Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Edge article

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bewtifulfreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: The Edge article Reply with quote

Very cool to see aLp getting some more great press, and in an English mag, no less (especially considering that England has been my adopted country for the past six years)! But there was one thing I wondered about when reading the article - Corinna is a *midget*? I mean, I know she's small next to Preston and all, but what human woman wouldn't be?

So now I'm wondering, did the writer of the article just make that assumption, given her height in relation to Preston, or is Corinna *really* a midget? If so, I've obviously missed a chapter somewhere!

(Mild, Possibly Unrequired Disclaimer: Please excuse if this belonged in the "Aliens and Predators" section, but that seems to be mostly about aliens and preds in general, not the comic, and this isn't about an episode, so it obviously doesn't go in the "Episode Comments". And I did search to see if anyone had already mentioned this before posting. So, um...*yeah*. :})
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the article, but I think the reference to Corinna being a midget comes from the fact that Preston refers to her as a midget a few times at the eye doctor's. He's looking at a small poster sitting on a table and, with his horrible eyesight, thinks that it's talking to him. Here's the first strip.

"...The weird flat-faced midget is talking to me..."

Actually it sounds like they didn't read the comic very carefully if they actually think Corinna's a midget.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Edge article Reply with quote

bewtifulfreak wrote:

(Mild, Possibly Unrequired Disclaimer: Please excuse if this belonged in the "Aliens and Predators" section, but that seems to be mostly about aliens and preds in general, not the comic, and this isn't about an episode, so it obviously doesn't go in the "Episode Comments". And I did search to see if anyone had already mentioned this before posting. So, um...*yeah*. :})

Hah! Nice. I agree with you wholeheartedly, btw, and will not move your post. Wink
And yeah, it would seem that Bernie's fame is growing. W00t!
bewtifulfreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
I haven't read the article, but I think the reference to Corinna being a midget comes from the fact that Preston refers to her as a midget a few times at the eye doctor's.

Ah, of *course*, that must be it...the midget reference almost seemed familiar to some extent, but as it didn't ring true for Corinna, it never totally clicked. Thanks for clearing that up for me, as it does sound like the article's author didn't quite get that particular joke, and had me a bit confused there!

Re: my disclaimer
Blaster wrote:
Hah! Nice. I agree with you wholeheartedly, btw, and will not move your post. Wink
And yeah, it would seem that Bernie's fame is growing. W00t!

I'm very glad you concur. Smile And yes indeedy, go Bernie!
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you non-Britons know Essex is one of those places that everyone who is not from Essex makes fun of. In a good natured, friendly sort of way obviously. Their awesome taste in webcomics may go some way to change that. Nice w00t gif by the way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Chainsaw wrote:
Just so you non-Britons know Essex is one of those places that everyone who is not from Essex makes fun of.

Ah, I get it. Sort of like Arkansas.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Satan Crime Wash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Ah, I get it. Sort of like Arkansas.

Yeah, but without the inbreeding. ( Though that may possibly explain Romford )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> aLp All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: