Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Pred question
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Pred question Reply with quote

Yea...so this is gonna sound lame, but how does a pred activate his wristblades or his combistic to open?
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the games... you just switch to them... yeah.
But well, I think that the combistick just has a button, and that his wrist-blades are activated through muscle. I mean, I think it was in Moonraker, James Bond once had some dart shooting gadget, attached to his wrist. He also shot those by using certain muscles.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was about to post the same thing about the wristblades.i guess aramor is right.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Huge Wing Wong wrote:
i guess aramor is right.

DUH!

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
The Huge Wing Wong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the...? Question Question Question

why don't you put it in your sig?it's most likely the first time some1 ever said that!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just likes to hear it.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Frost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to hear people say I'm right...it doesn't happen very often... Sad
-- Zapp Brannigan
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
He just likes to hear it.

Yup.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if the wristblades are activated by muscle and the combistic is activated by a button, what about the plasmacaster?
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere that he uses the mandibles to push buttons on the inside of his mask. In AvP though you use your Wrist Console.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mandible idea, many thanks Aramor.
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it: Shoulder Cannon (Plasma Caster)

The Shoulder Cannon is a mounted and lightweight weapon capable of firing multiple long-range energy burst of charged plasma. It is controlled via the targeting system in the helmet, and tracks with the head movement of the firer.

It can be used with the Laser Sight to increase targeting capacity, and is fired either by a mandible-controlled trigger in the helmet or by the forearm-mounted control panel.

Found it here.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:

The Shoulder Cannon is a mounted and lightweight weapon capable of firing multiple long-range energy burst of charged plasma. It is controlled via the targeting system in the helmet, and tracks with the head movement of the firer.

It can be used with the Laser Sight to increase targeting capacity, and is fired either by a mandible-controlled trigger in the helmet or by the forearm-mounted control panel.

Found it here.

Awesome, Thanks
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha thats an awesome site, I just got the predator language as a font when I write. The only thing that I don't like is that the picture used to show the plasma caster, is a scene form predator 2, when the pred gets shot and his plasmacaster is broken, the guy could have used a better pic...
Agent 47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROST wrote:
I like to hear people say I'm right...it doesn't happen very often... Sad

so if i say something great to Aramor is he going to be happy then Question
Deathmachine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:

Found it here.

hey that site was pretty cool. lots of reading though.
amyltrer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they have a sort of neuro-mental releaser for their wrist-blades.
amyltrer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the ugly guy:

Predators have green blood, but his mouth blood vessels are crimson. They don't seem to have a tongue, so they can choke while eating.

The way his eyes are situated, very closed and sunken in the eyepits gives him a very narrow visual field.

Predators long & sharp claws aren't that effective unless they are retractable, because it prevent him from grabbing things properly, or to fold his hand in a fist. It's impossible make a fist with 4 centimeters long taloons, because they will sink into your flesh.

Predy needs a manicure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, those are some nice points. I really doubt his tongue and eyes cause him problems. But the crimson vessels in his mouth makes no sense and the claw thing is actually an age old problem.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Graffiti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never notice the problems. Confused The crimson veins are definetly a big contradiction.
Aramor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the skin around those veins make them look red. I mean, certain veins in my wrist look purple or blue...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predator blood is indeed green, but maybe that discoloration is caused by a similar effect to what makes our blood look blue from the surface (it isn't, an optical illusion makes it appear so.) Or the blood vessels could be surrounded by some other tissue that happens to be red. As to having no tongue and choking: I beg to differ. They might have some sort of tongue-like organ behind the vagina-flaps (very likely.)

The sunken-eyes giving a narrow fov theory: I don't see how that works. The eyes have pretty good access to the outside. The sunkeness is probably either an adaptation that instills fear in its prey, the sunkeness could make the Pred look like a skeletal figure from a distance (if dinner is scared shitless it will probably have a harder time running away no?). Or, more likely, itís just an adaptation that protects the eyes from damage during fights and such, sort of like what warthogs use the 'warts' for (btw, they're not warts, just natural growths).

About claws,the predator's claws seem to be very short actually. The following picture is a depiction of the hands of a Predator from AvP. I don't recall the Predators form the other filsm having claws any longr than this. You could easily clench your fists with these kinds of nails. Not to mention handle tools and equipment.

And last but not least: how the Preds activate thier wrist-blades. A year ago I would have said it was some sort of direct mental-activation (brainwave detection). However I've sinced learned that this would be an unreliable activation method, I couldn't possibly give you all the reasons that could go wrong with it. A non-direct mental-activation approach is feasible.

From Deathworld by Harry Harrison wrote:
"Every gun is fitted to its owner and would be useless on anyone else," Brucco said. "I'll show you why." He led Jason to an armory jammed with deadly weapons. "Put your arm in this while I make the adjustments."

It was a box-like machine with a pistol grip on the side. Jason clutched the grip and rested his elbow on a metal loop. Brucco fixed pointers that touched his arm, then copied the results from the meters. Reading the figures from his list, he selected various components from bins and quickly assembled a power holster and gun. With the holster strapped to his forearm and the gun in his hand, Jason noticed for the first time they were connected by a flexible cable. The gun fitted his hand perfectly.

"This is the secret of the power holster," Brucco said, tapping the flexible cable. "It is perfectly loose while you are using the weapon. But when you want it returned to the holster-" Brucco made an adjustment and the cable became a stiff rod that whipped the gun from Jason's hand and suspended it in midair.

"Then the return." The rod cable whirred and snapped the gun back into the holster. "The drawing action is the opposite of this, of course."

"A great gadget," Jason said. "But how do I draw? Do I whistle or something for the gun to pop out?"

"No, it is not sonic control," Brucco answered with a sober face. "It is much more precise than that. Here, take your left hand and grasp an imaginary gunbutt. Tense your trigger finger. Do you notice the pattern of the tendons in the wrist? Sensitive actuators touch the tendons in your right wrist. They ignore all patterns except the one that says hand ready to receive gun. After a time the mechanism becomes completely automatic. When you want the gun, it is in your hand. When you don't, it is in the holster."

Jason made grasping motions with his right hand, crooked his index finger. There was a sudden, smashing pain against his hand and a loud roar. The gun was in his hand-half the fingers were numb-and smoke curled up from the barrel.

"Of course, there are only blank charges in the gun until you learn control. Guns are always loaded. There is no safety. Notice the lack of a trigger guard. That enables you to bend your trigger finger a slight bit more when drawing so the gun will fire the instant it touches your hand."

It was without doubt the most murderous weapon Jason had ever handled, as well as being the hardest to manage. Working against the muscle burning ache of high gravity, he fought to control the devilish device. It had an infuriating way of vanishing into the holster just as he was about to pull the trigger. Even worse was the tendency to leap out before he was quite ready. The gun went to the position where his hand should be. If the fingers weren't correctly placed, they were crashed aside. Jason only stopped the practice when his entire hand was one livid bruise.

Complete mastery would come with time, but he could already understand why the Pyrrans never removed their guns. It would be like removing a part of your own body. The movement of gun from holster to hand was too fast for him to detect. It was certainly faster than the neural current that shaped the hand into the gun-holding position. For all apparent purposes it was like having a lightning bolt in your fingertip. Point the finger and blamm, there's the explosion.

The answer is plain to see: The preds probably flex thier muscles or somthign a certain way which triggers the blades to pop out. Nice, simple, fast, & easy. You wouldn't need to fumble around pressing buttons, could be activated in milliseconds, and will be reliable in combat conditions. But as has been stated, would probably take alot fo training to control, a negligible nuisance to Predators as they train from an early age anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
About claws,the predator's claws seem to be very short actually. The following picture is a depiction of the hands of a Predator from AvP. I don't recall the Predators form the other filsm having claws any longr than this. You could easily clench your fists with these kinds of nails. Not to mention handle tools and equipment.

I think the reason peope believe their claws to be awkward is from the second movie, where the claws were longer (not much longer, still usable) and the "foot claws" were rediculously long. I think the toenail claws were always real long though, even in the first film.

Late p.s.-this is the first time I've quoted someone "the right way" where it says "Whoever wrote" instead of just "quote". Yay!
-- Zapp Brannigan
siliconsara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon pretty much hit it on the head. Smile

Predators do have a tongue. The official P2 busts have a tongue that sits low in the mouth right before the "vagina" throat muscles. A Predator's lower jaw is a bit like a fleshy shallow cup, and in that cup sits the tongue.

Their eyes could be sunken in their head for many reasons. I always thought so that it might help them see better, or to make their eyes less visual...like how some nocturnal animals have black fur around their eyes.
Frost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanna know the real reason they are sunk in so low? Because it looks cooler! Razz
-- Zapp Brannigan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: