Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Razzies Nominations Are In!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NukeTheSiteFromOrbit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Razzies Nominations Are In! Reply with quote

http://www.razzies.com/asp/directory/25thNoms.htm

25th Annual Golden Raspberry (RAZZIEŽ) Award Nominations are out.

Surprisingly, Alien Vs Predator only gets one nomination: "Worst Remake or Sequel".

Even Paul Anderson avoids "Worst Director".
Dean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is Catwoman's year.
jennif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Catwoman or Alexander. They need something high-profile to mock, otherwise there wouldn't be a point!

How did they leave out "Moulin Rouge" in Worst Musicals of Our First 25 Years?

~j
(KHNH)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catwoman was truely the most horrible thing ever.
Not only was I forced to watch it by a lovely Korean-Air hostess, but I had to suffer the indignity of being told a "history of Catwomen", as told by the mom from Six Feet Under. Halle Berry, You're pretty, but STOP acting. I don't care who you did in Monster's Ball. Just STOP. You've already almost destroyed the X-Men franchise! How many comic-book heroines must you pull down with you??
NukeTheSiteFromOrbit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jennif wrote:
How did they leave out "Moulin Rouge" in Worst Musicals of Our First 25 Years?~j

I can't believe Nicole Kidman's character died of TB. She was probably carrying more diseases than the monkey from Outbreak with her side-profession.
(KHNH)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, but back then, anyone who was *anyone* had syphilis.

[quote="NukeTheSiteFromOrbit"][quote="jennif"]How did they leave out "Moulin Rouge" in Worst Musicals of Our First 25 Years?~j[/quote]

I can't believe Nicole Kidman's character died of TB. She was probably carrying more diseases than the monkey from Outbreak with her side-profession.[/quote]
Treach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's almost cliche to say it by now but the worst movie ever was Battlefield Earth. Me and some college buddies went to see it thinking it would be good for some laughs, but it wasn't funny bad. And it wasn't cringingly bad. It was so profoundly bad it's like we were in an alternate reality of awfulness. You sit there in awe at it.
hustlertwo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad when the awards ceremony with the most integrity and public faith is one that celebrates all that is bad in cinema. Of course, it's nowhere near as sad as the fact that they dared to make a sequel to Baby Geniuses. I mean, the original was already ranked #34 on the IMDb Bottom 100 list, and yet they still felt the need to top that. And I think Catwoman should win a special award for the worst named director ever. Why is it whenever a director has only one name, the movie ends up sucking? First McG and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, and now Catwoman. Should Cher ever take up directing, she'll already have a strike against her. Well, two actually, since not only does she only have one name, but that name is Cher.

Switch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treach wrote:
I know it's almost cliche to say it by now but the worst movie ever was Battlefield Earth.

Isn't that an honorary ISHTAR?
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst movie I've ever seen was What Dreams May Come (starring Robin Williams). I've never walked out on a movie but that was the closest.

Other movies that come to mind are Sleepers and Road to Perdition, but I didn't completely realize how much I hated them until they were over, maybe cuz I was expecting them to get better. I'm sure I'm missing others that fall into this category. But What Dreams May Come was unbearable the whole way through.

As for movies that are more notoriously bad, I actually paid to see Spice World with a few buddies. I'm still not sure what we were thinking. But it wasn't terrible.
Dean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst 50 or so movies I've seen were MST3K movies. Debating which of them was the very worst could be interesting, but would also probably be pretty obscure. Those aside, the worst movie I ever saw was Batman and Robin. And considering that it had a $100 million+ budget and the MST3K movies were made for about six bucks, you could certainly make a good case for it on that basis as being the worst piece of artistry, ever. Virtually every line of dialogue was a horrendous pun; it actually looked really CHEAP despite costing so much; the tone of the film veered wildly; the characters' motivations made no sense at all; the actors had no idea what to do... god, it was just awful. As soon as it was over, I asked both guys with whom I saw it, "Did you want to walk out?" They both did. Too bad we were all too polite to talk in the theater, I guess.

Not nearly AS bad, but still horrible: Swept Away, the Madonna/Guy Ritchie snoozefest.

Agreed on Spice World. Species II, on the other hand, DOES deserve to be mentioned here. Richly.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend to never see another movie with the word Legend in the title.

First, of course, there's Legend. When plot fails you, throw more glitter. Ecccch.

And then, there's Legends of the Fall. I saw this for all the appropriate girly reasons. I'd have been much better off staring at the DVD cover for 133 minutes. Never have I wanted so many people in one movie to just shut UP.

But the king has to be Eaten Alive, which I saw under the title Legend of the Bayou (one of about 8 it had along the way...your first clue that there's trouble ahead). I am soooo grateful this is not the first Tobe Hooper movie I saw, because it would have been the last.
Stu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spice World might have been an attepmt just to have me do something related to the Spice Girls. And I (smartly?) passed on seeing the movie.

The Chase was a really, really, really bad movie that Ben and Bobby made me see because it was with Kristy Swanson (the original Buffy). The only reason I remember this without suffering a headache because I couldn't believe someone would make a movie about, basically, a bunch of cops and reporters following a guy and his hostage drive South on the California freeway (and in one of the most improbable make out scenes in movie history, Swanson moves herself onto Charlie Sheen, sitting in his lap facing him, makes out with him while he is driving 70 MPH on the highway, and yet they don't crash and his driving actually improves). And then a week or two later the OJ chase happened.
Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst movie I ever saw, instead of being a lousy action flick or comedy, was an indie film that the critics all adored: Breaking The Waves, starring Emily Watson as an innocent woman who sleeps with other men at the urging of her paralyzed husband. I didn't have the slightest idea why anyone would either want to make it or want to see it; years later Bjork tried to make a movie with the director, Lars von Trier, and after filming she was all, "He's a misogynist asshole!" And I was like, Duh, Bjork, didn't you see Breaking the Waves?

The sad thing was I went to it on a date....
Dean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu, The Chase was awful, as was another Charlie Sheen classic, The Wraith. Just... no suspense or drama or anything. I would definitely rather see something like Plan 9 From Outer Space or Manos: The Hands of Fate than something that is plain old dull. At least those films, legendary disasters though they may be, are INTERESTING.
Dahaka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Without a Doubt Reply with quote

The single worst movie ever was Gangs of New York.
I put it on fast forward about 30 mins and it took another 30 to get to the end.
Abso******lutely Horrible. The demons tricked me into watching it.

Could have made a better movie videotaping the non-stop action of .....
No wait a minute, a movie about anything would be better.
Triangle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one love avant gaurde or just plain trashy movies. One word kids, Troma.

I'm surprised Bush got nominated, he played a moronic cocksucking politician very well.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triangle wrote:
I for one love avant gaurde or just plain trashy movies. One word kids, Troma.

Oh god, Class of Nuke 'Em High....I fondly remember watching Up All Night on USA Network all through high school; they showed a Troma Team movie or two damn near every week. Man, I miss those.

(As an aside, there's a typo in your sig that breaks the link to the first comic.)[/i]
(KHNH)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Troma's bad?
Check out:
Sextette
O M G.
Amazingly bad movie made with more celebrities than you can shake a stick at!
NukeTheSiteFromOrbit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernieh wrote:
As for movies that are more notoriously bad, I actually paid to see Spice World with a few buddies. I'm still not sure what we were thinking. But it wasn't terrible.

Anything with Meat Loaf can't be totally bad. Smile

I love Tromeo and Juliet.
Stu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the winners (losers) have been announced...

And it's a tie between Fahrenheit 911 and Catwoman, with 4 each.

Fahrenheit 911 won for worst actor (W), worst couple (W and Rice or the book "My Pet Goat"), worst supporting actor (Rumsfeld) and worst supporting actress (Britney Spears)

Catwoman won for worst film, worst actress (Berry), worst director and worst screenplay.

Gigli won worst comedy of the last 25 years (or the 25 years of the Razzies), From Justin to Kelly won worst musical of the last 25 years, Battlefield Earth won worst drama, and the Governator won worst loser (8 noms, no razzies).

Scooby Doo 2 won worst sequel, dismaying me since I am a huge Scooby fan.
Bounty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst movie ive ever seen... hard to tell, because theres definatly a lot of them.

Resident Evil 1 and 2, batman and robin, mario brothers, street fighter (it was a bad movie, but i found it to be very entertaining Smile ) just to name a few.

Although I would have liked Chonicles of Riddick more if they could ACTUALLY GET SOME GOOD WRITERS. Everything Diesal says in that movie is a one-liner.

Although The Pacifier looks to be a fairly funny movie.
I am SO going to Hell...
Dean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually despise Halle Berry, but this? Is very cool.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean wrote:
I usually despise Halle Berry, but this? Is very cool.

Holy crap, that rocks! My respect for her just went up considerably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: