Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
The Transporter 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: The Transporter 2 Reply with quote

At the urging of my friends, we all went out to see The Transporter 2 last night.

It started out kind of cool, nice, believeable action and fighting, ridiculous, but not over-the-top ridiculous.

Then there was a scene...

(SPOILER ALERT)

Spoiler:
Where he removes a bomb on the bottom of his car while he's in it by hitting a ramp on the docks on an incline...kinda in the style of that James Bond movie, I think it was Live and Let Die or one of the Roger Moore ones...and snagging the bomb while the car is inverted in the air with a cargo hook.

(End Spoiler)
ED:spoiler tags added by Blaster
I was expecting a cool combination cg/martial arts movie... but it turned into a comedy the rest of the way through. It was freaking hilarious, all the over-the-top unbelieveably ridiculous crap they pulled in this movie. I laughed harder than I laughed at The Matrix Reloaded's obvious CG in the Neo/Smiths fight.

Anyone else seen this movie or some other that tried to be a cool action flick, but was just so ridiculous that it became a comedy like ShaoLin Soccer, only not as good?[/i]
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to post spoilers, for god sakes use the spoiler tags, as so:
Code:
[spoiler]What you want to spoil here.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen te first one... that was cool. Not really over the top stuff...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Blaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Transporter was pretty disappointing. Some of the action was cool, but the plot was just unbearable, and some of the supporting actors sucked ass.
I think I'll wait for the second one to come out on video.
Alph Tech / STUART

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live and Let Die WAS a Roger Moore Bond.
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that... but I guess my syntax was confusing. Ah well. I meant whichever one of the Roger Moore Bonds that had that ridiculous stunt.
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were three moments that helped to ruin Transporter 2 for me. The one that was already mentioned above, and two others.

(I'm using the spoiler tag for the first time, so if it doesn't work, forgive me, and I'll fix it asap)

Spoiler:
Okay, the crazy chick blowing up a helicopter with a machine pistol... no way. And not only that, but, like, there was no blow back on them, no shrapnel, no nothing. It just sucked.

And then...

Spoiler:
Okay, so they set up the main villain as a TOTAL badass in the opening. But then when he fights Jason Statham on the plane, he gets his ass handed to him. I guess it's cuz he didn't have his shinai? Puh-lease. And then, instead of being reasonable and stopping the fight to keep the plane from crashing, they just keep going. And the plane spins all sorts of ludicrous out of control without affecting the fight. And then it slams into the ocean at sevreal hundred miles an hour, and they just get up and start fighting again? UGH! God it was awful.

Most of the fights were okay, but were pretty much rehashes of the fights from the first movie. Lots of locks/holds. They even use the oil trick from the first movie, tho to a lesser extent.

I'd suggest skipping this in theaters, or at least waiting til it's at...uh... I seem to recall some bargain bin theater somewhere on 57th ish uptown? I only went there once and it was over 5 years ago, so forgive me if it's gone or nowhere near there. I know I saw 200 cigarettes there tho. Or wait for video. Or cable.
daniel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Transporter 2 was awesome. Ridiculous, but the ridiculously awesome. It entertained me with it's every moment.

And I have no trouble believing that he could pull off any of that stuff. Getting the bomb off the car? Completely believable, to me. Cause he's no normal guy, he's The Transporter. He's like Zorro, or like James Bond should be, - a magic man, who can do whatever he has to in order to save the day. And he does it all without breaking a sweat. Because he's just that good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: