Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Forbidden Guest Comic, from Dan Kim, Clone Manga
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Contests, Fan Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digitaaliklosetti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Xeno wrote:
something i hate in norway is, we protect a guy named mullah krekar
( osama bin ladens most trusted friend )

Which has nothing at all to do with this.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You whine on, like the comic is somehow a bad thing. Let's make some things clear;

Rape is funny. I don't care how many angry little girls throw their poorly fabricated stories of how "they were raped two months ago" at me. Rape is still funny.
This is not a matter of opinion!

Pedophilia? Hilarious!

Sodomy? Classic!
Still not a matter of opinion!

Beastiality? Comedy gold!
This is not a matter of your fucking opinion!

Necrophilia? It's a goddamn killer!
These are solid facts! Fuck you! Fuck you in the ass!

Jesus. Gah.
Teehee...
holokaustos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
Also, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You whine on, like the comic is somehow a bad thing. Let's make some things clear;

Rape is funny. I don't care how many angry little girls throw their poorly fabricated stories of how "they were raped two months ago" at me. Rape is still funny.

Pedophilia? Hilarious!

Sodomy? Classic!

Jesus. Gah.
Teehee...

Five will get you ten that this poster was molested as a child. And that's NOT hilarious, just sad.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was molested as a child... noooo ya think?

I mean... look at that hairy chest. That thing should never be seen. That is the chest of the apocolypse damnit!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
He was molested as a child... noooo ya think?

I mean... look at that hairy chest. That thing should never be seen. That is the chest of the apocolypse damnit!

LOL Laughing
Kameleone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: ...? Reply with quote

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here, but this conversation topic has gone all kinds of awry. I highly disagree as to the rape/pedophilia/bestiality etc being so darn hilarious, but maybe that's because I was molested as a child, then date raped as a young adult. One way or another, though, I could see the comic being somewhat funny, because Abe is so far beyond anything...normal. But past that, I could see it being offensive to some and hence to show it under limited access, where people have to directly volunteer to see it, was probably the best thing you could have done, Bernie. If one in ten is likely to be highly offended, then making it "their own fault" for seeing it is really the only way to do it.

To go a little past that, though, sometimes people find things funny because they're so far detached from it. Four year olds find it hilarious to watch people explode, until they suddenly realize that they aren't going to come back again, or if they do they'll be in horrendous pain and disfigured. Then all of a sudden they're scared of the "monster," but still detached from the tragedy. Sorry if it's rude to say, but it sounds more like our tactless friend is four than anything else. If he'd(?) been there, he'd(?) probably have a different view. That said: 1.I think it's insensitive if not blatantly rude to comment on whether someone was felt up or worse as a child, and really that's what was said (and laughed about) in the last two postings, after being so offended by the prospect before, 2.I think that anyone who wants to laugh at the misfortune, abuse, and destruction of another person needs to realize what they'd think about being in that person's shoes before doing so in any public manner, assuming they're not four years old anymore, and 3.I think that when a comic strip is being discussed--a comic strip, which is not meant to be serious, or to be a serious part of the real world, that people should chill the fuck out about issues and be willing to discuss it in a manner that involves a bit less mud-flinging and personalization.

And I am not saying any of this from some third-person perspective--I was at one point the victim of a pedophile, and I can still say you are taking this way too damn seriously. C'mon people. It's a joke. Maybe not a good one, but it's still a joke. A few hundred years ago a girl that wasn't married by the age of 12 was an old maid, and half the boys were "experienced" well before 16. Times have changed, and for the better, but let's get some perspective here, and stop making this personal. Please?
RandomTypePerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you just substitute Abe for Dan in that comic it makes SO much more sense.
Kameleone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: PS Reply with quote

Sorry, in my previous (omg long) comment, I mentioned the two last comments made. It ended up falling differently than I thought, so know that I meant the second and third comments on this page. Sorry if I offended anyone accidentally.

And substitute dan who for abe? I am so confuzzled...
AAATripper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holokaustos wrote:

And to Tripper: I'm no noob. I've been a member since December of last year, longer than you. I just haven't come across anything in the forums before that I felt I needed to comment on. My lack of posting on this site doesn't indicate a lack of participation on my part, noob, so check yourself. Thanks.

This is for you holokaustos. http://noob.urbanup.com/1124007
see definition 3, reference 2.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ...? Reply with quote

People are getting so worked up over this that it's rediculous. There is such thing as black humor. It means taking things that aren't funny and laughing at them anyway. If you don't think the Spanish Inqusition can be funny, you've obviously never seen History Of The World Part 1. Ditto for the holocaust. Ever see The Producers?

holokaustos wrote:
First of all, pedophilia is nothing to joke about, period. It would be like joking over the Holocaust pictures of children killed in the concentration camp ovens or joking over the people who jumped fom the Twin Towers to escape the flames: there's no humor in it at all.

I truly don't think it's the same thing. Explicit pictures are not the same as a vaguely implied attitude towards something. The comic did NOT feature Abe molesting a kid, or any other explicit horror.

Yeah, the idea of Abe being a pedo is pretty yucky. But I'm pretty much used to the idea of him being a sicko in general, so it doesn't really shock me.

Kameleone wrote:
And I am not saying any of this from some third-person perspective--I was at one point the victim of a pedophile, and I can still say you are taking this way too damn seriously. C'mon people. It's a joke. Maybe not a good one, but it's still a joke. A few hundred years ago a girl that wasn't married by the age of 12 was an old maid, and half the boys were "experienced" well before 16. Times have changed, and for the better, but let's get some perspective here, and stop making this personal. Please?

Thank you for that. I agree that the joke is tasteless and not funny. I didn't laugh at that part. I thought Preston's face in the first panel was the funny part.

Still internet married to Tripper.
BaconNeggs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amused at now many definitions of "n00b" there are.

Does anyone happen to know where the Pedo-bear originated from? I think its pretty funny when he shows up, and I've been seeing it alot.

Simon_Says

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark humour is truely one of the most dangerous realms of comedy. It also has an acquired taste. Alot of people out there in the world will not like this comic, but a select few can laugh at it.

Neither one of these groups is right or wrong, as it's all just a point of view. What do I do? I stick to my group, react accordingly, shut up, and carry on with life. I do not preach the words of my group nor do I care what other people preach. I either love it or hate it and that's the end of it, noone needs to know my position on this subject.

I don't want to be a hypocratic bastard so my lips are sealed on my verdict of this comic.

If this were, say, Holly and Munan's comic, the type of humor intended is completely different and thus merits a different responce: XD for most. That comic would only be concidered bad taste by a few religous zealots, which would be few and insignificant due to the nature of the comic Holly and Munan's comic was based on (would you think the pope would read ALP after seeing Jesus as Abe and Preston's roommate? Maybe that statement was prejudiced by I hope you get the point.). A far safer field of comedy, that appeals to a broader range of audiences.

However some peoples tastes may be specifically suited to particular forms of comedy. Me for example, I prefer satirism, wit, and parody. One of my best friends prefers practical jokes, and unintentional humor. I had to deal with people who thought I was an annoying bastard, and my friend was believed by some to be a sadistic twat.

Dark humour is, as I said, requires a specific and acquired taste. I'm only saying this so both sides could understand eachother, and to prevent any possible flame war.

As I have said, dark humour is a dangerous form of comedy, and anyone posting such stuff on the net, with thousands and perhaps millions of people watching, they'd better know what they are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

Dark humour is, as I said, requires a specific and acquired taste. I'm only saying this so both sides could understand eachother, and to prevent any possible flame war.

After all the effort I put to my little trollage there? Goddamn you, Simon_Says. Goddamn you to Hell.

Looking at that post now, I just can't help thinking, that I could make a much better version of that "Facts of Life" song.
Dorkatron3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Good points all Reply with quote

There are a lot of really good points made here, so much so that I don't feel as though I have much to add. It is Dark Humor as Simon Said. Somewhat more to the point, it is a joke about a member of an alien species, a carnivorous alien species, liking kids. A carnivorous allien species that lays it's eggs inside your throat after it rapes your face, and then after a while the babies burst out of your stomach... As much as I hate the phrase, people should probably take a reality check on this one. You don't have any proximity to being molested as a child by a fictional alien life form. That's like arguing a video of Abe coming out of someone's chest, and starting to sing "New York New York" is in bad taste because your mom died while having a C-Section.
I mean, come on people, the comic is funny because it anthropomorphizes and normalizes two fictitious alien species who are either carnivorous or hunt things for the sake of hunting. Who live in an appartment in New York with no jobs. WITH JESUS! Good god... recognize absurdity people... How would a xenomorph even mate with a human?
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applause* Very Happy

Winston_C

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
holokaustos wrote:

And to Tripper: I'm no noob. I've been a member since December of last year, longer than you. I just haven't come across anything in the forums before that I felt I needed to comment on. My lack of posting on this site doesn't indicate a lack of participation on my part, noob, so check yourself. Thanks.

This is for you holokaustos. http://noob.urbanup.com/1124007
see definition 3, reference 2.

Despite not being the addressee of this little advice, I prefer definition 4
Quote:
Generally accepted to be the greatest insult ever invented, and is more commonly used by arrogant gamers who are really just n00bs themselves.

and definition 10
Quote:
1.One who indefinatly sucks at games.
one who does not play counter strike or day of defeat.
2. A person who gets to much exercise and is extreemly gay to the point of flaming anal sex and interspecies breeding.

Laughing

I was not offended because of the joke. If there's anything that really bothered me it's the (in my point of view) wrong characterisation of Abe. It just doesn't fit.

Hey - and what happened to the right of free speech? Those who dislike the joke for whatever reason have just as much right to post their opinion as those who thought it was funny.
@$$ oh 9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic compels me to respond.
With the exception of the absurd/non-sequitous all humor is built on someones pain -- or humiliation. Many of us, both as individuals and communities, use humor to release ourselves from the painful part of the experience.
Society is full of groups reclaiming derogatory terms. I am an adult, I am black and I laugh when my friends ask what are the three things that they can't give me. And I laugh during the Gimp scene in Pulp Fiction.

Making jokes about things that we are afraid of reminds us that we do not want to be the subject of such jokes. We don't want to fall down the stairs, we don't want to be anally-probed, and we don't want to have our sexual prowess mocked. But we do laugh when it happens to FICTIONAL characters -- and some of us laugh when it happens to our friends.
AAATripper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think most people join up just to be on the userlist, or post once on a single topic and never post again....
@$$ oh 9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
i think most people join up just to be on the userlist, or post once on a single topic and never post again....

Wow both off-topic and obvious. I feel so ashamed for even being alive. You really put me in my place. Maybe you should start your next post earlier in the day so your mother doesn't force you off the computer at 10pm.

See, he tried to be humorous by attacking my post number and I rebutted by implying that he is a 14 year old with limited mental capacity.

Humor is about other peoples pain -- it is a fact of life.
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston_C wrote:
Hey - and what happened to the right of free speech? Those who dislike the joke for whatever reason have just as much right to post their opinion as those who thought it was funny.

Nobody was telling anybody else they couldn't voice their opinions, and I'm sorry if I came off that way. I'm just debating it, which isn't trying to supress anybody's opinion.

Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascist! Razz
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a pinko commie would call me a fascist! Laughing

Dorkatron3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Aww Reply with quote

Quote:
Nobody was telling anybody else they couldn't voice their opinions, and I'm sorry if I came off that way. I'm just debating it, which isn't trying to supress anybody's opinion.

Awww, I got a warm fuzzy inside!

I am glad there are still people with some sense out there. Right about the time people start saying "Stop telling me I am wrong! It is depriving me of free speach!" I start thinking "Hey, I wonder if uncured animal hides are going to come back in vogue, along with sharpened sticks and bad hygiene. I should call my broker..."
Kameleone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorkatron, well put. I like your style, and you made a good point in the process. You helped bring a little more sanity to this discussion.
Agent 47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitaaliklosetti wrote:
Mr Xeno wrote:
something i hate in norway is, we protect a guy named mullah krekar
( osama bin ladens most trusted friend )

Which has nothing at all to do with this.

Pedophilia? Hilarious!

Sodomy? Classic!

Jesus. Gah.
Teehee...

typical guys from finland
Kameleone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I don't live in Finland. How very disturbing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Contests, Fan Art All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: