black friends.

Interestingly, most of my black friends are in my Capoeira class. I mention this because I believe that Capoeira is more likely to be accepted in the black subculture than the white subculture.

While race seems to be gradually losing importance as a cultural issue in America (I say gradually, it feels incredibly slow), it's still there, and I suppose that you'd only need to look at America's history to understand why.

Cool!

Thanks for an interesting insight into American society, that I otherwise wouldn't have got. I think we have those kind of problems in Dutch society as well, we would just phrase it differently. Again, thanks!

Quote:

Lastly, am I a slightly silly person? You're damn right I am!

Yes. And I didn't mean it as a threat. It's just something I regularly say. Actually, it's a typo. It should have read "you're a rather silly person" and it's a quote, but over the years I forgot of whom.

And hey, I'd date Toni Morrison anytime!
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White boy ain't got no rhythm.

What the hell is capoeira, anyway?
angelusraptor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a form of art, where players outwit the opponents so as the make them perform the wrong moves/go out of sync.

or what i know, that is. you can also see it as an acrobatic form of break-dance, and with much-absent breaking. if you know what i mean.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the resident Capoeira guy, I feel I should answer D's question...

Capoeira is martial art that developed among the African slaves in Brazil. Quite a few styles of fighting and dancing came together, as many of these slaves were from different parts of Africa. It was sort of a quiet resistance... the slaveowners would surely have objected to their slaves aquiring any sort of combat skill, so in its development, Capoeira was disguised as a dance, with many odd acrobatic maneuvers, some of which don't outwardly seem to have any practical use in a fight. Make no mistake though, a skilled Capoeirista can really tear it up in a fight.

All these crazy acrobatics have a practical purpose in a fight, though, being to confuse, mislead, and evade the attacks of an opponent.

Before Dictator Vargas legalized Capoeira in Brazil... I forget the exact year... it had been outlawed ever since slavery had been abolished. Typically Capoeira was used by street gangs, who tended to supplement it with knives, machetes, and especially straight razors... because of this, Capoeira evolved further away from blocking into even more dodging. A block is not such a good idea against a straight razor, after all. Today, there is sub-martial art within capoeira, called maculele, which focuses entirely on the use of machetes.

Typically, there is no use of hands in a game of Capoeira, however, there does exist a variety of "dirty attacks" that one might use, that would gain one no friends after the game: palm strikes to the ear, eye poking, etc. There are no rules which forbid these sorts of things, but it would be in very bad taste to use them against one who is not your enemy.

When not used in actual fighting, Capoeira typically takes place in a roda, a circle of people singing and clapping in a 4/4 rhythm with a stringed instrument called a berimbau setting the pace. Two players in the center of the circle play capoeira against each other. If they are friends, it's a game to see who can outmaneuver/outwit the other, and it's all position. You might see a player stop his foot an inch away from his opponent's face, and the other player will nod his acknowledgement, still smiling, before going back to the game. If they are not friends, it is unlikely that anyone would hold back any kicks, and so you might see an unconscious player dragged out of the roda.

That's about all I feel like describing for now :/
Hivequeen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the description. I feel ... enlightened. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: