Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Last single family member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Last single family member Reply with quote

My brother finally got engaged. This makes me happy. It means he will finally quit acting so irresponsibly and get out of the house.

But the bad thing is, now that I'm the only single person in the family... they will start bugging me to settle down with someone, especially since most of my family married in their early 20's.

Anyone else here ever get the "why don't you have a girlfriend yet?" from family members?
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but as advice do this :

sit down with your parents, tell them :I'm gay. While their shocked and awed, say to them : See if I was really gay that would be your reaction, now leave me time to find the right girl without being hassled. There ya go, unless you are one, well then just say the contrary I guess.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Last single family member Reply with quote

Zombie wrote:

Anyone else here ever get the "why don't you have a girlfriend yet?" from family members?

No, I'm pretty sure I never did - even after they knew I actually am as likely to have a girlfriend as a boyfriend. Wink

Seriously though, I got a lot of "Why aren't you married? Why aren't you dating? I work with a guy whose son...." (No one ever seems to work with a guy whose daughter....) I was dating sporadically, but I was roaming the landscape so much, my family never got to meet anyone.

They gave up entirely a couple years ago (female + 35 still = spinster to most people, no matter how modern-minded they claim to be). That was just about in time for me to actually decide to settle down with someone; even though he moved me far from my people, they consider him just slightly below Jesus on the divinity scale because he's male and I'm settled down. They've only recently resurrected "When are you going to get maaaaaaarried?"

My standard answer to nosy family has for several years been "Most people my age have been married two or three times because they were in a big hurry and chose for shit. I'm not really the one with the problem, am I?" I don't know if you're old enough to pull that one off, but pointing out that being in a hurry isn't the best stance in this situation can work regardless of your age Smile
Glory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't, but I know my boyfriend got that for a really long time... now all of his family is scrambling to meet me O_o;
Bounty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:

sit down with your parents, tell them :I'm gay. While their shocked and awed, say to them : See if I was really gay that would be your reaction, now leave me time to find the right girl without being hassled. There ya go, unless you are one, well then just say the contrary I guess.

I already did that when my family went to my uncles house for thanksgiving. Now everyone is ashamed and upset with me. It rules Smile
I am SO going to Hell...
Dahaka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the why? question from people, although they may not say it. They don't understand it takes time to find someone that can put up with your shit and vice versa, and that women are all evil. Well, not all of them, but a hell of a lot of them get this "I can do better" thing, and spend years chasing vanity and glance over something better cuz they don't like its toenails or tie choice for tuesdays or someshit.

I put someshit in there cuz i'm too tired to continue ranting.
desert_drum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I managed to go all these years without blaming all men for the fact that it took time to find the right one. However, you can't deny that men do the "I can do better" trick too - and my experience is that when they do it, it's based almost entirely on the woman's appearance.

But hell, who wants anyone, male or female, who acts like that? Consider it good luck that they got weeded out early. Now they can find one another and breed more shallow yuppie scum. Smile
Crotchfire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but those shallow yuppie scum outbreed us folks who don't like shallow yuppie scum, and people who don't fit that description are fewer and further between. Eventually, everyone will be shallow, yuppie scum Sad

Perhaps I ought to support government eugenics programs... but wait, every politician in the world is shallow, yuppie scum.

O NOEZ
desert_drum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhh, don't tell, but the secret is recruitment. We outlive them too, because we aren't having that first executive heart attack at 36.
Zombie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:

sit down with your parents, tell them :I'm gay. While their shocked and awed, say to them : See if I was really gay that would be your reaction, now leave me time to find the right girl without being hassled.

I've considered doing that actually. But then they'd take it seriously kick me out without a dime. They're very conservative.
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desert_drum wrote:
Shhhh, don't tell, but the secret is recruitment. We outlive them too, because we aren't having that first executive heart attack at 36.
Uhm..thoses are the guys who don't live a heathy lifstyle. But I do so maybe I'll live longer. Won't mean much if I don't find that "special someone"..

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alien Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get that from me mom....
i'm the only one old enough to have anyone at the moment
so of course it's all thrown at me...
i just blow them off saying i've got my eye on someone
usually works

Pwnad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
desert_drum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash_wednesday wrote:
desert_drum wrote:
Uhm..thoses are the guys who don't live a heathy lifstyle. But I do so maybe I'll live longer. Won't mean much if I don't find that "special someone"..

Actually, executives (male in particular for the moment, but women are catching up), regardless of healthy lifestyle or lack thereof, often plonk off early if they're Type-A folks who stress themselves into an early grave.
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desert_drum wrote:
ash_wednesday wrote:
desert_drum wrote:

Actually, executives (male in particular for the moment, but women are catching up), regardless of healthy lifestyle or lack thereof, often plonk off early if they're Type-A folks who stress themselves into an early grave.
Thankfully my kickboxing is a stress killer...

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vince Vega

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry pal, do what I do whenever I need to get out of something: fake your own death. Works for me be it wedding, arranged marriage, or ironically enough, funerals...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my boyfriend get the "when are you gonna get married?" and "when are you gonna have a baby?" crap occassionally, but more often than not we just shrug and run away. I think our families are starting to learn that we won't. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: