Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Beer
    page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

Related to today's comic! Beer. You love it, I love it, your mom loves it in her coffee.

What's your favorites? For me, nothing beats a black and tan, though if I ain't at a bar good ol' Guinness straight up in the can hits the spot.

Anyone ever try home-brewing? The way I figure is I'll pay NYC bar prices for my beer, but I'm not sure I want to work for it.

Treachout
bernieh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loyal to Brooklyn Lager, hometown brew. Sam Adams and Red Hook ESB are also frequent inhabitants of my fridge.

For Christmas one year, I received no fewer than TWO home-brewing kits from members of my family (proud, I am, to be the family alcoholic). I tried only once, though, and I ended up with a good-looking, good-smelling, foul-tasting lager. I drank half a pint of this vile swill, valiantly trying to like it, but I had to throw the rest of the batch out, which was a depressing feeling.

I know it was probably me and not the kits, but I'm just too damn lazy to try again.

Also, Post Road Pumpkin Ale is awesome if you can find it.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm, gimme gimme gimme Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss. Big Butt Doppelbock (yeah, that is it's name) is good stuff too, but it's seasonal, and April to October I have to do without.
Dahaka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

I made beer in the biology lab, someone forgot to strain it. It was shit. Hard Cider is nice stuff to make at home.

If i had to choose. Killian's.

Liquor is quicker when you're as big as godzilla, and right now i'm stuck in the land of whiskey and annoying southern accents. Oh NY pizza how i miss thee.
Sisawat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn gets alot of love here in the city, but its brewed upstate.

Lately I'm all about the Arrogant Bastard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
krisztine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone, first post. i only drink light beer so you wouldn't say i'm a connoisseur (sp) but sam adams light is actually really good (for a light beer).
JytaNona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply with quote

Dahaka wrote:

Liquor is quicker when you're as big as godzilla, and right now i'm stuck in the land of whiskey and annoying southern accents. Oh NY pizza how i miss thee.

I know where you're coming from man. *sob* I'm not in Tennessee... I'm much farther south and it doesn't get any better.
jennif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Dogfish Head (a Delaware brewery) fan, especially their standard pale ale.

Hey, why is this beer thread being dominated by women? Where are all you men? Or are you all blue-collar Bud drinkers? (somehow I doubt that)

~j
Sisawat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, probably cause of the disproportionate number of men who seem to insist on drinking beers like "Corona" or "Tecate" or "Mexican Fart Water" instead of something substantial like an IPA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to choose a beer, I'd say Killian's, since it's the only one I can actually drink more than one of and not really hate drinking the beer.

But I'm not much of a drinker. I'm more of a wine/champagne drinker when I drink.

jennif wrote:
Hey, why is this beer thread being dominated by women? Where are all you men? Or are you all blue-collar Bud drinkers? (somehow I doubt that)

Dumb answer: because when we use our semi-lame pick-up lines, we know what beer to buy you.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sisawat wrote:
"Mexican Fart Water"

I heard the head on that looks really strange. Something about the bubbles being too big....
Dean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weapons of choice are Amstel and Labatt's Blue. But I'm always interested in learning about the funkier brews.

I had an English one called "John Courage" once that was REALLY good.
Yoghurt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever tried Erdinger Weissbier? It rules and the best part is that it's really pure so there's no hangover the next morning
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
desert_drum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a lovely moment of serendipity, yesterday I got a delivery of a book I ordered - or I thought I did. Rather than what I expected, I got a copy of The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing. The seller said I can go ahead and keep it, and it has instructions for making mead, which I'd love to try doing.

To make this short (too late!), I saw at least one person on the boards with some experience with home brewing, so I was wondering if this is a good book to dive into this project with. The author is Charlie Papazian.
Pterodactyl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long, long, long ago, there was a time when ol' Adolph Coors made a fine pilsner. but alas that is for another time and place.
oooh well......... Rolling Eyes
Not in any particular order..........
Anchor Steam Brewed
Rolling Rock ( yeees dammit I said ROlling ROck) Arrow 33 Cool
Beamish ( a fine Irish dark and far smoother than it's more famous cousin Guiness ) Shocked
Henry Wienhart
Tacate (in a can, with a lime and a shot of teq-killya some where south of Dulzura CA)
Point Beer (but only because it brings back good memories of drunkin mid- western revelry in the Dell's)
San Miguel (aka San MaGoo)
Killians (duh)

all berry fuckin' flavored beers are disallowed . IMHO
-_______________________-

MY GOD!!! I have HANDS!!!! Why am I not steering the ship?!
some random guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too young to drink.

By the way, I finally joined.
Wize

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say it with me---Hoegaarden.

Even though give me a glass of 10 yr. old Wild Turkey 101 anyday.
sourlout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually surprised that there hasn’t been some jackass Canadian posting something like how American beer sucks. So… American beer sucks ass.
Although our Molson brewer, makers of "Molson's Canadian" beer, is now own 50% by some American company (Coolers?). You should have seen their ads; they always took such good rubbings at American beer. Heck, they did more for our Canadian image then any government program. But it turns out creating a great Canadian self-image doesn't actually translate to beer sales for an average beer.

My favourite beer would have to be Alexander Keith’s India Pale Ale. Good stuff.
Drone Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciamar a tha sibh,

Well, Sourlout, I personally think that not only do American pilsners suck, but Canadian beer sucks the ice off of Ann Coulter's (edited at the last moment, following an appeal by the better angels of my nature). So what beer is so good that I would insult the whole of North America? Three words, baby: Eye Ur Land!!

There is no beer better than Ireland's Smithwicks. Even Guiness has nothing on Smithwick's. Yes, I love a good strong Ale or IPA (Alaskan Amber taint too bad, and Killians is ok and all), but who are we kidding? Labat Blue? Come the h311 on! (seriously though, there are some decent Canadian Beers) but Ireland destroys when it comes to good drinking. I should know; I'm Irish.

Slainte,
TeratoMarty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally Guiness, but last month I got my mitts on something called "Heart of Darkness," and man, was it good. Haven't been able to find it again. The packy (liquor store, for you foreigners) across the street from me has a large selection of exotic beers, so I've been drinking my way through their Beers of the World.

Damn, I could use a beer now. I have a migraine, and a 6 Advil washed down with a good dark beer are the only things that help. Unfortunately, it's only 2 pm here, and I don't want to be seen among the guys who hang out at the bar down the street at 2 in the afternoon. Would it be a bad thing to go across to the packy and stash a six-pack in my desk?
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all kinds. It's fun trying stuff from all over the world. My aunt gets me a "Beers of the world" box every Christmas. Mostly I like Mexican beers. They're a little skunky, but I like them that way. My absolute favorite is Negro Modelo, but Gordon Biersch, Kingfisher and Sapporo come in next, in no particular order.

Still internet married to Tripper.
Isaac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've drank a lot of beer, but not enough different kinds to make judgements like "American beer sucks as compared to Canadian beers!!" haha My personal favorite would have to be Rolling Rock probably. I do drink the beer you guys frown upon, Bud, Coors, etc., but that's because it's the old standard around here. But, no matter what brand, keg beer is a lot better than bottled or canned. That's the way I like it.

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
l33td00d

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply with quote

Treach wrote:
Related to today's comic! Beer. You love it, I love it, your mom loves it in her coffee.

What's your favorites? For me, nothing beats a black and tan, though if I ain't at a bar good ol' Guinness straight up in the can hits the spot.

Anyone ever try home-brewing? The way I figure is I'll pay NYC bar prices for my beer, but I'm not sure I want to work for it.

Treachout

paulaner is good
predator runner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God how I love beer that thing gives you the sensation that you are in heaven.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Beer Reply with quote

Treach wrote:
Related to today's comic! Beer. What's your favorites?

Orval Trappist, Coopers Sparkling Ale, Hoegarden, or Schneider Weisse - Guinness and Stella Artois are good standby's when at the pub but if I'm feeling like white trash, then I'll crack into a Carling's Old Style Pilsner or Pacific Lager.

Last edited by sardine on Mon May 02, 2005 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: