Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Things you hate on the Subway.
    page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Things you hate on the Subway. Reply with quote

This topic is for my fellow NYer out there, I take the subway EVERY day. (3,Q,L) And there are things that really piss me off, todays comic inspired me to tlk about this.

14th street Union Square, the "L" train station, there is this musician, who down right sucks. He plays a boom box and attempts to blow a flute to the beat, but in the end he makes nothing more than childish farting noises.

I Also hate eye contact on the subways, there is always that one person to sit there and stare at you the whole god damn ride. Staring, they just keep staring... I usually put my head down or pretend to have a heach ache and close my eyes and hold my temple, funny thing is that really gives me a head ache.

People who ask for money, there is this one lady on the 3 trains who has been begginf for over 3 years. Is amazing that her husband has died every day for the past 3 years.

And also at the wonder of the world that is the union street square, there is a disgusting old man who is missing an eye, who tries to sell a gold chain.
AbbyNormal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cars whose entire ad space is bought out by one advertiser! I need more variety!
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smell of piss. And the drunk homeless bums trying to start fights because I have a security uniform on. Rolling Eyes

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbbyNormal wrote:
The cars whose entire ad space is bought out by one advertiser! I need more variety!

Amen to THAT.

And also, I hate the fact that in Atlantic Avenue, there fails to be a day I'm not handed some type of religious track. I normally crumble them up and toss them to the side, but there was a funny time when I did that in front of the person. I was constantly given the "You are going to go straight to hell" They got into how he offered me Jesus (I doubt Jesus likes to offer himself to anyone...>.>) and of course that I'm going to hell. Now I know that Iím not in limbo I feel much better.

And how can I forget... tourist. I hate them with a passion, and they do stand out. I was going to have lunch with my sister a few months ago, and there were these two guts, sporting one of those "I belong to..." shirts so they won't get lost (I doubt itíll be hard to lose eye of them but anyway) and one of them says "Dude! Look at the friggen floor! It so dirty dude take a pic man!" And the other said "Dude...isn't that the building Godzilla was munching' on?" And it took me awhile to decode this, but I just hit me they call soda pop outside of NYC.

And its in our blood to hate everything from Massachusetts. Mainly the red socks, but there tend to be visitors who wear all red and red sox hats. I saw this guy who had a shirt that read "Yeah I'm from Boston and I've come all the way out here to say FUCK YOU." So they give me a legit reason to hate them.

But on the topic of trains, I typically hate it when the train you want doesn't come, and the moment you say to yourself "Well fuck this" it decides to come.
Jadie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G-line in its entirety. Never on time and slow as hell.
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the N line was voted the worse. But I also hate it when people listen to rap and sit there and rap while on the subway. And i'm nut sure if they notice, but they sound like morons, there is no music to cover their abysmality (Is that even a word) and throwing up their hands makes them look even crazeir.

And Actually I used to like the old "Bat-trees, one dowwar" dude on the 3 train, but now that my gameboy is neglected thanks to my PSP, He does now get on my nerves.

And this isn't really on the train, but more on the bus but I hate Junior High School kids. (I'm mostly aiming towards Phillepa Scyhler kids on the B60)

I refuse to take the 60 bus around 3:00, I'll walk from bushwick to brownsville if I have to, I do not care. These kids are noisy, roudy, and are probally the reason I have alot of homocidal tendacies. (FYI I did go to 383 in 6th grade, but now that I am in the 11th, I really see the evil these kids can bring out.)
JytaNona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... When I went to high school, the musician at Union Square was some guy drumming on a whole bunch of buckets... and he was just as bad.

I hate the subway in the winter. Everyone wears their huge as winter apparel, but once you're in a box with 50 other people, not only do you sweat... so does everyone else.

Also, there was this one lady on the J that had this nasty infection on her leg that went around asking for money. My sinuses were ruined for years.

I think everyone should learn how to ride the train without holding on to anything. That way, if you yo don't grab a seat and you can't get to a pole, you don't have to suffocate people with your stank when you hover over them holding onto the handles above the seats. It's not hard to find a decent center aof gravity. Do it while you're drunk to get practice.

*le sigh*

I still miss NY, though. Razz

Every soul has a price. I bet I can afford yours.
xXSefGrayXx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Subway after midnight. Waiting for the A train for a hour at 3 in the morning is painfully dreadful, especially if you are drunk.
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may noy be train related, but I hate it when on the bus, people sweet talk the driver. I used to do that, but its old now.

And I hate it when the local trains (2,3,Q) Moves faster than the express (5,4,B)
devil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In rush hour, when you can't move more than an inch, and you are stuck next to someone with terrible BO.
SGAC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assgrabbing. They don't even try to brush it off as an accident. They just grab. THAT'S annoying. Evil or Very Mad
Khushi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delays.. especially on the E train. especially on a crowded bus. standing for an hour with bags in your hands and no one is kind enough to let you sit because you`re close to passing out against a pole. Rolling Eyes

but anyway, that probably was a lesson that next time i go shopping in the city, i should wear sneakers instead of high heels

Last edited by Khushi on Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graciana wrote:
Assgrabbing. They don't even try to brush it off as an accident. They just grab. THAT'S annoying. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry! Next time I'll just say hi.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I thought ass grabbing was a universal way to say hi. They do it in baseball and football. Maybe thats why I play neither.
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also forgot to say I hate atlantic avenue. And they are doing some bullshit to the Q platform, and there chunks of wood everywhere and the tracks are literally flooded. I saw a rat swimming in it like it was a fucking dolphin.
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to complain about Atlantic avenue now didn't I, now there are marines I think all equiped with M16's and bullet proof vests. Cops with pistols I can handle, but I just don't feel right seeing these guys strut up and down, holding machine guns with their finger on trigger.
DPSSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for the E all the way Downtown that's running 15 minutes behind while people just keep on crowding together to wait for a phantom subway car that really won't be there for another 25 minutes in 95 degree weather.

It wouldn't be that bad if it didn't feel like 105 without the people there and 115 with, if 1/4 of those people would have showered at least once after 21 Jump Street was taken off the air, and if several wonderful people didn't find it necessary to play "Can My Urine Lubricate Those Rails?"
Lenz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all people riding with the MTA, this is your two dollars at work.

I made a rant about the stupidity of emergency brakes a few months ago.
http://alienlovespredator.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=461

Seriously, let's all just cut them off secretly. Once, while waiting for my train to pull into Stillwell avenue a few years ago, the Q didn't even come within 2 feet of the platform when it suddenly stopped because some moron pulled the rope. It took ten minutes for them to reset the breaks.[/url]
Cycoclops

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenz wrote:
To all people riding with the MTA, this is your two dollars at work.

I made a rant about the stupidity of emergency brakes a few months ago.
http://alienlovespredator.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=461

Seriously, let's all just cut them off secretly. Once, while waiting for my train to pull into Stillwell avenue a few years ago, the Q didn't even come within 2 feet of the platform when it suddenly stopped because some moron pulled the rope. It took ten minutes for them to reset the breaks.[/url]

Ah the Q train, you must get all the morons from highschool. Grady and Lincoln most likly. I go to grady personaly.

I havn't complained in a while, so here is my rant for this week. "business men". A bunch of people get on the trains (Most freakquently the L) and try to sell race cars, children books, and (my personal favorite) knives.

I tend to doze off and the train, and I really hate beging awakened by some ass trying to sell my RC cars, especially when the ass is driving the car on a crowed train, and bumping it into me. One of these days i'm going to field goal that damn thing...
Khushi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i swear.. if one more guy attempts to rub up on me from behind on a crowded train cart (or even on the bus.. especially on the bus), i will seriously rip his testicles off. Evil or Very Mad
LemonLimeDivine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'm glad live in the Bronx. I never touch any line other than the lex lines and the shuttle.
elephantsyay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes when i come home for the holidays or summer i have a lot of luggage.. and therefore am forced to take the ELEVATOR! which smells like YEARS OF PEE! and more often than necessary contains some hobo who won't stop staring at me.
Draconis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v.v I feel sad because I don't live in NY, and so I'm missing all this wonderful stuff you're talking about. Why do you torture me so!?
jazz1m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray MTA strike probably around christmas. What's this, increased fare prices again? The path train is increasing it's prices to $2.00 not instead of $1.50 so that the prices are the same I guess (it should cost the same amount of money to go to Jersey? Somehow...I don't quite believe it, no offense to any Jersey people out there). Today the 6 trains were delayed due to a passenger injury at 77th which equates to me late to work. But what I hate about the subways the most apart from the delays and maintenence and strikes and bums and the smell of piss is the fact that the conductor never leaves the door open for long, so right as I'm about to squeeze myself into a packed train, he closes the door on me. But I still love NYC.
Ipsa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! I wish the fares here in Philly were that low! For me to take one of the SEPTA trains from school to downtown is close to $4! What makes the whole situation even worse is that the SEPTA people produced little trading cards of the workers for sale to the general public to generate revenue. This was about a $500,000 campaign. [/threadjack]

I've never taken a NY subway due to the fact that I've never been to NY, so I'm enjoying all of your stories...! So post more of them, please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> NYC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: