Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Hey, we're pregnant.
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Hey, we're pregnant. Reply with quote

I got some bad news and some good news. The bad news is sorry, but I missed Wednesday's comic update, a first for me. I'm working 2 jobs for the time being, looking to buy a house, and dealing with a whole bunch of other insane things and it's making it tough for me to work on aLp.

The good news is, speaking of insane things... my wife is pregnant. WITH TWINS. My wife is pregnant with twins. Yeah. We're due in early July, at which point my head will explode. I've been meaning to fill you in on our news for a while, and I guess I figured I could use it as an excuse for my first missed update. Umm... and I guess for all subsequent situations for that matter, in case I miss any more updates or I start making less and less sense. Just like my life.

Again, sorry for the missed update and thanks for stickin' with me. Oh yeah, and I hope I've told all my important family members about the news so that this ain't the way they find out.
Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy $#@%@$%$@#$@#$!!!!!!!

Congratulations, brothah. Fantastic news. Cool
random guest # ??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy congratulationson your step to fatherhood.

may it be prosperous and full of life.

Twisted Evil
be good.
Ragnar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Congrats! Reply with quote

Congratulations on the twins!!

I hope you'll make it. Wink
Joe W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Names Reply with quote

I've got an idea for names. I'm sure the twins will LOVE* each other.

* brotherly/sisterly love**
** not THAT kind of brotherly/sisterly love

Seriously, do you dare? How much would it take to convince you to name your children Alien and Predator? I'm sure we could PayPal it.
Opaque

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: I was wondering why there was no update. Reply with quote

But I suppose I can allow it given the situation.

I also support any and all naming of children Alien and Predator.
Bounty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Bernie... I'm sorry. Sad
I am SO going to Hell...
desert_drum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, and best thoughts go out to you both...well, to you four!
Stu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for that July day, when Bernie's in the hospital, all excited about becoming a father, hyperventilating, ready to pass out, and the twins explode out of his wife's stomach like Alien instead of the natural (human) way.

It might be expected at this point. Just as long as they don't act like Boris and Zeev and attack me when I come visit.
crzy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats man also want to say love ur comic its something i look foward to every week
chocobogoddess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: congratulations! Reply with quote

Dude, that is seriously cool. Good luck, and remember, your wife having twins is a GREAT reason for all those times like today. Wink Tell her that she has to get her mileage out of the situation, too...my pregnant friends swear by it. Very Happy

*wark*
amidol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: twins! Reply with quote

Two little Bernies to spread the madness. Congratulations, that's absolutely awesome for you.
bytehead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Congrats!!!!!! Reply with quote

I'm sure you and your wife are thrilled about it.

My wife had two sets of twins herself. Their birthdays are one week apart. It seems that all four were conceived on daddy's birthday! Very Happy (NB, I'm the step-father) All fraternal, oldest two boys, then one boy, one girl. She had immediate bedrest when she found out the first time, but she continued to work for IIRC two months after finding out the second time.
Kibbles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Congrats! Reply with quote

This is fantastic news!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: I was wondering why there was no update. Reply with quote

Opaque wrote:
I also support any and all naming of children Alien and Predator.

Wouldn't naming them Abe and Preston be more fitting?
juepucta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: twins Reply with quote

Congrats man.

Just don't name them Zeev and Boris.

G.
isawrodan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: kids Reply with quote

Kids are a blessing from the lord. Trust me I never had any. Never had a wife either for that matter, well not my own any way.
Alien and Predator would be good names, are you really in NY ?
Love your strip, keep it up when you can;;family first, have fun with the kids.
WeLovesAlienLovesPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babies are awesome (except for the feeding, crying and nappy part - you DO NOT want to witness babies first poo, nor twins for that matter).

Congradulations and the best of luck to the four of you. As much as I love your strips I'm cool if you miss anymore updates as I know how little time you have with sprogs around.

Looking forward to a lot of strips influenced by your kids. Stay frosty dude.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations! as a twin, i can definitely say that nothing is better than having twins...it is the ultimate baby-having event of the century....
patleeman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BORIS AND ZEEVE! Also remember to paint one red and one blue.

Last edited by patleeman on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, we're pregnant. Reply with quote

bernieh wrote:

I've been meaning to fill you in on our news for a while, and I guess I figured I could use it as an excuse for my first missed update. Umm... and I guess for all subsequent situations for that matter, in case I miss any more updates or I start making less and less sense. Just like my life.

If you start letting these kids push you around now, they will walk all over you the rest of your life.
krdshrk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Twins! congrats!

Identical or Fraternal? or "I don't know"?
makio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey, we're pregnant. Reply with quote

bernieh wrote:

The good news is, speaking of insane things... my wife is pregnant. WITH TWINS. My wife is pregnant with twins. Yeah. We're due in early July, at which point my head will explode. I've been meaning to fill you in on our news for a while, and I guess I figured I could use it as an excuse for my first missed update. Umm... and I guess for all subsequent situations for that matter, in case I miss any more updates or I start making less and less sense. Just like my life.

Congrats...!
Twins... man, that's craziness. Best of luck to the family though. Should be an "interesting" experience. Have patience! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: hey man we're preggers Reply with quote

Shocked Bernie, Bernie , Bernie.......... ( you do know what causes that I hope Wink ) Congratulations to you both!!!
It's gonna change your life man. Laughing

of course this probably means we the fans will have to put up with more delays because of the babies.... but if you two want to start a family and leave us the fans hanging out to dry like so many freshly washed diapers... well I guess you can...... after all it is a free country....and there is not much we (the fans) can do about it. Is there Mister Expectant Father ? ........... now then is this the kind of work ethic you really want to show your children ? HMMMMMM? We're not talking about holding down two jobs and paying the bills and taking care of your pregnant wife, no sir........... Mister we're taking about US (your fans), what the hell are we supposed to do with our lives on wednesdays if we don't get an installment of aLp .... BUT HEY who am I ( A FAN) to complain?

Seriously the best to both of you Health & Happiness and a small private quiet spot that no one knows about .... yer gonna need it. Wink
-_______________________-

MY GOD!!! I have HANDS!!!! Why am I not steering the ship?!
Stu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: hey man we're preggers Reply with quote

Pterodactyl wrote:
of course this probably means we the fans will have to put up with more delays because of the babies....

You have to realize Bernie is used to staying up until all hours in the morning, either working on the comic or browsing the web or doing one of his jobs. So having the kids wake him up at all hours won't be too much of a difference for him. So I don't foresee too many extra delays.

His wife, on the other hand, will have to get used to getting up all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: