Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Can anyone figure it out?
    page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we live in a (relatively) free society. You can be wrong if it suits you.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papazombie wrote:
Right, because we all know a Physics book will most certainly change my mind on a particular defination thats a little biased.

Here goes.

All forms of radiation in the em spectrum are the same thing. Radio waves, micro waves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, xray, gamma, they're the same thing. The only thing differentiating them are the respective ranges of wavelengths in each type.

If you could modify your eyes, you could be able to see radio signals. You could be able to see xrays if conditions allowed for it. The visible spectrum only encompasses the band of wavelengths visible to human eyes: red to violet. Ultraviolet is invisible to us, but not so for bees. Why? Becasue human eyes and bee eyes are built very differently, designed for different specific purposes.

Why can't we build xray glasses that will allow us to see ambient xray radiation? Because Earth's atmosphere filters out xrays, and there would be no illumination for eyes that detect xray radiation. However uv and longer radiation types are allowed through the atmoshpere and as a result such optical devices based on uv radiation or longer don't neccesarily require artificial illumination. That's why we don't see organisms on Earth that see in xrays. What about micro and radio waves? Well those forms of radiation have extremely long (comaprtively) wavelengths. Any organism with radio eyes would see only a blurry haze compared to human vision.

Radio telescopes, xray teliscopes, and optical telescopes capture different forms of radiation. They do it in different ways. But they are essentialy the same thing. They are eyes for different forms of radiation.

Predator vision is based on a spectrum of radiation different from our own, and attmepts to view our world results in the monocolor blotch we see in the movies. The mask apparently allows the predator to view the world in a way that allows the predator to observe the environment in a way optimal for the Predator's biological capabilities. We do the very same thing. Nightvision goggles emit and recieve infra-red light,, translating the infrared image into the visible spectrum the user can see.

Papazombie wrote:
Too many people who are unable to think outside the box. You belong in Congress...

I can say the very same thing for you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh you were

*snicker*

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Papazombie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I'm not stupid. I know the defination of the visable spectrum. I just simply disagree with the way it is defined...why do you refuse to accept this? Thats all I was trying to state.

...talk about flogging a dead horse...

"If Life Gives You Lemons...Punch A Clown." - LSM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: