Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Bad movie review sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Bad movie review sites Reply with quote

Yay for bad movies! I don't know why I love them, but I do. And I love bad movie reviews even more. Especially when the reviewer is sarcastic and snarky. Some of my favorite sites:

Jabooto's Bad Movie Dimension My first bad movie site. Ken Beggs rips "Battlefield Earth" a new one.

Badmovies.org Has hundreds of reviews and a neat rating system.

Cold Fusion Video Does good movie reviews too. I've found a bunch of cool stuff by going there.

And You Call Yourself A Scientist! Does some good movies too, but mostly deals with crappy science in scifi movies. Check out the review of Bats.

The Agony Booth My absolute favorite. Has a great message board too. Does movies, educational films and episodes of Star Trek.

Something Awful Already well known, but the movie section really has to be mentioned.

Stomp Tokyo. Totally wierd. You gotta see it.

Still internet married to Tripper.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're all... different.... but still enjoyable Very Happy .

btw, what site is that strange Horoscope at, it'll give me something else to do when im done posting.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Onion rules you all. It's a fake newspaper which can sometimes go overboard with the self-righteousness but still funny.

BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the paper version of the onion costs anything other places? Its free here, just like the Village Voice.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I so wish it were. If only they had free copies of The Onion right next to Go! Magazine and Coast Weekly... They do sell volumes at the bookstores though.

BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems silly to pay for fake news. Why, thats as preposterious as bottling water and selling it.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own any of the volumes myself, but if you want to carry it around with you it might be cool. Just 'cause it's fake doesn't make it useless. Sometimes it's entertaining. Personally I love the horroscopes and some of the articles, but a little goes a long way. The boundless pessimism is draining after a short while.

Mr Xeno

Location: In the Jungle, running from people from Discovery Channel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i found a bad movie review about AVP but its on Norwigan
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, lots of people don't like AVP, but I don't let it bother me. What does bother me is the disturbing number of people who liked Constantine. Confused

ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Eh, lots of people don't like AVP, but I don't let it bother me. What does bother me is the disturbing number of people who liked Constantine. Confused
I loved both movies. I was very suprised at Constantine...(at the fact that I liked it)

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it could have been a great movie if it weren't for 1. Keanu and 2. the totally nonsensical plot. It was engaging, but when I tried to think about it, it made absolutely no sense. Maybe it's just because I never read Hellblazer, but I don't think it would have made sense even if I had. And Keanu was totally miscast. Gabriel, on the other hand, rocked my entire face off. He/she improved the movie drastically by being in it.

ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
I thought it could have been a great movie if it weren't for 1. Keanu and 2. the totally nonsensical plot. It was engaging, but when I tried to think about it, it made absolutely no sense. Maybe it's just because I never read Hellblazer, but I don't think it would have made sense even if I had. And Keanu was totally miscast. Gabriel, on the other hand, rocked my entire face off. He/she improved the movie drastically by being in it.
I hope gabriel was a "she" cause damn she was hot. In a weird "holy then thou" sort of way.

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm....divine androgyny.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Androgyny rocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Linksssss All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: